Penn State University

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.6

Communications Assistant Interview

I applied via mail, for this particular position they didn't want any digital applications. Two months passed before I was first contacted for an interview. I played phone tag with my interviewer for two weeks before we actually spoke and scheduled the interview for a Friday. It was the shortest interview of my life – so short that I didn't have to pay for my parking. I was still within the free first half hour. The following Monday they called me first thing to offer me the job.

Research Associate Interview

It depends on the PI. In my case, I had a phone interview first, and then had an on site interview. But the PI already made a decision beforehand. I met the people in the lab as a future coworker, and gave a presentation what I was working with.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Contacted a professor and get an phone interview, was asked to write a proposal about a specific research topic. Finished it in about a month and got an offer as research assistant.

Service Desk Supervisor Interview

The interview process was very professional for a student position. I was asked mostly behavioral questions that tested my ability to handle common adverse situations between employees. Only a few technical questions were asked, which most low-level IT/engineering students could easily answer. I feel that most people with a positive attitude and commitment to great customer service can excel in this position. Responsibility is a primary focus of the supervisor position. Ensuring that all tickets are handled in a correct and efficient manner is perhaps the most important aspect of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation in which you were involved in implementing a change that enhanced the workplace.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Park, PA
    Anonymous Employee in University Park, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Penn State University in November 2014.

Applied online. Had a phone interview two weeks after my initial application. Later had a presentation followed by a group interview and additional questioning. HR at PSU is extremely slow. The interview process is long and arduous. Penn State decided to withdraw the position. Three months were wasted. The department I interviewed with didn't even have the decency to call or email me to inform me that the position was withdrawn. Instead, I received a generic prompt from HR. I would say that was highly unprofessional considering how much communication I had with the department.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. Prepare beforehand and you'll do well.   Answer Question

Nutritionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Penn State University in November 2014.

Took about a month, panel interview. The questions were difficult and one of the interviewers did not seem to like me. He kept asking the same question as if he was expecting a certain answer. I could not satisfy him, apparently. I got a letter about a month or two later stating that they had gone with another candidate. It was a stressful interview.

Research Assistant Interview

minimal, asked about courses and other past experiences. The interview is not a formal process but depends more on the professor approached. It is a good idea to ask questions yourself about the position you are applying for as it is a 1 year commitment at the least.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Penn State University.

I was called for a phone interview 3 1/2 weeks after I submitted my application (on line). I was called 5 days later to interview in person. I interviewed a week after that. I was told that the hiring process is slow and checks take a while. I was also told that after they said they wanted to have someone in place by the beginning of the month to mid month (2 weeks to a month after the interview). I know they must be interviewing others, but I was not told either way. I honestly have no idea what to think--whether I am seriously being considered still?

Interview Questions
    • I sat down and really thought about how my past experience connected with this job and prepared. Lots of behavioral and situational questions in the in person interview.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Penn State University.

The employee will ask previous questions of what have you done before, and ask what can you do to the present work. After that the employee will communicate some relax questions with you like talking about your family. The interview will be conducted on the line.

Procurement Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Penn State University in July 2014.

Plan reviews with up to six people. It was a round robin Q&A. The interviewers where from all levels of the department. The interview technic was situation, action, results. The questions were to understand how you reach to situations. Example; tell us about a time you had a difficult situation and what did you do and what was the result.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw something that was wrong what would you do and define what is wrong.   Answer Question