Pep Boys Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

1.7

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Pep Boys.

The interview was short and informal. They asked typical questions such as reliable transportation, education, employment history. It was fairly easy since the managers giving me he interview were new to it.

The pay could be negotiated. I was able to get more than minimum wage which at the time was $8

Other Interview Reviews for Pep Boys

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turnersville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turnersville, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pep Boys in September 2012.

Rather simple application process. Just answer a few questions truthfully, and you'll get an interview. I was called within a few days and asked to come in for an interview as soon as I could. I talked to the manager, who seemed pretty laid back, he asked me a few questions, like my past retail experience, then compared it to what it would be like if I did accept the job. There wasn't even a bit of hesitation in the fact that they were going to hire me. He even went as far as to ask his boss about getting me a slightly higher pay than what I was being offered from other competing interviewers. All in all, I accepted the job and have been pretty happy.

Interview Questions

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pep Boys in April 2008.

Had a 1:1 with the manager. Asked me about car knowledge and experience.

Interview Questions
    It was a pretty set pay. Not much room to negotiate.