Pepperdine University Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2014
14 interviews

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

interviewed at Pepperdine University in May 2014.

Found job listing online. Submitted email about the opening. Received email with invitation to attend an interview. Sent requested resume. Attended in person interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • You will be working with us for the summer, mostly with international students. What people skills do you have that will allow you to work well with students from other countries?   View Answer
    No negotiation phase. I was offered a 20 hour per week position for a set hourly wage.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pepperdine University.

I went and asked if there were hiring students. They scheduled me a short interview and I went. No unexpected questions. They just want to know if you can take calls and help around the office.

Interview Questions
    • None. Most jobs require you to have Federal Work Study.   Answer Question
    Must have FWS

Interactive Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Malibu, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pepperdine University in February 2014.

As you might expect from such a religious school, everyone involved in the hiring process is very polite and mild-mannered. While the job was posted online, they were looking for someone who was sent their way via referrals (no surprise there, really). It is very important to show in both your cover letter and resume that you are OK with the religious mission of the university. Make sure that all your materials (resume, cover letter, work samples) are absolutely free of spelling and grammar mistakes. The interview process is three stage - first, an individual phone call with the head of interactive, then a conference call with everyone on the team, and finally, an in-person interview on the campus. The conference call is the most challenging part of the process, as there are a lot of people in the room, and each one has their own personal agenda. It can be difficult to figure out who is asking what, and why, but the best thing you can do is to try to be diplomatic if someone starts asking questions that seem more like barbs aimed at other people in the room (or past mistakes that you are not aware of).

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to help us fulfill the mission of the school by improving our website?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pepperdine University in August 2012.

Submitted an application online. I was contacted via email about an interview and came into their office the next day. I was interviewed by the supervisor on duty on the spot, lasted about ten minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary. I was always treated very respectfully and the supervisor was happy to answer any questions.

Interview Questions
    Little negotiation because of the fact it was an hourly position.

Project Coordinator Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Pepperdine University.

Consisted of a phone interview and an in person interview. The phone interview was pretty standard (Experience and how well do you work in teams). The in-person interview was as expected, no behavioral questions. It was more to know how well you will fit within the team dynamic.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your step of action if you are faced with multiple projects all due within a relative short period of time.   Answer Question
    Wasn't able to negotiate.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pepperdine University.

Submit an application through HR website. Pepperdine called back next day to arrange an interview the following day. I was interviewed by a large group of the department(6-8 people). Called back and was offered the Job.

Interview Questions
    Non existant. This is what we are offering and no choice or we will offer to someone else.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Malibu, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pepperdine University in August 2012.

Best if you are recommended by Church of Christ member; interview process is not difficult

Interview Questions
    • describe a work challenge and how you dealt with it   View Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pepperdine University.

Did a phone interview first. Then met with hiring manager and then did a group interview. I was given an offer after the last interview.

Interview Questions
    It was a one on one with the hiring manager at the time of the offer. Easy.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pepperdine University.

I was initially called by the hiring manager and asked to come in to interview. I interviewed for the first time with him and one of his direct reports, then spent some time chatting with the person vacating this position. From there, I was called and asked to come back for a second interview, which included lunch.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly general and the interview was pretty conversational. The one question that surprised me was, "Tell me about the best practical joke you've seen." He was looking to see what my sense of humor was like!   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, but the offer was also more than I had anticipated it would be.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pepperdine University in August 2009.

2 panel interviews with team members and dean

got a 10% increase over initial offer

Worked for Pepperdine University? Contribute to the Community!