Pep Boys Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pottstown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottstown, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pep Boys in March 2014.

It was an unclear process I had to explain to the manager laws about minor labor laws (she did not know them) then the interview was quite easy but I did not know I got hired until I stopped in to buy something then she said I was hired.

A/P Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phila, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pep Boys in February 2012.

Company was huge. First interview went well. Second interview met with 3 people vary intense. Parking at location. Discounts on car servicing. Fixed while at work. Nice people. Lobby extremely secure. Need badge to go to anywhere in the building. Gym within office. Very neat. Must don't have that. Overall good place to work.

Interview Questions

A tad bit far for me to travel with salary offered.

PepExpress Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Pep Boys in June 2013.

the driver process is short for drivers they ask a couple questions and as long as your not gay you will be ok and its even better if you are black at the bullard and caroltion location .

Interview Questions
    • what do u do if u bring the wrong part and the costumer is irate   Answer Question

Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ventura, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Pep Boys in June 2014.

He asked me basic questions about why I wanted to be hired, why I was looking for a job, and why I chose Pepboys. Very relaxed and casual interview. If you're confident you'll get the job

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, offered job instantly with promise of promotion in near future

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pep Boys in June 2011.

Went through a barriage of people in the interview process. It was conducted by phone. never had a face to face. Got a call to report to the nearest pepboys to get drug test papers. Signed so many documents, they would not let me read them all the way through and said it was being sent to my email address

Customer Service Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pep Boys.

Recruited off existing job site and requested to apply online. Followed up with email and phone call to Area director. Interviewed by out of state manager then secondary interview with Area Director to discuss pay and benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Walked through retail side of store with interviewer while being asked questions about product knowledge.   Answer Question
    Offered a dollar less than I took. Negotiated experience and degrees for pay. Training pay dropped from $12/hour to $11.50/hour to compensate for commission not paid during training

Area Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Pep Boys in March 2013.

Long and time consuming

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pep Boys in April 2014.

Great people didn't realize the job I was applying for wasn't what I thought it was.

Interview Questions

Was not what I wanted but had a 2nd interview for the position I was looking for still waiting to hear back from them. They said I would hear back but nothing yet.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Pep Boys in March 2010.

Interview process was completely fair. Everyone appeared to want to support you. They change directions so much it's hard to get anything accomplished. Really. Upper management need to consider this when setting goals for you to attain

Interview Questions
    • How many people do you plan to get rid of   View Answer
    Very simple. Offered and I

Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pep Boys.

Hiring and Interview process went better than expected. Be prepared to give some examples of customer service. Have the answers that you feel comfortable with.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected was the personality test that was given soon after the interview online.   Answer Question
    I am currently waiting on an offer although I will be hired.

Worked for Pep Boys? Contribute to the Community!