Pella Windows & Doors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Technician Interview

Service Technician
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors in January 2014.

Interview Details – I attended a first interview with HR and the supervisor for the position which I was being considered. During the interview, I was asked if I was willing to be considered for a warehouse and a driver position. I responded that I would if it was very close in starting hourly pay. I was told I did a very good job after the interview, and was called shortly afterward for a panel interview. I scheduled the interview, and prepared diligently for it. I arrived early, and was asked to fill out a formal application. When I was almost completed, HR came to me and told me that unfortunately they had just hired someone for the service technician position. She asked if I wanted to interview for the other two positions. When I asked what the starting pay for them was, I discovered that it was much lower earning potential than the tech position. I was surprised at the unprofessional nature of this company.

Interview Question – I was asked to take a position I had no interest in, and which I had not applied for.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors in January 2013.

Interview Details – This was the most thorough and professional interview process I've ever been through. Those folks know what they're doing! Fair and complete!

Interview Question – Always asked for specific examples of events that reflected how I sell and work with customers and work within company expectations. It really made me think. But it made me realize how good I am and that's why they hired me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had learned the comp model early on and I was comfortable with it. The more I sell, the more I make. Received offer letter and accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Pella, IA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors.

Interview Details – The job interview was a panel interview with four members of management. There were three supervisors and one trainer.

Interview Question – There were no really technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for this position.

Trade Sales Representative Interview

Trade Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors.

Interview Details – Phone, 1 on 1 interview, panel interview, make offer, background check & drug screen

Interview Question – Describe a time you did not make an assigned goal. How did it make you feel and what did you do to get back on plan.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors

Interview Details – The interviews are pretty straight forward with a couple of phone interviews and then a one on one interview. The final is a panel interview with 3 managers.

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors in April 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to a recruiter 3 times before I had an official interview. First interview lasted 1 hour. 2nd interview also lasted 1 hour.

Interview Question – what is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Fall River, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors in October 2008.

Interview Details – Very casual yet efficeint interview/hiring proccess. Position posted in classified section of local paper instructing candidates to apply in person. Filled out application and was called back within 2days; was asked some quaifying questions and was invited to 1;1 interview with Controller. Was called back at end of day for panel interview with Controller and GM. Panel interviewers asked standard questions such as; what was the most difficult situation encountered and how did you resolve it; what where the pros/cons of last job position, what was your biggest accomplishment with former employee, etc. Was made a satisfactory offer and hired on spot.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment with your former employee? and how did you get that result?   Answer Question
  • What did you like least about your previous manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do not be afraid to negotiate; if you believe in your worth you will be recognized for your achievemnets and be paid fair wage for position.

Interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors

Interview Details – Tough questions about direction, goals and methods.

Interview Question – Can you handle repeated rejection wthout conceding defeat   Answer Question

Worked for Pella Windows & Doors? Contribute to the Community!