Penske Truck Leasing

36 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Diesel Technician Interview

Diesel Technician

I applied in-person and interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing.

Interview Details – Penske offers great pay and benefits compared to other truck leasing groups.
At Penske you will work on the newest equipment training is essential and in detail to industry standard.

Interview Question – I have been working at Penske for a while yet, the Houston district lacks management skill at the Langtry location.
Management shows favoritism to those of his choice.
hard work and dedication will not matter if you don't click.
  View Answer

Real Estate Intern Interview

Real Estate Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing in April 2014.

Interview Details – Brief 10min phone screen, followed by an hourlong onsite interview. They went through the position, asked me if I had any questions after each step.

Interview Question – no surprise questions   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing.

Interview Details – The entire process took just over a month due to both of our schedules. I applied online and received a phone call for my first interview with the District Rental Manager and the location Rental Manager. The following week I had a phone interview with the District Manager. At this point they wanted to see if I would be a good fit for the company. A couple weeks later I had the final interview with the Regional Manager. This was more of a candid conversation that an actual interview. The District Rental Manager is the one who does the actual hiring but the other interviews are to make sure that you would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – Typical questions such as what are your greatest strengths/weaknesses. How did you handle a negative work situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This position is hourly and pretty cut and dry. It's a good starting salary and after about 6 months you will get a promotion and a raise.

Rental Representative Part Time Interview

Rental Representative Part Time

I applied online and interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing.

Interview Details – I applied online and followed up on my application with the District Rental Manager. I was then offered an on the spot phone interview and set up an in-person interview the following day. The phone interview was them getting to know my work background and experiences and then the in-person interview was so they could get to know you as a person, and what you could offer the company.

The interview was one-on-one and very laid back. For this position in particular, they were looking for someone who could provide excellent customer service and could connect with a customer. If you can develop a connection with your interviewer, you should be in good shape.

Interview Question – What sets you apart from other applicants?

Name a time you had to sell an idea to upper-management and had your idea implemented.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very generous offer.

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager

Interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing

Interview Details – I was internal, so was not much of an interview process

Interview Question – typical standard questions, nothing unexpected. Looking for energetic go get 'em answers   Answer Question

Greenville, SC

I applied online and interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing.

Interview Details – Interviewed at three different sites with the area rental manager, district manager, and branch manager. Process took about four weeks.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Very straightforward.   Answer Question

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing in January 2013.

Interview Details – 3-4 interviews before being hired, can take up to a month for full response, first interview very informational/inquisitive, subsequent interviews more informal but conducted with upper management

Interview Question – tell us about a time when you faced a challenge at work and had to overcome it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – set pay rate, no room to negotiate

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing in November 2012.

Interview Details – I met with two different managers, District Rental Manager and District Manager before being offered the job and being approved by the Area Rental Manager.

Interview Question – Name a time that you were in a group or a team and failed, how did you overcome that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. Take it or leave it.

Operations and Sales Management Trainee Interview

Operations and Sales Management Trainee
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted about 3 weeks later. I was emailed and set up an interview for a few days later. It was a phone interview as I was 3 states away. The gentleman I had spoken to was the branch manager and his boss.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about the company. Why should I hire you? Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer. Tell me about a time you dealt with someone in a team setting that was not contributing. Tell me about your sales background. Tell me about your customer service background. Tell me about a time when you handled an upset customer. Any questions for me?   View Answer

Hiker Interview

Hiker
Eau Claire, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was looking for a part time job as I am on SSI and that position fit me well. except SAT but Hey you have to accept this in this day and age .

Interview Question – Learning to adjust to many tasks notebook is the key write it down .....   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Penske Truck Leasing

Worked for Penske Truck Leasing? Contribute to the Community!