Penske Motor Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.9

Guest Relations Interview

Interview

Its a long process, but worth it. I interviewed with 2 different managers and then met the general manager. They did a background and dmv pull on all new hires. I'm very happy with the organization.

Interview Questions

• My previous employment history? What I enjoy to do in my spare time.   1 Answer

Internet Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Penske Motor Group (San Rafael, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It's was a long hiring process, were I went to multiple interview. They made me do multiple test to see if I fit the position and then they introduced me to people around the facility to give me a overview of how the culture is at RAB Motors.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at RAB motors?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Penske Motor Group.

Interview

I applied online and completed the personality assessment test. I followed up over the phone & walked in as many times as it took to speak with a manager (which they claim to be very busy but let's not kid ourselves..) They mentioned that Wednesday noon is when they follow through with performing interviews, not necessarily booked as an appointment. But rather a walk in and a first come first serve basis on Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the other candidate that has more experience, skills....   Answer Question
    • How did you purchase your car?... Who did you go with?...   Answer Question

Health and Wellness Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Penske Motor Group (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initially I was called for a phone screening. The phone call was brief but thorough, between myself and who would be my direct report. Next I had an in person interview with my direct reports, at the location of the listed position. Thirdly, I had an in person interview with General Manager of location. Lastly, I had a Skype or online interview with HR Manager who is the head of my department.

Interview Questions

• How my experience will be/can be translated to my position.   1 Answer

Internet Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Penske Motor Group (El Monte, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

On the first day, there were multiple in person interviews at the dealership with different managers. They were all trying to gauge my personality and work history by asking a variety of standard questions. After, I was invited to interview with an HR manager and the an executive of the company. They did not seem adequately prepared to interview since the executives had a meeting at they time I was scheduled to interview with them. An interview that should have taken no more than 90 minutes took about three hours. I was told that I would be contacted in three days with a final decision. on the fourth day I emailed them to request a status update. No response. after two weeks I tried to contact them again but they did not respond. It was when I saw the job listing reposted that I knew I was not selected. I did not appreciate that I was ignored since I had to drop my classes that I was registered for in order to maintain a flexible schedule as they requested.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Penske Motor Group.

Interview

you get a call then after they set up your interview and you get interviewed by like ten people and its annoying. its so time consuming and a waste of time.. everyone in this company is full of poop..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

don't get a job here, if they don't like you or any employees they will let you go

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penske Motor Group (El Monte, CA).

Interview

it was a long process, i interviewd with 6 people. I also took a test simillar to an ASE test, then they asked me a lot of questions regarding the product. I answered tem all and did pretty well and was hired a couple weeks later.

Negotiation

pretty easy

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I interviewed with the Vice President of HR, General Manager and had to present to some of the managers of the dealer. Everyone that I sat down to interview with was friendly and inviting. They really just wanted to get to know why I wanted the position. They explained their vision and I felt that my skills and background would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• The hardest part was remembering all of the awards and accolades.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penske Motor Group (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I went through AppleOne and they contacted Lexus of Stevens Creek for me to set up an interview. I'm not sure if they still use agencies, but if not, you can go online, or in person and fill out an application. Most of the time, they are trying to hire quickly so they will contact you within a week if they believe you are a good candidate. My initial interview was with the administrative manager. I was called back for a 2nd interview with the Service & Parts director, and called a 3rd time for an interview with the GM. I think they have minimized that to 2 in house interviews now. I believe the whole process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions such as "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted the position as it was offered.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penske Motor Group in July 2013.

Interview

I was called because they saw my resume online and were interested. I came in the next day and interviewed 3 people over 3 hours. I came in for a second interview and spoke with two more people. On my 3rd interview i spoke with the president for about 15 minutes. The formal questions they asked were behavioral based which were not too hard. They were more interested in my experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you get employee buy in coming from the outside?   1 Answer