Penske Motor Group

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Penske Motor Group

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Penske Motor Group.

you get a call then after they set up your interview and you get interviewed by like ten people and its annoying. its so time consuming and a waste of time.. everyone in this company is full of poop..

Interview Questions
    don't get a job here, if they don't like you or any employees they will let you go

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penske Motor Group.

it was a long process, i interviewd with 6 people. I also took a test simillar to an ASE test, then they asked me a lot of questions regarding the product. I answered tem all and did pretty well and was hired a couple weeks later.

pretty easy

Recruiter Interview

I interviewed with the Vice President of HR, General Manager and had to present to some of the managers of the dealer. Everyone that I sat down to interview with was friendly and inviting. They really just wanted to get to know why I wanted the position. They explained their vision and I felt that my skills and background would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part was remembering all of the awards and accolades.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penske Motor Group.

I went through AppleOne and they contacted Lexus of Stevens Creek for me to set up an interview. I'm not sure if they still use agencies, but if not, you can go online, or in person and fill out an application. Most of the time, they are trying to hire quickly so they will contact you within a week if they believe you are a good candidate. My initial interview was with the administrative manager. I was called back for a 2nd interview with the Service & Parts director, and called a 3rd time for an interview with the GM. I think they have minimized that to 2 in house interviews now. I believe the whole process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions such as "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer
    No negotiation. I accepted the position as it was offered.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penske Motor Group in July 2013.

I was called because they saw my resume online and were interested. I came in the next day and interviewed 3 people over 3 hours. I came in for a second interview and spoke with two more people. On my 3rd interview i spoke with the president for about 15 minutes. The formal questions they asked were behavioral based which were not too hard. They were more interested in my experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get employee buy in coming from the outside?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Penske Motor Group in May 2012.

Seems to be a great organization with a great culture. Due to private company, financials are hard to find and growth is difficult to verify.

I have interviewed twice, both were in person interviews. Interviewers tried to run behavioral based interviewed but didn't do too well. It was not a well conducted interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you help improve the relationship with a difficult client or customer. How were you successful on unsuccessful?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Penske Motor Group in January 2012.

Took over three months to finally get through it all, but it worked out well. Easy interview process.

None

Payroll Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Penske Motor Group in June 2011.

Applied online, simple behavioral interview questions asking about your goals, past experiences, etc. There wasn't any technical questions. Everything is very standard and shouldn't be a problem if you can carry yourself well. My interviewer was extremely courteous and even gave me a tour of the facility when I started the job.

Technician Interview

Interview and hiring process isa bit slow. And it took probably about 1 - 2 months to complete the whole process. First called in for interview, and then background/credit check, and then more interviews and drug screen before get hired.