People's United Bank

Updated Aug 19, 2014
Updated Aug 19, 2014

2.5

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at People's United Bank.

EASY, applied online, got a call to come for an interview couple days later. Back then there were no recruiters, branch called me directly.

Interview Questions
    • it's standard questions. why am i looking in banking industry, the key was cash handling experience. all questions were pretty easy.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. i accepted it right away, which i regretted. Later I found out they paid way more other starting CSA's then me.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at People's United Bank.

To start at the bank you go through two interviews; one at the main office, then one at the branch you will work in. The first interview is filled with main interview questions: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about a time when you went out of your way for a customer? Tell me when you WOWed a customer. What is the difference between "Customer Service" and "Customer Experience"

There was none.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at People's United Bank in March 2013.

I was contected by HR. Had an interview in the PUB headquarters in Bridgeport. Then contacted by a amnager for an interview & hired.

Interview Questions
    There is not negotation phase. They will not negotiate regardless of experience or background knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at People's United Bank in November 2012.

I got an interview with the Branch Manager that I am currently working for. She asked the usual questions of "what are you currently doing" "why do you want to leave it." Then asked Why you want to work for them.

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at People's United Bank in November 2011.

I had 2 rounds of interviews. The first round was with the Regional Manager and two Relationship Managers/RMs. The second round was with another Regional Manager. Everyone was friendly, engaging, shared information about the company, and asked basic questions to gauge experience and skills. Overall, it was a friendly and low pressure interview.

Interview Questions
    I was informed through a recruiter, that salary cold not be negotiated. I did not try.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at People's United Bank in June 2011.

Peoples's United Bank internal recruiter contacted me. We had a phone interview and they offered me the position pending a background check. After the background check, they made a formal written offer. We discussed a start date and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. It was an easy interview. The questions were job related and reasons for leaving previous employers.   Answer Question
    I accepted their offer without negotiating. It was in the range that I was expecting.

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at People's United Bank in October 2010.

I applied on-line and had a face to face interview. The interview discussed the job description and then about the dynamics of the current staff at the branch. What the hurdles might be. I was asked questions in regards to all my past work experiences and had to relate them to my future roll.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions revolving around customer inquiries and staffing challenges.   View Answer
    I was satisfied with offer.

Senior Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at People's United Bank in October 2010.

Applied online, got a call within a week. First interview was with Customer Service Manager and Senior CSA and second interview with Financial Service Manager and CSM. Got a call that same afternoon from HR person.

Interview Questions
    • questions are based on your experience with previous job or college, lot of behavioral questions. To talk about experience how I handle a mad customer, do i often get recognition for something I do, do I follow policy, if i had cash handling experience; the best practices to resolve customer problem! They also love to be asked questions about the position.   Answer Question
    I accepted what they offered me, not knowing what money range were, if I knew I would deff ask for more for the amount of work and responsibility you actually have once you start.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at People's United Bank in August 2010.

Recruiter referred candidate to sales manager. Scheduled interview. Interview reviewed business goals, current production, and prospects. Phone interview with program manager discussing aggressive goals. Offer letter. Training. Production

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle challenging cases in general? What is your process and how do you manage your book of business?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

interviewed at People's United Bank in April 2010.

For this position you have to be part of a training. After the completion of the training you take a test that you must pass in order to be given the job. The test measures how much you learned and retained from the training. Nothing too difficult. Just study and go over the notes you took during the training and you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • There was not any just study and go over the information provided during the training and you will be fine.   Answer Question