Penske Truck Leasing Interview Questions in Reading, PA

Updated Apr 25, 2015

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager, was asked to describe myself, why I would be a good fit, and asked about my past work experience. They either seemed rushed on getting an intern or thought I was qualified enough to hire me, so I only had one phone interview and was offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer? What was the result?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Some context: I am a currently employed software developer making over $80k/year with several years of enterprise Java and relational database experience.

I applied online for the Programmer Analyst position at Penske Truck Leasing in Reading, Pa. a few weeks ago. The hiring system interface seemed antiquated and there were too many steps, but the e-mail notifications showing my application status (received, in process, etc.) were nice.

Got a cold call a day or two later from a developer who began asking me textbook Java questions such as abstract class vs. interface, what is a finally block, when is a finally block not reached, can you store heterogeneous objects in a collection, what are annotations, what is synchronization, etc. Also, did I know Spring, XMLBeans, UDDI, etc. SQL questions included outer vs. inner join.

After the technical stuff there was a brief section of soft skill type questions. After that it was open to my questions. A few things I learned: there are a lot of long timers working there. The interviewer said the most junior developer in their group had been there 4 years. Interviewer himself had put in over a decade, and he sounded young (late 20s/early 30s). They do allow telecommuting, but only one day a week, and only after a proving period of at least 6 months.

I felt I answered most of the questions to the satisfaction of the interviewer (and even went above and beyond on some), as he seemed to provide positive cues and feedback. Unfortunately, no callback and today an e-mail saying I was passed on. I'm from a Java EE rather than a Spring background, so maybe that was a strike against me.

The nice thing is they tell you in an e-mail you didn't make it, which is more than most companies do today.

Overall, neutral experience. Always strange to feel you did well in an interview only to be turned down. They asked about some things that weren't on my resume to boot. If Spring knowledge is a hard and fast requirement, for instance, don't phone people who don't list it among their skills. Also, drop the 'gotcha' questions that most developers don't deal with in their day to day.

Interview Questions

• Will a Java program reach the finally block if you return from the try block?   2 Answers

Internship Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA).

Interview

Online application process was easy to use and upload resume. Very quick response time for the interview. Within a day or two I was notified of being selected for the position. I interviewed for multiple spots. Everyone I spoke with was friendly courteous and professional. The interview process was more of a conversation then a formal interview. They are interested in your personality and attitude as well as your aptitude. They want to be sure you will be a good worker as well as work well in their teams.

Interview Questions

• Was more of a conversation to see if they feel you will fit in well with their team and the teams objectives. It is advisable to learn about the company and some of the current issues they may be facing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Internship, did not want to risk it negotiating.

Seasonal Sales Representative Interview

Application

Interview

Very simple interview process, applied online, had one phone interview and one in person interview. Questions were simple what do you know about the company, history in sales, how you feel about working on phones 40 hrs/week.

Moving Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

One interview and that's it.

Interview Questions

• What have you have done in your past experience that can contribute to success at Penske?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Penske Truck Leasing (Reading, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview is normal like other company. they had phone interview followed by face to face. after the first round called for fce to face and offered a job, later came to to know they were hire me to remove a contractor