People's United Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.5

Call Center Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at People's United Bank.

Interview

I submitted an online application. Then a supervisor of the call center called me for a quick phone interview. After a couple days, I was invited in for one an in person interview with two supervisors and the department manager. After another few days, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• They were the usual strengths, weaknesses, tell me about yourself, describe a situation where..., etc   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at People's United Bank (Bridgeport, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online through Company Website, received an email 2 days later to set up Interview. Interview went great, Background Check passed. Credit Check came back with an item that is a result of identity theft, which is currently being disputed (for less than $700.00) Basically, the HR department said I needed to "Clear this up" i.e. pay it off... before they could move forward with the hiring process. This back and forth took 2 weeks. I informed them that I am not paying a charge I am not responsible for, especially when it is in the process of dispute. I decided against joining this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your Sales Experience, ability to reach and exceed sales goals.   Answer Question

I declined this position because I had an item on my credit report from identity theft that the HR department wanted me to pay before I could be hired. You apparently need perfect Credit to be a Call Agent.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at People's United Bank.

Interview

EASY, applied online, got a call to come for an interview couple days later. Back then there were no recruiters, branch called me directly.

Interview Questions

• it's standard questions. why am i looking in banking industry, the key was cash handling experience. all questions were pretty easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. i accepted it right away, which i regretted. Later I found out they paid way more other starting CSA's then me.

Financial Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at People's United Bank (Hauppauge, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a great experience as the interview was very much related and went through questions after questions and which uncover my skills and qualifications as after the interview, I felt I have said all what I wanted to tell my story.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at People's United Bank.

Interview

To start at the bank you go through two interviews; one at the main office, then one at the branch you will work in. The first interview is filled with main interview questions: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about a time when you went out of your way for a customer? Tell me when you WOWed a customer. What is the difference between "Customer Service" and "Customer Experience"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at People's United Bank (Bridgeport, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contected by HR. Had an interview in the PUB headquarters in Bridgeport. Then contacted by a amnager for an interview & hired.

Interview Questions

• What are three of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is not negotation phase. They will not negotiate regardless of experience or background knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at People's United Bank (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I got an interview with the Branch Manager that I am currently working for. She asked the usual questions of "what are you currently doing" "why do you want to leave it." Then asked Why you want to work for them.

Financial Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at People's United Bank (Hauppauge, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Standard banking interview, nothing unique; Basically inquiries of your sales experience and what talents you bring to the table. Candidate should be familiar with cross-selling and owning their accounts. Experience in not banking is not imperative.

Interview Questions

• How would you engage a customer of the bank to effectively make them feel comfortable and at the same time sell them deepens the relationship (deepen in banking means lock them into more products or services so the customer is reluctant to close their account due to the daunting amount of data which would need to be transferred to the next bank).   1 Answer

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at People's United Bank (Stamford, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

I had 2 rounds of interviews. The first round was with the Regional Manager and two Relationship Managers/RMs. The second round was with another Regional Manager. Everyone was friendly, engaging, shared information about the company, and asked basic questions to gauge experience and skills. Overall, it was a friendly and low pressure interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was informed through a recruiter, that salary cold not be negotiated. I did not try.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at People's United Bank (Bridgeport, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

Peoples's United Bank internal recruiter contacted me. We had a phone interview and they offered me the position pending a background check. After the background check, they made a formal written offer. We discussed a start date and that was it.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. It was an easy interview. The questions were job related and reasons for leaving previous employers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted their offer without negotiating. It was in the range that I was expecting.