Penske Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

2.5

Logistics Analyst Interview

Interview

Get the position information from networking and then followed four interview. The first two were with the financial people and then with the direct manager.

Interview Questions

• The direct manager asked couple question on the understanding of basic supply chain logic. Like reduce a day in the ordering process will affect what party of the company.   Answer Question

Truck Driver - Yard Switcher/Yard Jockey Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Penske (Stockton, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter who discussed the position and answered my questions, scheduled for an interview and road test, sent for a drug screen, and basically went to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, just given an outline of the position and the pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelbyville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Penske (Shelbyville, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

They call you, have a phone interview, bring you in for an interview with an operations manager - which they are basically getting the feel for you, making sure you can work in the cold environment (refrigerated warehouse), and work with union employees. Next you interview with the Sr ops mgr. They'll contact you and offer you a position, and if you are interviewed they can't afford to not hire you because they can't keep any supervisors, so they'll make an offer. Before you accept the offer, tremendous to consider in the pay that you'll work apx 60 hrs per week as a minimum. Do not listen to what they tell you about"extra day" pay add they only pay that when they want to and they often threaten to not pay it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penske in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online one day later received email stating they wanted to do a phone interview. Conducted phone interview to get another email about a in person interview the next week. Had interview with HR and an senior operations supervisor. Next week got another email about a second interview with the GM and HR. Received an offer that same day.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Penske.

Interview

We sat in an office. The manager started asking questions about what my situation was and he was very understanding about it. They were nice enough to tell me that they really wanted me on their team.

Load Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Penske (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed In person with the manager. He was very easy going. He explained the job requirements. He asked a few basic interview questions. We then went over any questions I had. That completed the entire interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and how did you avoid it in the future?   Answer Question

Rental Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Penske.

Interview

Quite easy process. Not a lot of hard questions. By the book interview. A lot of situation questions were used in mine. Since we are dealing with customers all day they want to know how you will handle inevitable situations. From beginning to end the whole process took about a month before I started my first day.

Mateial Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Penske.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple. They asked straight questions did not try and drill you. The Interviewers were not very thorough as far as what the job entailed and what your working schedule would be, but everything worked out for the best.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Penske (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

Easy, there was the usual 2 phone interviews, then come in for an in person interview, then you come in and to a facility walk through and talk about the operation. STAR questions in first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were challenged by an employee   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Penske (Carson, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I went to the interview. As soon as I stepped in there was no one at the front desk. However, I heard lots of chatter and laughing coming from the background. "Hello?" "Hello?" Still no reply after 10 minutes I walk in the back where the employees are and someone helps me. I go into my interview everything seemed to go pretty well. The interviewer talked about the position for 30 minutes and I was never asked any questions about myself. At the end he asked me did I have questions. I thought of 3 all of which he said were good questions! He gave me his business card and told me to go to the location where I would be working, 40 minutes from the interviewing site. I was instructed to observe the site for 30 minutes then send him a follow up email saying I wanted to join the team. I followed all of his instructions. I even called his cell and office to leave a voicemail. In the END big waste of time. & Gas money never heard back from him.