Pep Boys Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Salem, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Professional and manager was easy to speak with without intimidation. Manager was flexible with the hours in which I applied for and has kept to his word. I felt comfortable with the interview. The manager explained what was available and discussed how with hard work and dedication the chance of advancement would be great. He explained the benefit package, PT and uniform requirements clearly and efficiently. I would recommend this place of business for anyone interested in the automotive industry.

Interview Questions

• How can you benefit pep boys?   1 Answer

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pep Boys.

Interview

thought I was interviewing for the CEO's postition the way they went about it. I thought the training part needs improvement. There is one way, the pep boys way.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none....

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pep Boys.

Interview

One face to face interview and four telephone interviews. Good questions related to business experience and team building. Good variety of people conducting the interviews, but all seemed aligned to the company values and mission.

Interview Questions

• What one thing gets under your skin or infuriates you the most?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pep Boys.

Interview

Interview is formal. Mostly asked if you have any experience with retail side. Common question would how much do you know about cars and how much are you interested in automotive.

Interview Questions

• About the trust: how likely would you benefit the company?   Answer Question

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Chester, NY).

Interview

There is an extensive online application that first must be filled out. Then they scheduled an interview. Its a standard basic interview and a facilities walk thru. They seem to have low hiring requirements as the position is entry level and not too difficult mentally but very physically demanding. They use an automated picking system so english is required. There is a drug test immediately following the interview and acceptance of the position. They give you a basic math test as well.

Negotiation

No Negotiation. The job is an entry level hourly wage position.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pep Boys in October 2014.

Interview

Good questions centered around customer relations and team building experiences. Process included one face to face interview and four telephone interviews. It was drawn out, but was needed to be sure of the selection, both by the company and the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• What one thing really gets under your skin.   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter from their corporate office, she asked me some simple opening questions about my experience and told me to complete the applications and PI assessment, then someone would contact me in a couple of days. Later that week, got a call from an area manager (district manager) wanting me to come in for an interview. Standard interview process, asked questions about experience in customer service, how I went over an beyond for a customer, how would you coach someone that has been struggling with performance, questions about my past jobs, and why I want to be apart of the team. This interview only took 25 30 mins, after a couple days past that interview I got a call from a GM from a store that wanted me and basically wanted me to come in an chat with him and his Service Manager. This was chat was very open and relaxed, I was very comfortable and made me feel at home. He offered me the job there and started getting the hiring, background check and drug test papers together.

Interview Questions

• Do your research on the company and have some plan for the future.   Answer Question

ASE Certified Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Tampa, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was straight forward, the store manager and shop manager asked me a few questions about my experience on cars specially about auto diagnosis and I always told them what I knew.

Interview Questions

• Do you really know how to diagnose a car problem?   1 Answer

Tech A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pep Boys.

Interview

applied online had several stores call me for an interview had to do a drug screen and background check was asked about my experiences and car questions. not much else tonsay was an easy interview

Negotiation

they told you what they pay

GST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

They lied about wages overall work its a bunch of crap you do half retails job and are a glorified toliet cleaner and floor sweeper every bit of what I thought I would be doing as a job was not at all what I do I should have declined and saved myself for something worthy of my time the management is very lacking and taught to lie so they can get you in the door mm

Interview Questions

• Asked about this guy says this but sop says this what do you do even tho sop changes daily it seems   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just accept in email then sign papers in the store followed by urine test