Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates in April 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty casual interview. Interviewer was senior management and an analyst later joined the interview. Business casual for them. Asked to go through resume, interest in the industries I would be working with. Talked about other casual stuff. Got along pretty well but didn't think the senior management interviewer was super enthused for whatever reason.

Demonstrated some of their big-time client work which was impressive and sort of outlined what I would do.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Bellevue, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates.

Interview Details – The interview process took about 45 minutes. I met with three people - two analysts and a project manager. The questions were almost entirely behavioral (this job definitely involves on-the-job training, you're not expected to know how to use any of their programs when starting). The office is quite collaborative so they're looking for people who are excited about working on a team. Having interest or experience in market research is an obvious plus. I was called back within a week and offered the internship.

Interview Question – There was one "case" question about a chart that would be used to report the data. I absolutely failed that question and had to have it repeated several times. I have no idea how you would be expected to answer the question if you hadn't had exposure to market research in the past (which I hadn't) but other than that, the questions are easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, interns get paid $10/hour. I was able to set my own schedule though.

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates.

Interview Details – There was a little back and forth and I was hired pretty last minute as an intern. At first I was told that they expected interns to work 28 hours a week, but then it turns out our set up changed so I only worked 20 (which was fine by me!) since there were two interns for our team.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward interview, asked about my math, writing, and foreign language skills, nothing that really threw me for a loop though.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through university career website, and was interviewed over the phone. A few days later they called back for a in person interview. The senior analysts are very experienced and very congenial. They offered great exposure to fundamentals of market research and analytic tools.

Interview Question – how have you demonstrated strengths in empirical analysis and the ability to communicate effectively?   Answer Question

Intern

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates in March 2010.

Interview Details – For in-person interviews you will interview with 2-3 lower level employees and asked about your interest in the company and industry, typical interview questions (relating your experience to the job/industry), and a series of questions to test you analytical and strategic thinking abilities.

As with any interview, show interest in the company/industry, provide well thought out answers, and be genuine. Don't memorize a speech and answer questions straightforwardly and honestly.

From there, you may be passed on to Directors and / or VP's, dependent upon their availability.

The interviews are pretty casual and laid-back, as is the work environment. Most employees are dressed in jeans and button up, and you won't be judged too harshly on your attire. Dress smart--you are still at in interview--but don't go out and buy a tuxedo.

Key is that if you come off as intelligent, hard working, and interested, you will get a lot of interest.

Interview Question – How many gas stations are there in the United States?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Attempts at negotiation were not effective, but this was at the height of the recession. I've heard from others that they were able to negotiate in the past for a slight increase in salary and also for relocation fees.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates

Worked for Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates? Contribute to the Community!