Pepper Hamilton Interview Questions

2.7

Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pepper Hamilton in April 2012.

Phone Interview was very quick. and most questions had to do with what/why you left your old job, how long did you hold your previous position(s), why did you want to interview for this job, etc.
    Office interview was different, be prepared to do a lot of the talking. This was not a scripted interview. they make youf feel very comfortable and tell you everything under the sun about the company, i.e., reason why the position is open, what is expected of the new hire, benefits, vacations, sick days, etc. then they will ask you if you have any questions. Which was particularly hard to answer since they had covered everything. They ask you to tell them about yourself, duites and what you expect out of the position.

Interview Questions
    • most significant professional weakness?   View Answer

Corporate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pepper Hamilton in September 2008.

Very fair hiring. Common to most law firm experiences. Interview with 1, 2 or 3 partners and 1 or 2 associates. Not too specific in terms of legal questions. More general "fit" questions and whether they liked you. Having worked there, the sheet that the attorney fills out grading the interview is pretty simple. Will this person bring a high quality of analysis and can they get the work done. Also, having a connection to Philadelphia (or the greater region) is important to show.

Interview Questions
    • What is your connection to Philadelphia?   View Answer
    • There are no specific "what if this happened" type questions. You will generally be asked about your experiences and why you want to practice at a big firm.   Answer Question

Attorney, 6th-Year Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pepper Hamilton in March 2010.

Very friendly attorneys in general. I interviewed with several partners. A couple of partners asked me some fairly tough legal questions, but most of the interviewers seemed more interested in getting to know me as a person to see if I would fit in to the culture there. It's a plus if you express interest in working on projects outside of your practice area since I understand that associates from other practice areas often are asked to help with projects from the firm's busy health effects law practice.

Interview Questions

I received a better offer.