Pella

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pella in March 2013.

Interview Details – It is a 3 step process. First interview is human resources on phone for a hr and then face to face " coffee shop" that was about 45 minutes with sales manager. Hr then called me same day to setup board interview which is with owner and 3 managers. My interview lasted about 1 hour. Overkill if you ask me to sell windows for a living. I didn't get a offer which was a bit shocking since I do have 10 years experience in home improvement sales, my guess is they want a person with college degree, guess I will never know since pella won't respond to me via email

Interview Question – What was your favorite class in school? What a dumb question. Relevance to job??   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
West Caldwell, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pella in January 2009.

Interview Details – Word and Excell Skills Test; Intereviewed with 2 supervisors and manager that seemed to be very knowledgeable. The Manager just stared a lot, made me think that the supervisors knew a lot more than he did. Of which, I ultimately found to be true. The office is somewhat dirty with dated furniture 1970's.

Interview Questions

Trade Sales Representative Interview

Trade Sales Representative
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Pella in November 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter called and qualified me as worthy for the next step. Met with Human resources director for one on one over coffee and my resume. (Her job is to get the feel for your "first impression"). I asked for the job & closed the interview and was told then that I would be called in for the panel interview. The panel interview was at the Grand Rapids office with the owner/CEO, CFO, Human Resources & Sales Manager. Thay asked detailed questions about my qualifications then I had to present a product to them and handle objections and close the order. I then had to type a what do you expect to be doing here at Pella in one month, three months, six months & one year from now.

Interview Question – Why were you downsized at your last job?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Cincinnati, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Pella in June 2009.

Interview Details – 3 personal 1:1 interviews: 1 engineer, 1 engineering manager and 1 HR representative

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Stick to your guns. If they want you they will give in to your demands.

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pella in December 2009.

Interview Details – the hiring process is complex and very thorough, i went through several rounds of evaluation all of which culminated to a group interview that invloved 5 pella employees looking to see how i was able to answer questions in a rapid fire situation. It sounds intimadating and it was! Their questions involved scenario topics, like what would you do in this situation, they probe for ethical and moral fiber. An applicant should research the history of the company and be able to give a brief description of the company and its mission. The manager will also ask the general question, why do you want to work for pella, what do you think you have to offer, whats your biggest weakness, your best strength etc. One should look to have a decent background in the construction field, that would make them look much more attractive.

Interview Question – What do you bring to the table?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was given an offer and seeing how the job market was pretty slim at the time, i took what was offered. I would recommend the same for others, i believe the company has a policy for what it allows entry level employees to recieve for starting pay.

Department Manager Interview

Pella, IA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pella in September 2010.

Interview Details – On site shadow with person of that role, interview with potential supervisor, panel interview and 1 on 1 interview the next day. It appeared that communication as to how your shadow and 1 on 1 interview went was handed off between phases. This was challenging but managed if you were attentive.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where your authority has been confronted. How did you react?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not exist. Firm offer, no real negotiation. Relocation and entry salary are often negotiable, but this company has now had layoffs and the demand for staffing is not high.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative
Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Pella in November 2007.

Interview Details – Easy was asked a few questions about my experience.

Interview Question – How long have you been in the industry?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pella? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pella interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pella employees and interview candidates.