Penn State University Administrative Support Assistant II Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Support Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  University Park, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Penn State University in June 2012.

2 interviews of 1 hour in length. Panel of 4 interviewers took turns to ask about various aspects of the jobs I have handled. Each member of the panel had a copy of my resume. The more work anecdotes of various experiences you can share eloquently gets you the job. Mostly behavioral questions. Ability to learn new software is critical

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Penn State University

Administrative Support Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Penn State University in September 2010.

Apply for jobs at PSU entail filling out the online application and then applying directly for jobs on the Human Resources job posting site. I applied to over 70 positions before securing this position, which is at least three steps down from my former job. The job market is small and those seeking employment is enormous. As one of the few primary employers in central PA, I knew I would be in for some competition.

I was contacted via telephone for an 1st interview. I met with a panel of 5 interviewers. All went well and I was called back in a few weeks for a 2nd interview. This interview was a panel of 7 interviewers. The questions were standard interview type questions like tell me about a time you exceeded expectations/ tell me about a time you made a mistake at work and how you handled it. Then a few more questions to get to know me better were included that were specific to my work history.

Another few weeks and they requested to meet me one more time. This meeting was a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with your boss.   View Answer

Worked for Penn State University? Contribute to the Community!