Penske Truck Leasing Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.7

Management Trainee Interview

Initially, I got an e-mail inviting me to apply for the Management Trainee Program, and was called back for a surprise 15-min interview over the phone after a month, where we also scheduled a more in-depth interview. The second phone interview acts as a filter to bringing applicants for a face-to-face chat, about an hour long. Finally, I got the face interview with the manager of the location, and was invited to a last interview the following week with my current supervisor. From there, I got a phone call stating that I would be hired, and asking to stop by to fill some paperwork and pick up the drug-testing forms. I was then given a new hire user and passcode where I had access to videos and introductory information useful before the first week, such as benefit options. The people were very friendly during and after the interview. The company has a very rich culture and are careful in selecting the people they hire.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you came up with a creative solution to a problem at a previous job.   View Answer
    As an MT, I did not feel I was given the space to negotiate my wage, but their offer was very competitive. Withing 5 months of being hired, I expect to finish training and get a raise, depending on living cost of where I will be relocated.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Penske Truck Leasing.

Was first contacted by a recruiter who asked me a few generic questions and set up initial interview. It was three managers: the branch rental manager the district rental manager and the district manager. This took about two hours and gave me clues there would be a second interview. From there I had the second interview with the area rental manager who at the end of the interview set-up my rubber stamp interview with the area Vice President. You have to take a day and drive to his office. He will spend five minutes taking to you. From there a recruiter will be in contact with you about your DOT screening and drug test. Once you pass, the recruiter will again contact you and send you the official offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when... And what did you do.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. But you will get paid the same no matter if you have a degree or not.

Fueler/Washer/Detailer(CSR) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Penske Truck Leasing in August 2014.

Got a call out the blue asking if I would come interview the next day. Meet with a HR person that did most of the question asking, then meet with the Manger.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest accomplishment, time you had to work as a team what did you have to accomplish.   Answer Question

Diesel Technician Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing.

Penske offers great pay and benefits compared to other truck leasing groups.
    At Penske you will work on the newest equipment training is essential and in detail to industry standard.

Interview Questions
    • I have been working at Penske for a while yet, the Houston district lacks management skill at the Langtry location.
      Management shows favoritism to those of his choice.
      hard work and dedication will not matter if you don't click.
        View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Penske Truck Leasing.

The entire process took just over a month due to both of our schedules. I applied online and received a phone call for my first interview with the District Rental Manager and the location Rental Manager. The following week I had a phone interview with the District Manager. At this point they wanted to see if I would be a good fit for the company. A couple weeks later I had the final interview with the Regional Manager. This was more of a candid conversation that an actual interview. The District Rental Manager is the one who does the actual hiring but the other interviews are to make sure that you would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions such as what are your greatest strengths/weaknesses. How did you handle a negative work situation.   Answer Question
    This position is hourly and pretty cut and dry. It's a good starting salary and after about 6 months you will get a promotion and a raise.

Real Estate Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Penske Truck Leasing in April 2014.

Brief 10min phone screen, followed by an hourlong onsite interview. They went through the position, asked me if I had any questions after each step.

Rental Representative Part Time Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing.

I applied online and followed up on my application with the District Rental Manager. I was then offered an on the spot phone interview and set up an in-person interview the following day. The phone interview was them getting to know my work background and experiences and then the in-person interview was so they could get to know you as a person, and what you could offer the company.

The interview was one-on-one and very laid back. For this position in particular, they were looking for someone who could provide excellent customer service and could connect with a customer. If you can develop a connection with your interviewer, you should be in good shape.

Interview Questions
    • What sets you apart from other applicants?

Name a time you had to sell an idea to upper-management and had your idea implemented.
        Answer Question
    Very generous offer.

Branch Manager Interview

I was internal, so was not much of an interview process

Interview Questions
    • typical standard questions, nothing unexpected. Looking for energetic go get 'em answers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Penske Truck Leasing.

Interviewed at three different sites with the area rental manager, district manager, and branch manager. Process took about four weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Very straightforward.   Answer Question

Operations and Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penske Truck Leasing.

I applied online and was contacted about 3 weeks later. I was emailed and set up an interview for a few days later. It was a phone interview as I was 3 states away. The gentleman I had spoken to was the branch manager and his boss.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about the company. Why should I hire you? Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer. Tell me about a time you dealt with someone in a team setting that was not contributing. Tell me about your sales background. Tell me about your customer service background. Tell me about a time when you handled an upset customer. Any questions for me?   View Answer