Pentair

Updated Jan 3, 2015
Updated Jan 3, 2015

2.9

Sourcing Manager/Mechanical Engineer Interview

Typical behavioral types questions, tour of the plant, panel style, expect multiple trips. Can be kind of grueling and repetitive. Decisions are made as a group with the hiring manager taking the lead.

Temporary Buyer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pentair.

Coordinated interview date after employee referral. Interview format is pattern - 5 cross functional representatives ask a series of predetermined questions. Each question is covered at least twice to obtain qualifications and ensure consistency of answers. Some questions are relevant; some are not. Lengthy process.

Interview Questions
    • What was the largest challenge you faced in a previous position that was not part of your defined role? How did you facilitate/assist in determining a resolution?   Answer Question
    No negotiations were necessary.

Compliance Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pentair in November 2014.

It's very easy to get hired here. You just need to know someone - you don't even have to interview as long as you have the right connections. I knew someone, there was a vacancy, I sent in my resume, had literally a five minute conversation with the VP and I got an offer. That was it.

Better offer elsewhere.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover Park, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pentair in July 2014.

They'll hire anybody, just show up there and they'll beg you to work for them, seriously, but don't. You'll regret it later. You're far better off looking for a different job.

Simple

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pentair.

Initially I was contacted directly by the hiring manager. Once we spoke I was then routed through Human Resources for coordinating the interviews. Human Resources followed with a phone screen and then one face to face with the hiring manager and another person. Culminated in a phone screen with higher up.

Interview Questions
    • Don't really remember but it was probably something along the lines of tell me about a time when you were not successful.....   View Answer
    Yes, negotiated higher base. Stick to your guns, it is your only chance to affect this area unless you are promoted and even then it is as much of a change as you can make here.

Engineering Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pentair in May 2014.

Submitted resume and was asked to visit on-site for an interview with HR, hiring manager and one other manager at same level. HR was professional and sent detailed information on agenda. Spent about 45 minutes with each individual and I was not taken on a plant tour. Similar level manager asked the detailed technical questions, HR asked behavior based questions and hiring manager explained position and how it interacted with other departments and what he wanted position to focus on.

Interview Questions
    • Quality manager asked about a series of tools (DFMEA, SPC, etc) and asked me to rate my knowledge on a scale of 1 to 10.   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pentair in May 2014.

1 interview, for intern position, based on previous experience, academic details and current work.
    it was a great experience. I was not tensed while delivering the answers.
    it went smooth, quite well.

intern. so no negotiation.

Product Management Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pentair.

Interview process took about 2 weeks. I was first contacted by H.R. and had a short 15 minute phone interview in which I was asked behavioral questions. Following the H.R. interview I once again had a phone interview, this time with the team that I would be working under. There wasn't anything too difficult, they asked me about my past experiences, why I wanted to work at Pentair, and once again general behavioral questions.

Marketing Manager Interview

Phone interview first with recruiter then face to face with 3 reps

Plant Controller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pentair in February 2014.

The contact was made via job ad on Linkedin.

Interview Questions
    • There we no tough questions The interview process was four seperate phone calls. Unfortunately, it did not lead anywhere.   Answer Question