Penn Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2014
Updated Jun 19, 2014

2.6

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Penn Mutual.

I had a short phone interview following my posting to careerbuilder.com. they followed up the same week to schedule an in person interview with HR and the hiring manager. i had a second interview a few weeks later with the hiring manager and the next level up. they followed up within a week with a job offer. there was nothing out of the ordinary. they asked all the regular questions and were very pleasant

they had a little room to come up on the salary, but not too much.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Penn Mutual in March 2014.

Process was good had multiple interviews. There was a quick turn around from when I applied until I interviewed. I interviewed with multiple people on the same day over a span of a few hours. There was a follow-up phone interview two weeks later then another two weeks before I heard final decision.

Yes I was able to negotiate and it was a conversational process.

Operations Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Penn Mutual in September 2012.

The interview process was very straight forward....questions about skills and qualifications. The interviewer was easy to talk to, answered my questions thoroughly and set a clear path for the process. It was a very easy and stress free discussion with appropriate time length and challenging but expected questions.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions - most difficult was as usual "What is your weakness?"   Answer Question

Field Marketing Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Penn Mutual in June 2012.

There were technically two interviews: one for the staffing agency, which specialized in the insurance industry - and one in-house interview directly with the regional director and office manager. It was fairly straightforward and comfortable. I was a bit nervous because I knew nothing about the industry (only the position) but the interviewers didn't make me feel uncomfortable at all.

Interview Questions
    I knew the compensation was going to be between $35,000 and $50,000, depending on experience. I was fresh out of college so I would have been happy with the lowest. But I figured I'd roll the dice, so I asked for $45k - and got it. I was offered a full-time position with benefits (health + dental) a month later and a raise up to $47,500 salary.

Actuarial Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Penn Mutual.

all technical questions

Interview Questions
    • If an insurance company offers an equity for everyone. Should everyone be charged the same amount?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Penn Mutual.

Intereviewed with future boss and a future coworker. Was given a coding test that focused on both server side and front-end/client stuff. Low pressure atmosphere, though any kind of interview-based test can be a cause for nerves.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall. There were a number of questions relating to frameworks I had not worked with at the time. I managed fine, and they were not expecting me to get everything right. They were more focused on how I went about figuring it out.   Answer Question
    They were open to negotiating, but I bumped into a salary ceiling based on what other more senior employees were making. The benefits sold me, though they later slashed them.

Senior Vice President, Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Penn Mutual in May 2009.

Met with the company Senior Management.

Interview Questions
    I was n ot able to negotiate salary but was able to negotiate perks and relocation expenses.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Penn Mutual in September 2011.

They advertised through my law school and made it seem as though the job would revolve around tax and trusts issues. Really, it was just a sales position. I wasn't interested in the time in a purely sales position so, after the interview, I withdrew myself from the application process. I'm sure that this would be a great place to work, but it just wasn't for me.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about my connections in the city and where I would pull clients from.   Answer Question

Investments Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Penn Mutual in November 2010.

Initially I had a phone interview with four indivudials plus myself on conference call. It lasted about 45 minutes and I was asked numerous questions relating to my experience. A week later, I was contacted for an on-site interview, in which I met with two members of management, as well as two associates.

Interview Questions
    I was offered a desiarable salary so I did not feel the need to negotiate.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Penn Mutual in July 2010.

Asked me about my CV pretty standard fit questions.

Interview Questions

You have to do alot of cold calling and its comission based pay

Worked for Penn Mutual? Contribute to the Community!