Pella

Pella Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pella in March 2013.

It is a 3 step process. First interview is human resources on phone for a hr and then face to face " coffee shop" that was about 45 minutes with sales manager. Hr then called me same day to setup board interview which is with owner and 3 managers. My interview lasted about 1 hour. Overkill if you ask me to sell windows for a living. I didn't get a offer which was a bit shocking since I do have 10 years experience in home improvement sales, my guess is they want a person with college degree, guess I will never know since pella won't respond to me via email

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite class in school? What a dumb question. Relevance to job??   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pella, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pella, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pella in September 2010.

On site shadow with person of that role, interview with potential supervisor, panel interview and 1 on 1 interview the next day. It appeared that communication as to how your shadow and 1 on 1 interview went was handed off between phases. This was challenging but managed if you were attentive.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where your authority has been confronted. How did you react?   Answer Question
    Did not exist. Firm offer, no real negotiation. Relocation and entry salary are often negotiable, but this company has now had layoffs and the demand for staffing is not high.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Pella in December 2009.

the hiring process is complex and very thorough, i went through several rounds of evaluation all of which culminated to a group interview that invloved 5 pella employees looking to see how i was able to answer questions in a rapid fire situation. It sounds intimadating and it was! Their questions involved scenario topics, like what would you do in this situation, they probe for ethical and moral fiber. An applicant should research the history of the company and be able to give a brief description of the company and its mission. The manager will also ask the general question, why do you want to work for pella, what do you think you have to offer, whats your biggest weakness, your best strength etc. One should look to have a decent background in the construction field, that would make them look much more attractive.

Interview Questions
    I was given an offer and seeing how the job market was pretty slim at the time, i took what was offered. I would recommend the same for others, i believe the company has a policy for what it allows entry level employees to recieve for starting pay.

Trade Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Pella in November 2009.

Recruiter called and qualified me as worthy for the next step. Met with Human resources director for one on one over coffee and my resume. (Her job is to get the feel for your "first impression"). I asked for the job & closed the interview and was told then that I would be called in for the panel interview. The panel interview was at the Grand Rapids office with the owner/CEO, CFO, Human Resources & Sales Manager. Thay asked detailed questions about my qualifications then I had to present a product to them and handle objections and close the order. I then had to type a what do you expect to be doing here at Pella in one month, three months, six months & one year from now.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pella in June 2009.

3 personal 1:1 interviews: 1 engineer, 1 engineering manager and 1 HR representative

Interview Questions
    Stick to your guns. If they want you they will give in to your demands.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Caldwell, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Caldwell, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pella in January 2009.

Word and Excell Skills Test; Intereviewed with 2 supervisors and manager that seemed to be very knowledgeable. The Manager just stared a lot, made me think that the supervisors knew a lot more than he did. Of which, I ultimately found to be true. The office is somewhat dirty with dated furniture 1970's.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pella in November 2007.

Easy was asked a few questions about my experience.

Interview Questions
    • How long have you been in the industry?   View Answer