Pentair

35 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pentair in May 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and was asked to visit on-site for an interview with HR, hiring manager and one other manager at same level. HR was professional and sent detailed information on agenda. Spent about 45 minutes with each individual and I was not taken on a plant tour. Similar level manager asked the detailed technical questions, HR asked behavior based questions and hiring manager explained position and how it interacted with other departments and what he wanted position to focus on.

Interview Question – Quality manager asked about a series of tools (DFMEA, SPC, etc) and asked me to rate my knowledge on a scale of 1 to 10.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assembler Interview

Assembler
Hanover Park, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pentair in July 2014.

Interview Details – They'll hire anybody, just show up there and they'll beg you to work for them, seriously, but don't. You'll regret it later. You're far better off looking for a different job.

Interview Question – Nothing, they'll hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Technical Sales Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pentair.

Interview Details – Initially I was contacted directly by the hiring manager. Once we spoke I was then routed through Human Resources for coordinating the interviews. Human Resources followed with a phone screen and then one face to face with the hiring manager and another person. Culminated in a phone screen with higher up.

Interview Question – Don't really remember but it was probably something along the lines of tell me about a time when you were not successful.....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiated higher base. Stick to your guns, it is your only chance to affect this area unless you are promoted and even then it is as much of a change as you can make here.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Cleveland, OH

I interviewed at Pentair in February 2013.

Interview Details – it was good and the process was for over 2 hours, different people interviewed me and asked about issues i faced in my previous jobs, strengths. The HR round was mpre about what you expect from your new company and salary etc.

Interview Question – Will you stay for long period or is it a short period?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Stafford, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pentair in June 2012.

Interview Details – Great many questions on situations and what to do on the job. Spoke about the work environment and what is going to be expected.

Interview Question – what is the last book i read?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Manufacturing Technician
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pentair in March 2013.

Interview Details – I went for the first interview and after that there was second interview which was 4 hours long. After two weeks, I got a call saying that I will get a third call. After the third interview, I didn't hear anything and it is more than two weeks. What a waste of time.

Interview Question – The questions were based on your resume. What you write on the resume, make sure that you try to back it up.   Answer Question

Product Management Intern Interview

Product Management Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pentair.

Interview Details – Interview process took about 2 weeks. I was first contacted by H.R. and had a short 15 minute phone interview in which I was asked behavioral questions. Following the H.R. interview I once again had a phone interview, this time with the team that I would be working under. There wasn't anything too difficult, they asked me about my past experiences, why I wanted to work at Pentair, and once again general behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Why Pentair?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Pentair

Interview Details – Phone interview first with recruiter then face to face with 3 reps

Interview Question – What is the biggest challenge you've faced?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pentair in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was a with multiple individuals. Most were one on one; however, one interview was with two people at the same time. They use a set behavior interview style system. Each interviewer is given a list of questions to ask and are then asked to rate each answer separately. The planning of the interview from the interviewee side was poor. There was no prior interview agenda or knowledge of who I was to meet with going in. What I was handed at the start of the interview was a very basic list of names, title and times. It wasn't on company letterhead and looked as if it was done quickly just prior to my arrival.

Interview Question – None really, standard questions about time when you did this or had to deal with a certain situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate additional salary and vacation. However, I did have another offer on the table at the time.

Plant Controller Interview

Plant Controller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pentair in February 2014.

Interview Details – The contact was made via job ad on Linkedin.

Interview Question – There we no tough questions The interview process was four seperate phone calls. Unfortunately, it did not lead anywhere.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pentair

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!