Pella Windows & Doors Interview Questions

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pella, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors (Pella, IA).

Interview

First was a phone interview with a hiring panel. I was then called for a second interview on-site. The interviewers were very inviting and genuinely were interested in every answer. The facility in Pella is immaculate and there is a very good vibe amongst employees.

Interview Questions

• Many basic questions (ex. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?)   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors.

Interview

Not tough, got the job through the school. The interview process was painless and laid back. Interviewed by two different people. Was inside of the plant and drug test followed at the hosipital.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

I attended a first interview with HR and the supervisor for the position which I was being considered. During the interview, I was asked if I was willing to be considered for a warehouse and a driver position. I responded that I would if it was very close in starting hourly pay. I was told I did a very good job after the interview, and was called shortly afterward for a panel interview. I scheduled the interview, and prepared diligently for it. I arrived early, and was asked to fill out a formal application. When I was almost completed, HR came to me and told me that unfortunately they had just hired someone for the service technician position. She asked if I wanted to interview for the other two positions. When I asked what the starting pay for them was, I discovered that it was much lower earning potential than the tech position. I was surprised at the unprofessional nature of this company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to take a position I had no interest in, and which I had not applied for.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pella, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors (Pella, IA).

Interview

The job interview was a panel interview with four members of management. There were three supervisors and one trainer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for this position.

Trade Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors.

Interview

Phone, 1 on 1 interview, panel interview, make offer, background check & drug screen

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did not make an assigned goal. How did it make you feel and what did you do to get back on plan.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interviews are pretty straight forward with a couple of phone interviews and then a one on one interview. The final is a panel interview with 3 managers.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors in April 2013.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter 3 times before I had an official interview. First interview lasted 1 hour. 2nd interview also lasted 1 hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

This was the most thorough and professional interview process I've ever been through. Those folks know what they're doing! Fair and complete!

Interview Questions

• Always asked for specific examples of events that reflected how I sell and work with customers and work within company expectations. It really made me think. But it made me realize how good I am and that's why they hired me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Had learned the comp model early on and I was comfortable with it. The more I sell, the more I make. Received offer letter and accepted.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fall River, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pella Windows & Doors (Fall River, MA) in October 2008.

Interview

Very casual yet efficeint interview/hiring proccess. Position posted in classified section of local paper instructing candidates to apply in person. Filled out application and was called back within 2days; was asked some quaifying questions and was invited to 1;1 interview with Controller. Was called back at end of day for panel interview with Controller and GM. Panel interviewers asked standard questions such as; what was the most difficult situation encountered and how did you resolve it; what where the pros/cons of last job position, what was your biggest accomplishment with former employee, etc. Was made a satisfactory offer and hired on spot.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment with your former employee? and how did you get that result?   Answer Question
    • What did you like least about your previous manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do not be afraid to negotiate; if you believe in your worth you will be recognized for your achievemnets and be paid fair wage for position.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Tough questions about direction, goals and methods.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle repeated rejection wthout conceding defeat   Answer Question