People's Revolution

Candidate Interview Review

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at People's Revolution in January 2013.

Was suppose to do a Skype interview with one of the top executives of the company. Due to the hectic schedule in the office I am sure, the executive had her assistant take over the process instead.

The assistant was not only late for the phone interview but very un-enthusiastic, didn't sound like she wanted to interview me and her questions were very generic. You can tell she was a new assistant who probably has very little experience based on the quality of the interview she gave me. I accidentally called her the wrong employee name, so the interview went down hill from there. She sounded very unprofessional and sort of standoffish and uncomfortable throughout the interview. It was very awkward after that. The call even dropped at one point. I have sprint and of course...An IPhone.

Overall, the phone interview was semi-okay. Being the professional that I am and having experiences in many different companies, I suggested a face-to-face interview since I was going to be NYC. Another reason is, figured out by the end that the ball was in the assistants court and not one of the top executives.

The assistant agreed with the face-to-face. However, I sent her one email after the interview and a second two weeks before leaving NYC requesting a date. The assistant never got back to me. I am not sure if it was a jealousy thing or she just didn't like me. Either or, both should be irrelevant because I am applying for a position to learn and incorporate the skills I have inhabited at some of the largest companies in the world. Its a three month summer internship, not a permanent position.

Now I have an interview with one of the largest fashion agency's in the world and four other major fashion companies in NYC as well. I am also a candidate to be an assistant for a VP of a major brand when I graduate!

Nevertheless, I would still love to work for People's Revolution but as an employee and not intern. I think the assistant interviewing me blew it for the company. I support the company and the owner's way of doing business as well as her senior staff. Their all fantastic and I am also a fan of their clients as well!

Its unfortunate because I think the company as a whole could have learned a lot from me and I definitely could have learned a tremendous amount from them! :)

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. I did most of the talking.

She asked if I have ever been to NYC, why I wanted to work for People's Revolution and what I knew about the company. Not one question was asked about my resume. Mind you, I have worked for some of the largest companies in the world; recently Edelman Public Relations.

View Answer