Penske Automotive Group

2.7

Internet Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Penske Automotive Group.

You will initially interview with internet sales director, then followed by GSM an GM. The director is the one who determines if hired or not. Once Job is offered you'll be contacted by an outside background research company to verify the information on your application, including last 10 years work and home information.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be willing to do Online video's as responses to customer inquiries.   View Answer
    I was able to request a specific future time, and a specific day off due to school.

PBX Operator/Receptionist Call Center Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Penske Automotive Group.

I received a thank you for my interested email. Advising the location of the call center, the position expectations, details, work schedule (11-7PM) and hourly pay. I was told to respond back if interested to set up an interview.

I responded, she responded, we scheduled an interview for the next day.

I went in, sat and waited for her to come down at the reception area. She came down and we went back upstairs.

The call center area is pretty small with window freeway view. The people there seemed to be all white women with a lot of empty seating.

The interview process consisted of discussing my resume and experience. Following a lengthy time being shown the software used to direct customers and discussing the phone system.

After, I was asked a series of 20 questions, what are my weakness, strength. How do I handle being influenced, how do I handle conflict with coworkers, etc. I think the questionnaire should be eliminated it was somewhat irrelevant and unnecessary.

After about 40 minutes, I was given a application packet to complete and told, disappointingly, the hiring process.

The hiring process is first an initial interview, a phone interview, following another 2 interviews with the director and someone from HR.

A criminal, credit, MVD driving, drug and background check information release conducted by a 3rd party group.

To intensive of a hiring process for a small call center position.

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like from your previous employer?   View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Penske Automotive Group.

I was referred by a friend who was a friend of the New Car Sales Manager. I was told to bring my driving record and resume. He scheduled the initial interview. It was great. We just talked about our lives in the auto industry. Scheduled 2nd interview on the spot with the General Manager. I was warned several times not to be late. I was early. He was over an hour late, and it was the quickest interview I've ever had. He said he "liked my attitude." I was told I would be contacted for 3rd interview with the Area Vice President. And again, I was early. He was late. After interviews, a very intensive background check with 2 hour phone interview. It was around a 4 week process.

Valet Assistant Interview

The hiring process is very smooth

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield Township, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Penske Automotive Group in May 2013.

Very thorough, background check. Typical "what can you bring to us" "Give a problem and solution in your past experiences". All very typical.

Just go with it.

Auto Tech Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Penske Automotive Group in January 2013.

Smooth, and predictable, everything was explained very well. They explained the job to me very well. And what was expected of me productivity wise. I didn't really understand why they needed so much information on me,

Interview Questions
    • What was expected of me on the job. Getting myself organized to fit in the new job.   Answer Question
    They told me, I didn't really say anything.

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Penske Automotive Group in January 2013.

There were a total of 2 interviews, one phone, second in person. They had extensive background investigations and were a little hesitant to hire me based on my experience level. I told them what I was used to doing but sounded like they did not care. The HR person there was helpful, when she was there.

Interview Questions
    • They did not give me any difficult questions to gauge my performance abilities. Again, they did not care.   Answer Question
    It was either take it or leave it.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Penske Automotive Group in September 2010.

Met with Roger Penske and his executive management team. Roger was very hands on and knew his business more than others at his level. I felt inspired to do my best.

Interview Questions
    Available based on my experience and their need for a qualified individual.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Penske Automotive Group in May 2010.

Achieved two interviews in a process that was very structured and informative. The second interview placed me as one of four final candidates with an opportunity to meet with HR Director. I found all interviews to be well organized with the interviewers showing genuine interest in my skills and experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you overcome your inexperience with social media as a marketing communication tool?   View Answer

Sales Professional Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Penske Automotive Group in January 2010.

Found the job posting on craigslist and showed up to the dealership with my resume. It was a group interview at first and we all filled out general applications. Each one of us spoke with a floor manager individually, at which point he let you know whether you would receive a call back or not. Instead of calling me back, he asked me to stay and speak with a Sales Manager. I did well, so I was referred to the General Sales Manager who hired me on the spot because I was almost 20 years younger than the youngest salesman. They told me my salary upfront, and were very clear with me in terms of my pay, which was really good. A background and drug screen later, I was applying to DMV for a vehicle salesperson license and I was making sales.

Interview Questions
    No need to negotiate because they offered me more than I could've wanted at 19 years old. They promised me a $2500 minimum and told me they would be ashamed if that was all I could make in a month.