Pepperdine University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Malibu, CA

I interviewed at Pepperdine University in May 2014.

Interview Details – Found job listing online. Submitted email about the opening. Received email with invitation to attend an interview. Sent requested resume. Attended in person interview on campus.

Interview Question – You will be working with us for the summer, mostly with international students. What people skills do you have that will allow you to work well with students from other countries?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. I was offered a 20 hour per week position for a set hourly wage.

Very Easy Interview

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
Malibu, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pepperdine University.

Interview Details – I went and asked if there were hiring students. They scheduled me a short interview and I went. No unexpected questions. They just want to know if you can take calls and help around the office.

Interview Question – None. Most jobs require you to have Federal Work Study.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Must have FWS

Interactive Content Writer Interview

Interactive Content Writer
Malibu, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pepperdine University in February 2014.

Interview Details – As you might expect from such a religious school, everyone involved in the hiring process is very polite and mild-mannered. While the job was posted online, they were looking for someone who was sent their way via referrals (no surprise there, really). It is very important to show in both your cover letter and resume that you are OK with the religious mission of the university. Make sure that all your materials (resume, cover letter, work samples) are absolutely free of spelling and grammar mistakes. The interview process is three stage - first, an individual phone call with the head of interactive, then a conference call with everyone on the team, and finally, an in-person interview on the campus. The conference call is the most challenging part of the process, as there are a lot of people in the room, and each one has their own personal agenda. It can be difficult to figure out who is asking what, and why, but the best thing you can do is to try to be diplomatic if someone starts asking questions that seem more like barbs aimed at other people in the room (or past mistakes that you are not aware of).

Interview Question – What would you do to help us fulfill the mission of the school by improving our website?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Malibu, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pepperdine University in August 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online. I was contacted via email about an interview and came into their office the next day. I was interviewed by the supervisor on duty on the spot, lasted about ten minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary. I was always treated very respectfully and the supervisor was happy to answer any questions.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation because of the fact it was an hourly position.

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Pepperdine University.

Interview Details – Consisted of a phone interview and an in person interview. The phone interview was pretty standard (Experience and how well do you work in teams). The in-person interview was as expected, no behavioral questions. It was more to know how well you will fit within the team dynamic.

Interview Question – What would be your step of action if you are faced with multiple projects all due within a relative short period of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate.

Project Assistant Interview

Project Assistant
Malibu, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pepperdine University.

Interview Details – Submit an application through HR website. Pepperdine called back next day to arrange an interview the following day. I was interviewed by a large group of the department(6-8 people). Called back and was offered the Job.

Interview Question – What does design mean to you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non existant. This is what we are offering and no choice or we will offer to someone else.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Malibu, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pepperdine University in August 2012.

Interview Details – Best if you are recommended by Church of Christ member; interview process is not difficult

Interview Question – describe a work challenge and how you dealt with it   View Answer

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Malibu, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pepperdine University.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview first. Then met with hiring manager and then did a group interview. I was given an offer after the last interview.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a one on one with the hiring manager at the time of the offer. Easy.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Malibu, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pepperdine University.

Interview Details – I was initially called by the hiring manager and asked to come in to interview. I interviewed for the first time with him and one of his direct reports, then spent some time chatting with the person vacating this position. From there, I was called and asked to come back for a second interview, which included lunch.

Interview Question – The questions were fairly general and the interview was pretty conversational. The one question that surprised me was, "Tell me about the best practical joke you've seen." He was looking to see what my sense of humor was like!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but the offer was also more than I had anticipated it would be.

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
West Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pepperdine University in August 2009.

Interview Details – 2 panel interviews with team members and dean

Interview Question – describe your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – got a 10% increase over initial offer

Worked for Pepperdine University? Contribute to the Community!