Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates

Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates Intern Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates in April 2013.

Pretty casual interview. Interviewer was senior management and an analyst later joined the interview. Business casual for them. Asked to go through resume, interest in the industries I would be working with. Talked about other casual stuff. Got along pretty well but didn't think the senior management interviewer was super enthused for whatever reason.

Demonstrated some of their big-time client work which was impressive and sort of outlined what I would do.

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates.

The interview process took about 45 minutes. I met with three people - two analysts and a project manager. The questions were almost entirely behavioral (this job definitely involves on-the-job training, you're not expected to know how to use any of their programs when starting). The office is quite collaborative so they're looking for people who are excited about working on a team. Having interest or experience in market research is an obvious plus. I was called back within a week and offered the internship.

Interview Questions
    • There was one "case" question about a chart that would be used to report the data. I absolutely failed that question and had to have it repeated several times. I have no idea how you would be expected to answer the question if you hadn't had exposure to market research in the past (which I hadn't) but other than that, the questions are easy.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, interns get paid $10/hour. I was able to set my own schedule though.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates.

There was a little back and forth and I was hired pretty last minute as an intern. At first I was told that they expected interns to work 28 hours a week, but then it turns out our set up changed so I only worked 20 (which was fine by me!) since there were two interns for our team.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward interview, asked about my math, writing, and foreign language skills, nothing that really threw me for a loop though.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates in October 2011.

Applied through university career website, and was interviewed over the phone. A few days later they called back for a in person interview. The senior analysts are very experienced and very congenial. They offered great exposure to fundamentals of market research and analytic tools.

Interview Questions
    • how have you demonstrated strengths in empirical analysis and the ability to communicate effectively?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates in March 2010.

For in-person interviews you will interview with 2-3 lower level employees and asked about your interest in the company and industry, typical interview questions (relating your experience to the job/industry), and a series of questions to test you analytical and strategic thinking abilities.

As with any interview, show interest in the company/industry, provide well thought out answers, and be genuine. Don't memorize a speech and answer questions straightforwardly and honestly.

From there, you may be passed on to Directors and / or VP's, dependent upon their availability.

The interviews are pretty casual and laid-back, as is the work environment. Most employees are dressed in jeans and button up, and you won't be judged too harshly on your attire. Dress smart--you are still at in interview--but don't go out and buy a tuxedo.

Key is that if you come off as intelligent, hard working, and interested, you will get a lot of interest.

Interview Questions
    • How many gas stations are there in the United States?   View Answer
    Attempts at negotiation were not effective, but this was at the height of the recession. I've heard from others that they were able to negotiate in the past for a slight increase in salary and also for relocation fees.

Worked for Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates? Contribute to the Community!