Penske Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.5

Logistics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Penske (Beachwood, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

It was easy the manager was friendly. But it took 3 months for the process to get through. They take a lot of time to reply and follow up. and set interviews on site within a gap of a month minimum.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers. They ask you the typical interview questions. They then try and figure out what style of thinking you use to place you if they want to hire you.

Sales and Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Penske (Columbus, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

There were three men that Interviewed me for 45 minutes. The Questions were pretty tough and they were one after another. I felt like the interview process went very well overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online one day later received email stating they wanted to do a phone interview. Conducted phone interview to get another email about a in person interview the next week. Had interview with HR and an senior operations supervisor. Next week got another email about a second interview with the GM and HR. Received an offer that same day.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelbyville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Penske (Shelbyville, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

They call you, have a phone interview, bring you in for an interview with an operations manager - which they are basically getting the feel for you, making sure you can work in the cold environment (refrigerated warehouse), and work with union employees. Next you interview with the Sr ops mgr. They'll contact you and offer you a position, and if you are interviewed they can't afford to not hire you because they can't keep any supervisors, so they'll make an offer. Before you accept the offer, tremendous to consider in the pay that you'll work apx 60 hrs per week as a minimum. Do not listen to what they tell you about"extra day" pay add they only pay that when they want to and they often threaten to not pay it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penske.

Interview

Quite easy process. Not a lot of hard questions. By the book interview. A lot of situation questions were used in mine. Since we are dealing with customers all day they want to know how you will handle inevitable situations. From beginning to end the whole process took about a month before I started my first day.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Penske (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

Easy, there was the usual 2 phone interviews, then come in for an in person interview, then you come in and to a facility walk through and talk about the operation. STAR questions in first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were challenged by an employee   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penske.

Interview

We sat in an office. The manager started asking questions about what my situation was and he was very understanding about it. They were nice enough to tell me that they really wanted me on their team.

Load Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penske (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed In person with the manager. He was very easy going. He explained the job requirements. He asked a few basic interview questions. We then went over any questions I had. That completed the entire interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and how did you avoid it in the future?   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Penske in September 2014.

Interview

spent time on the phone ( phone screening ) , then scheduled an interview,, very professional, we went over job description , i was asked how i would handle diagnosing and repairs for specific vehicles . Interview lasted just over an hour and a half. we discussed benefit options pay scale and how the penske operation works with regard to repairs.