Penton Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Penton

Data Modeler Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Penton in August 2014.

I was brought in for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager after a 30 min call with him. He was a very smart and thorough manager and I would have enjoyed working for him. Unfortunately, the Chief Data Officer wanted to Skype with me and I was tortured for 30 mins having to answer ridiculous questions that had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the position or with my core competencies. I pity the fool who has to interview with the CDO. Avoid this whole company, just look at how bad their Glassdoor reviews are.

Interview Questions
    • There is no way on earth that you can really quantify the intelligence of the candidate by asking them ridiculous questions such as "describe your favorite scent from childhood."   View Answers (2)

Enterprise Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penton in February 2012.

Found out about the position via networking. Interview set up within 1 week, hired within 2 weeks of first interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was straightforward, focusing on experience and skill set.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were straightforward. Management made it clear that they are willing to pay for performance. Overall negotiations were fair and equitable.... was able to arrange for start date to accommodate previously planned personal leave time.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Penton in March 2008.

Phone interview was conducted then I was brought in for in person interview with HR manager.