Pep Boys

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.3

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pep Boys.

One face to face interview and four telephone interviews. Good questions related to business experience and team building. Good variety of people conducting the interviews, but all seemed aligned to the company values and mission.

Interview Questions
    • What one thing gets under your skin or infuriates you the most?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pep Boys.

Interview is formal. Mostly asked if you have any experience with retail side. Common question would how much do you know about cars and how much are you interested in automotive.

Interview Questions
    • About the trust: how likely would you benefit the company?   Answer Question

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pep Boys.

There is an extensive online application that first must be filled out. Then they scheduled an interview. Its a standard basic interview and a facilities walk thru. They seem to have low hiring requirements as the position is entry level and not too difficult mentally but very physically demanding. They use an automated picking system so english is required. There is a drug test immediately following the interview and acceptance of the position. They give you a basic math test as well.

No Negotiation. The job is an entry level hourly wage position.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pep Boys.

Got a call from a recruiter from their corporate office, she asked me some simple opening questions about my experience and told me to complete the applications and PI assessment, then someone would contact me in a couple of days. Later that week, got a call from an area manager (district manager) wanting me to come in for an interview. Standard interview process, asked questions about experience in customer service, how I went over an beyond for a customer, how would you coach someone that has been struggling with performance, questions about my past jobs, and why I want to be apart of the team. This interview only took 25 30 mins, after a couple days past that interview I got a call from a GM from a store that wanted me and basically wanted me to come in an chat with him and his Service Manager. This was chat was very open and relaxed, I was very comfortable and made me feel at home. He offered me the job there and started getting the hiring, background check and drug test papers together.

Interview Questions
    • Do your research on the company and have some plan for the future.   Answer Question

Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Pep Boys in June 2014.

He asked me basic questions about why I wanted to be hired, why I was looking for a job, and why I chose Pepboys. Very relaxed and casual interview. If you're confident you'll get the job

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, offered job instantly with promise of promotion in near future

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pep Boys.

Recruited off existing job site and requested to apply online. Followed up with email and phone call to Area director. Interviewed by out of state manager then secondary interview with Area Director to discuss pay and benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Walked through retail side of store with interviewer while being asked questions about product knowledge.   Answer Question
    Offered a dollar less than I took. Negotiated experience and degrees for pay. Training pay dropped from $12/hour to $11.50/hour to compensate for commission not paid during training

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pep Boys in April 2014.

Great people didn't realize the job I was applying for wasn't what I thought it was.

Interview Questions

Was not what I wanted but had a 2nd interview for the position I was looking for still waiting to hear back from them. They said I would hear back but nothing yet.

Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pep Boys.

Hiring and Interview process went better than expected. Be prepared to give some examples of customer service. Have the answers that you feel comfortable with.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected was the personality test that was given soon after the interview online.   Answer Question
    I am currently waiting on an offer although I will be hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottstown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottstown, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pep Boys in March 2014.

It was an unclear process I had to explain to the manager laws about minor labor laws (she did not know them) then the interview was quite easy but I did not know I got hired until I stopped in to buy something then she said I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of costumer service   View Answer

Security Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pep Boys in February 2014.

After I submitted my resume online, I was contacted by an HR representative who requested that I complete an online assessment which determined if my personality fit the organization. Once I completed the personality test, it informed me immediately that I was a good fit to work at pep boys. Then a skype interview was set up with three individuals. The interview was in 30 minute blocks so it lasted for an hour and a half. The connect was terrible so I had issues communicating with each one of them, and I didn't get to finish the interview process with the last individual but since I don't think he wanted to bring me on board anyway, it didn't matter.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask any difficult questions. They just inquired about my background as it related to the position. They asked about specific technologies and how I applied it and they asked the standard what is your greatest weakness and your strengths.   Answer Question