PeopleScout

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PeopleScout.

Interview Details – You answer an ad, come in for a cattle call. You are asked to read aloud from a script. Those who read and speak well are asked to stay and invited to a on on one interview with the normal questions.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave it

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PeopleScout.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen interview. They did not ask about my degree, he only asked if I knew what an RPO was. Was not worried about my skills necessarily. Told me he would call back if he had any further inquiries?

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PeopleScout.

Interview Details – Was not an interview process. I spoke with the Director for about 5 minutes. He told me about the position and said he would follow up soon. There were no questions regarding my background or experience.

Interview Question – The strangest part of the discussion was that there were no questions. Just a breif descritption of the role that I was being considered for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – quick

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at PeopleScout in August 2013.

Interview Details – The thing is this. I had passed all of the interview process. Did very will. Then they hit you with the "training class" All of it was packed into 4 days. They expect you to know everything. They REQUIRE you to pass the test with an 80 %. If you don't pass the test you have wasted your time. You are not eligible to apply for six months. Please don't get me all excited to have a position and make me go through everything. I studied for that test very hard. When I got to the test I froze and It was like I lost everything. They truly don't care if you get the position. I felt like a number. The instructors were nice. But in reality you are just another number and they are filling these positions with the numbers needed. I have honestly never felt more unintelligent in my life. The cherry on the cake is when they tell you "See You Tomarrow" after you finish the test. Really just means, we may or may not have a position for you. Again if you want this job. You can study all you want. But there are so many curveballs to this job. I really did study hard and I am generally good at these things. I failed because I'm not as smart as I thought. But yet I could handle all of the phone practice with ease. I once again am back at square one. Please just try your best. You have to have an 80 percent to pass.

Interview Question – the test is difficult.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PeopleScout.

Interview Details – Phone screening and face to face interview. Was very easy to complete, directions offered to the office. Hiring managers were prompt, courteous and professional. All and all a positive experience.

Interview Question – Standard interviewing process. No curveballs   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PeopleScout in April 2008.

Interview Details – It was an Open House where eight people were competing for the same opening. They handed out scripts to everyone in the room and expected us to read out loud. After that, we were taken into the call center to have interviews. People that could not read the script were sent home at that point.

Interview Question – At one point; they expected you to read a paragraph form a random source, verbatim.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at PeopleScout in April 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone call the day after I applied and did a short phone screen. I was then invited for a group interview. In the group interview, you're given an overview of the position and then asked to read a paragraph for everyone. You are told at the end of the group session whether you will go ahead for a 1:1 interview. I then interviewed one on one with a hiring manager and was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would succeed in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They ask you what you think you should be paid, the range is between $10-$12 DOE.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PeopleScout in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the recruiter position thinking online. About 2 weeks later I had a follow up phone interview followed by an in person interview. Parking was HORRIBLE when I arrived for my interview, there were over 35 ppl in this interview (very little room). The interview consisted of us reading scripts in front of everyone as well as us telling everyone about ourselves (education, past work experience).

It was a complete waste of time!!! The position is NOT a recruiter position, it is a telemarketing position pretty much. You are on the phone the entire time screening people like yourself on the phone by reading a script. They don't tell you that they only start you off at $8.75 per hour for the first 90 days which is unacceptable especially if you have a B.A or even a Masters which a lot of people had.

You're treated more like a number than an individual. Though this job offers great flexibility, $8.75 is a low blow for those who have years of work experience and the education to back it.

They really stress call center experience and if you do not have it, more than likely you won't get asked back like myself. Misleading

Good Luck

Interview Question – When was a time that you experienced excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at PeopleScout in April 2010.

Interview Details – First things first, the first contact will be made online ( filing out the application) then you receive a "job" number with instructions to call the 800 number within the predetermined tine frame ( within 24-48 hours) the first phone interview you will be asked general question but be prepared to read something for the "recruiter". The next step will be another phone interview to ask about your experiences and how you handle irate clients. The next step is the "open house" a group invitation where you fill out an pplication and read various scripts enthusiatcally. Next step is inerviewing with the manger.... Be prepared to bring your negoation skills ( this will be your salary after all) Know your skills weakness and strengths) Good Luck to you all

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for PeopleScout? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PeopleScout Recruiter interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by PeopleScout employees and interview candidates.