Pepco Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.2

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pepco Holdings.

Interview

The interview is highly structured. There is a youtube video and paperwork they want you to go over first. All interviews seem to go over the same paperwork and they ask that you don't share questions outside the interview. They I can tell you is that it seems they are looking for you to say key words and phrases in your responses and they seem to jot down notes when you say these key phrases. Talking more and better than talking less. They are OK with you repeating stories if you add details and change the emphasis to match their questions. Interviews are at least two hours and very difficult.

Interview Questions

• They asked me not to share questions outside of the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was successful although I did have to beat around the bush a little bit to gain ground.

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pepco Holdings.

Interview

Initial Screening interview over the phone, in person interview at Pepco HQ. It lasted about 40 minutes, and standard questions were asked and more detailed information on the position was offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a challenging situation and what you did to address it.   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pepco Holdings.

Interview

The whole process lasted over 2 months. After passing an initial phone screening, there was an invitation to take some testing. Most of the questions had nothing to do with the position. A structured interview follows the testing. They provide a very good YouTube video of the structured interview process.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected questions after watching the YouTube video they provided.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pepco Holdings.

Interview

they have "structured interviews" which are supposed to make it fairer. Two people ask you questions for about 2 hours. It is exhausting. very little opportunity to ask them anything. try to hit everything in my past experience for each question because it is scored numerically.

Interview Questions

• just long interview. be prepared to detail you experience line by line according to the position description   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try- stupid me. it can be done. ask for more money & vacation

Information Technology Intern IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Pepco Holdings (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was very easy but was based on scenarios. They ask about the Programming questions such as Thread and the processes, Object oriented programming, it's benefits over procedural programming.

Interview Questions

• How well did you performed with the team as compared to alone?   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pepco Holdings (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

Structured interview with 2-3 individuals possing job specific questions. The interview lasts between 45 mins - 1 hr. The interviewers try their best to make candidates feel comfortable with the process.

Interview Questions

• Questions are related to the specific job applied for. If you learn the requirements for the job you will do fine on the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For the position I applied, I was informed the salary was negotiable; however, the recruiter and/or manager were not willing to negotiate much higher than the minimum starting salary of $57,800.

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Pepco Holdings (Washington, DC).

Interview

good structure interview. lots of situation based question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pepco Holdings (Washington, DC) in September 2013.

Interview

After i applied online, it took about a week till i head from pepco, Phone interview was awsome, but the in person interview was not a great experience. The structured interview really take out the face to face interactions i expect in an interview. it was mostly question base on a situation. No eye contact, it was like answering a robot. Not a huge fan of structured interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview process is very difficult. question and answers, no time to really ask any questions or to get to know the project team.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pepco Holdings.

Interview

Formal interview, about an hour long with two supervisors.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forestville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pepco Holdings (Forestville, MD) in August 2011.

Interview

Long and lengthy 2-3 hour interview where you answer 50 open ended questions. Because Pepco is outdated the managers interviewing you write all your responses down by hand.