Pentagon Federal Credit Union

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Yigo, GU

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Pentagon Federal Credit Union in February 2010.

Interview Details – I learned of the job by word of mouth and just walked in to fill out an application in the morning. By the afternoon I was invited to an interview. I was asked a series of questions about my personality and howe I would deal with rude members, then asked to pretend to sell a pen. The people were very helpful and polite. The office was businesslike and the work culture was quota driven but friendly.

Interview Question – I was asked to demonstrate how I would sell a pen. As the Manager passed the pen over to me and said "Ok, sell me this pen." It was as if she were telling me to prove to her right now that I can sell any random item to a difficult and suspicious customer. It was unexpected and somewhat difficult because such an ordinary object did not seem to have any redeeming qualities. I was forced to find redeeming qualities and make the pen an interesting and valuable purchase.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. There was a set hourly wage.

Eugene, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Pentagon Federal Credit Union in November 2012.

Interview Details – main interview consists of 2 or 3 people firing pretty standard questions, with a few unusual ones closer to the end.

Interview Question – Sell us any product: aaaandddd go!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Interview

Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pentagon Federal Credit Union in January 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was simple at the time. This was prior to being bought out by the credit union.

Interview Question – There was not a difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations

Eugene, OR

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Pentagon Federal Credit Union in November 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application in late September 2011 that was provided from their website. They asked it was either faxed or emailed to them and I opted to email them the app along with my resume. I didn't hear back from them until 2 days ago (November 17, 2011) but the HR Rep who called asked me a couple standard questions like if I was still interested in the position and what I knew about the company. She then asked to schedule an interview which we set up for the following morning. For the interview there were 2 people who took turns asking me fairly standard interview questions and then showed me around the facility. I was then given the opportunity to sit in on a few calls with a current MSR and discuss those calls with them. I was offered the job that afternoon, which I gladly accepted. Everyone there was very laid back while still remaining professional. There's a great atmosphere from what I can tell so far.

Interview Questions

• Sell us a product you recently purchased for your personal use / Sell us a financial product you recently got or convinced someone else to get.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time you solved a problem by thinking outside the box.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation needed. Everything they offered was very fair.

Manager Interview

Manager
Alexandria, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pentagon Federal Credit Union in January 2008.

Interview Details – Internal recruiter found my resume on monster.com
Inquired about my experience and fit over the phone
Invited me to meet the hiring manager
Discussed my eprevious experience, interests and job description
Ascertained a fit
Invited again to meet senior executives couple of times
Extended the offer

Interview Questions

• What did you do in project 1 mentioned on my resume?   Answer Question
  • How did you go about doing something in Project 2? How many people were involved, etc.?   Answer Question

Eugene, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Pentagon Federal Credit Union in June 2007.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and was asked to come in for an interview. It was a fairly basic interview with 2 managers from the team. I also had to complete a thorough background check. They are looking for outgoing people with friendly, customer-service oriented personalitlies and I was able to figure that out from the beginning of the interview. Ask questions!

Interview Question – I have this watch. I want you to sell it to me.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pentagon Federal Credit Union in October 2008.

Interview Details – I called Pentagon Federal and spoke with an HR representative; he gave me information about the company and then proceeded to inform me what the position would require as far as skills and documentation. The second interview consisted of a one on one with the HR rep; I was also required to sign a consent form to allow a background check. I was advised I would hear from them shortly and after 4 days I received a call for the final interview which consisted of a series of questions made by the HR Rep and a Manager. Two days later I got a call offering employment which I accepted.

Interview Question – How would you effectively defuse a situation with an irate member without the need to escalate the call.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was satisfied with the pay offered, no negotiation needed.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pentagon Federal Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pentagon Federal Credit Union interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pentagon Federal Credit Union employees and interview candidates.