Penn National Gaming

Relevance Date Difficulty

Game Dealer Interview

Game Dealer
Toledo, OH

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Penn National Gaming in October 2011.

Interview Details – I'm still in the process, but wanted to write on here just in case anyone wanted to know what it's like....

After submitting my application on the website I was directed to take a quick personality type exam. It was 60 some questions if I recall. Two days later I received an email that said I needed to schedule an interview. I logged on to their website and they had many different options. This was going to be a group interview.

There were about 25 of us in the group interview. Very diverse! We all stood up and gave our name, something unique about ourselves, one instance where we enhanced customer experience and whether we wanted FT or PT. After that we were given a simple math test. Now when I say simple, I mean simple! Addition, Subtraction and Division. You have 5 minutes to answer as many as you can. After you completed the exam you were taken to the other side of the office and they take you back one by one.

When I was called back we sat down and did the typical "Why do you want to work here?" "What makes you a good employee?" "In 2 minutes or less why should we hire you?"

***They are looking for your personality. The are not interested (this step) in your skills/exp. You need to be able to work a table and have a complete stranger come up to you and you seem like their best friend***

After the little 1 on 1 I was told I will hear something within 24 to 48 hours.

So......that was this morning....and I am waiting.....

...more to come

Interview Question – In 2 minutes or less, tell me why we should hire you?   Answer Question

Worked for Penn National Gaming? Contribute to the Community!