Pep Boys Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.2

Parts Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pep Boys.

Interview

Interview was fine. No issues with local management. The team was trustworthy and kind. I'm not sure why I need to add more than this. As I said, interview process was fine. But I will continue adding words until i hit the minimum. Hope

Parts Specialist Interview

Interview

Typical entry-level high school job interview. Asked about why I wanted to work there; how many hours I could give per week; what I knew about cars, etc. Overall an easy experience. Drug test was required.

Assistant Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Tyler, TX).

Interview

The service manager had me complete an online quiz over simple customer service and math. After the quiz results were looked over by the manager, I was called back in to do a one on one interview. Times available to work, experience with automobiles and what I wanted to get/learn from the company was talked about. I really thought that the interview was more about my personality and how I might interact with other associates if hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to fix cars/ Can you work well on a computer? Describe your abilities in scheduling other associates. What are your abilities in selling products to customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They'll start with a lower pay offer. Go up a little so that when you compromise on the rate of pay, you'll be happy.

General Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Queens Village, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was quick, manager asked what I knew how to do then told me how much I was getting paid and then I made the decision if I wanted to work there or not it. Afterwards the manager checked my criminal background and I took a drug screen.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview was pretty breezy. I went in and the manager was very nice, and after about 20 minutes of chatting he asked me if I could work once the paperwork was through. I don't think he interviewed anyone else after me. The only aspect that bothered me was the fact that we stood through the whole thing because the manager didn't have an office.

Interview Questions

• What kind of future do you see in Pep Boys?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Three interviews with area manager, hr manager and loss prevention manager then speak with regional Vice President very good........... ........ ........ ...... !!!!!!!! !!!!!! ....... A new phone case

Interview Questions

• Back ground what you can offer ect   1 Answer

Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Worth, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Lake Worth, FL).

Interview

First interview was 30 minutes of paper work, then explanation of criminal back round and driving back round, then provided detailed answers for experience of each past job, then was asked if I had any questions and I had a few, then took a drug test. I was called back for second interview based on the results of my drug test and back round check. During second interview we went over days and hours of my availability, talked about rules and consequences of safety, then I took a short survey, then i waited for them to contact me to let me know if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Were do I see myself in 5 years   2 Answers

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Charleston, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

I walked in he asked about my experience and if I had tools and told me I would need to do another interview with someone higher up and their master tech. I was in there for a total of 5 mins.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pep Boys.

Interview

The interview was short and informal. They asked typical questions such as reliable transportation, education, employment history. It was fairly easy since the managers giving me he interview were new to it.

Negotiation

The pay could be negotiated. I was able to get more than minimum wage which at the time was $8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Salem, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Professional and manager was easy to speak with without intimidation. Manager was flexible with the hours in which I applied for and has kept to his word. I felt comfortable with the interview. The manager explained what was available and discussed how with hard work and dedication the chance of advancement would be great. He explained the benefit package, PT and uniform requirements clearly and efficiently. I would recommend this place of business for anyone interested in the automotive industry.

Interview Questions

• How can you benefit pep boys?   1 Answer