Peoples United Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Bridgeport, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Peoples United Bank in August 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter referred candidate to sales manager. Scheduled interview. Interview reviewed business goals, current production, and prospects. Phone interview with program manager discussing aggressive goals. Offer letter. Training. Production

Interview Question – How do you handle challenging cases in general? What is your process and how do you manage your book of business?   Answer Question

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Senior Credit Analyst
Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Peoples United Bank in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 rounds of interviews. The first round was with the Regional Manager and two Relationship Managers/RMs. The second round was with another Regional Manager. Everyone was friendly, engaging, shared information about the company, and asked basic questions to gauge experience and skills. Overall, it was a friendly and low pressure interview.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was informed through a recruiter, that salary cold not be negotiated. I did not try.

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Peoples United Bank.

Interview Details – To start at the bank you go through two interviews; one at the main office, then one at the branch you will work in. The first interview is filled with main interview questions: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about a time when you went out of your way for a customer? Tell me when you WOWed a customer. What is the difference between "Customer Service" and "Customer Experience"

Interview Question – Name three facts about People's United Bank.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

CSA Interview

Bridgeport, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Peoples United Bank in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contected by HR. Had an interview in the PUB headquarters in Bridgeport. Then contacted by a amnager for an interview & hired.

Interview Question – What are three of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not negotation phase. They will not negotiate regardless of experience or background knowledge.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Customer Service Associate Interview

Senior Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Peoples United Bank in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call within a week. First interview was with Customer Service Manager and Senior CSA and second interview with Financial Service Manager and CSM. Got a call that same afternoon from HR person.

Interview Question – questions are based on your experience with previous job or college, lot of behavioral questions. To talk about experience how I handle a mad customer, do i often get recognition for something I do, do I follow policy, if i had cash handling experience; the best practices to resolve customer problem! They also love to be asked questions about the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted what they offered me, not knowing what money range were, if I knew I would deff ask for more for the amount of work and responsibility you actually have once you start.

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Peoples United Bank in November 2012.

Interview Details – I got an interview with the Branch Manager that I am currently working for. She asked the usual questions of "what are you currently doing" "why do you want to leave it." Then asked Why you want to work for them.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Peoples United Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. Arranged a F2F interview with Hiring Specialist, then moved on to schedule an interview with Market Manager and finally the VP. Background check. Very low salary- 40-45k. 8 month training process in CT. at end of training will be Customer Service Manager or Financial Service Manager. Must acquire licenses

Interview Questions

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Peoples United Bank in December 2012.

Interview Details – very Easy hiring process. They want to know how well you do with people. Make sure Its all about customer service. They use a skill test handbook during the interview, so be prepared to use your experience and examples from your last job. Make them laugh as well! be your friendly self but professionally.

Interview Question – Questions like how well do you handle a angry customer?An example of a task you had to complete and how difficult? Do you work better in a team or independent?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Customer Service Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Peoples United Bank in January 2008.

Interview Details – Asked questions about customer service, how did you help a customer in a bad situation. All about customer service. Why do you want to go into banking. Sales....

Interview Question – Tell me some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Peoples United Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Peoples United Bank interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Peoples United Bank employees and interview candidates.