PeopleScout Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PeopleScout (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very friendly interviewer. Asked basic questions about why you would be a good fit, your experience, and talks about the job requirement. You are drug tested on the spot and you have to complete a background check.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to explain why your a good fit. If you can not explain you do not need to apply. They train so if you have any questions please ask. Simple.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PeopleScout

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PeopleScout (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I didn't have any interviews since I had worked with the person in the past.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate on compensation and time off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PeopleScout (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Very brief and it felt like it was not a real interview because the interviewer was confused with the work I would do. He talked about discrimination and how the company would not mess with him because he knew his rights. I informed him of the pay I wanted and he said okay although he did not explain what the actual job entailed.

Interview Questions

• would you be interested in working with a team or on your own   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PeopleScout.

Interview

You answer an ad, come in for a cattle call. You are asked to read aloud from a script. Those who read and speak well are asked to stay and invited to a on on one interview with the normal questions.

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PeopleScout (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a phone screen interview. They did not ask about my degree, he only asked if I knew what an RPO was. Was not worried about my skills necessarily. Told me he would call back if he had any further inquiries?

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PeopleScout.

Interview

Was not an interview process. I spoke with the Director for about 5 minutes. He told me about the position and said he would follow up soon. There were no questions regarding my background or experience.

Interview Questions

• The strangest part of the discussion was that there were no questions. Just a breif descritption of the role that I was being considered for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

quick

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PeopleScout (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

The thing is this. I had passed all of the interview process. Did very will. Then they hit you with the "training class" All of it was packed into 4 days. They expect you to know everything. They REQUIRE you to pass the test with an 80 %. If you don't pass the test you have wasted your time. You are not eligible to apply for six months. Please don't get me all excited to have a position and make me go through everything. I studied for that test very hard. When I got to the test I froze and It was like I lost everything. They truly don't care if you get the position. I felt like a number. The instructors were nice. But in reality you are just another number and they are filling these positions with the numbers needed. I have honestly never felt more unintelligent in my life. The cherry on the cake is when they tell you "See You Tomarrow" after you finish the test. Really just means, we may or may not have a position for you. Again if you want this job. You can study all you want. But there are so many curveballs to this job. I really did study hard and I am generally good at these things. I failed because I'm not as smart as I thought. But yet I could handle all of the phone practice with ease. I once again am back at square one. Please just try your best. You have to have an 80 percent to pass.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PeopleScout (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screening and face to face interview. Was very easy to complete, directions offered to the office. Hiring managers were prompt, courteous and professional. All and all a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard interviewing process. No curveballs   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PeopleScout (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call the day after I applied and did a short phone screen. I was then invited for a group interview. In the group interview, you're given an overview of the position and then asked to read a paragraph for everyone. You are told at the end of the group session whether you will go ahead for a 1:1 interview. I then interviewed one on one with a hiring manager and was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They ask you what you think you should be paid, the range is between $10-$12 DOE.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PeopleScout (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied for the recruiter position thinking online. About 2 weeks later I had a follow up phone interview followed by an in person interview. Parking was HORRIBLE when I arrived for my interview, there were over 35 ppl in this interview (very little room). The interview consisted of us reading scripts in front of everyone as well as us telling everyone about ourselves (education, past work experience). It was a complete waste of time!!! The position is NOT a recruiter position, it is a telemarketing position pretty much. You are on the phone the entire time screening people like yourself on the phone by reading a script. They don't tell you that they only start you off at $8.75 per hour for the first 90 days which is unacceptable especially if you have a B.A or even a Masters which a lot of people had. You're treated more like a number than an individual. Though this job offers great flexibility, $8.75 is a low blow for those who have years of work experience and the education to back it. They really stress call center experience and if you do not have it, more than likely you won't get asked back like myself. Misleading Good Luck

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you experienced excellent customer service?   Answer Question