Pepperl+Fuchs Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.6

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twinsburg, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pepperl+Fuchs in September 2014.

I was initially contacted by the HR department in Houston. This individual was very polite and helpful throughout the entire process. Stage 1) She set up a phone interview with the two hiring managers who had open positions. That interview lasted approx 45min and went rather well. Stage 2) I was called back and asked to participate in a skype interview with the two hiring managers and the director of engineering. The HR rep called me about an hour after the interview and told me that they were impressed and wanted me to fly in for a face to face interview. Of course I accepted.

Stage 3) I interviewed on a Monday and was scheduled to be there at 1000. They had no idea that I was supposed to be there at that time, they were expecting me around 1200. So with that they were not prepared to interview me and everything seemed rushed and thrown together. I spoke with the two hiring managers, learning about their product lines. Each gave me a tour of the facility and introduced me to their engineering teams.

I then went to lunch with the two hiring managers and the director of engineering. This where the red flags started going off. They began to ask me personal questions that had nothing to do with the position. They better be careful with that line of questioning as it may get them into some trouble. Lunch went well outside the awkward questions. Once back at the plant we were saying our goodbyes because I had a plane to catch. The director of engineering pulled me into his office and asked me my expected salary and what I currently made. I told him and he then said I would hear their decision on Friday because they had another interview to conduct.

The HR rep called me the next day and told me that they thought I was a good fit for their company and I was fully qualified in their eyes for both positions. She said they were going to decide which position to offer me and I would know on Friday. Well Friday came and after not hearing anything by 1500 I decided to call. She told me that they had not yet decided, but was being rather awkward on the phone. I asked what the possible hang up was and she told me that they didn't like my current salary and didn't feel I was worth it based on my experience. This made absolutely no sense to me as I told their HR my current salary during my initial contact with the company. They knew my experience going in as well as. So if that was the issue then why waste my time and their money. She then told me that they said they would send an offer regardless on Monday but if I didn't hear from her then to call on Tuesday. Once again not a bit of professionalism once Monday rolled around, no phone call was received. I gave them till the end of the week and called back on Friday to remove my name from consideration. They had no intentions to call me. This has to be the most unprofessional group of people that I have ever dealt with. A simple courtesy call informing me that they were not interested would have gone a long way. I'm not upset that I didn't get a position with P+F, I just don't appreciate being lied to and having my time wasted. Glad I found this out up front though, no way would I want to work for such a company.

Electrical Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twinsburg, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pepperl+Fuchs in February 2014.

Phone interview which included questions such as why I wanted to work for P+F, why I would be a good candidate, etc...

In person interview included a description and history of the company with a facility tour. Personality questions along with some technical questions were asked by the engineering hiring manager and HR person.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very fair and expected for position applied to.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pepperl+Fuchs in February 2014.

The first layer to get through is an online application process. This includes job specific questions. If you pass you will get to the second layer, a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview the third layer is an in-person interview. I was able to get through all the way and at this step was signing the background check etc.
    The interviewer seemed excited, gave me a short tour of the facility and told me that he would be giving me a call within a week... Unfortunately I never got that call and about the two week mark (I waited so as not to be pushy) when I called to follow up, the HR person I spoke with never knew I existed. The person I interviewed with was no longer with the company, and at this time instead of calling me back HR just sent a rejection email with no explanation...

While I'm not mad at P+F about not hiring me I am a bit disappointed with how they handled my situation. I suspended my job hunt for weeks (was unemployed) because of the feedback I got from my interviewer having made it past 3 layers. If my interviewer was terminated there must have been some kind of queue or way for P+F to know I was in the system pending final interview/hire. I was more than qualified and would have loved to work for this fine company, but after dropping the ball I would have expected a call from a human on the rejection...

Interview Questions
    • Every position in the company has a guided questionnaire on-line so you get time to carefully answer job specific questions. The phone interview is a communication to be sure the companies needs line up with your experience and capabilities. You will never get the in-person interview if you do not pass those first. The in person interview fills in the gaps with typical interview questions and allows them to se if you are a good fit.   View Answer

Electronics Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pepperl+Fuchs in May 2012.

the interview went well along with a written test included in it after a chat with the HR manager.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pepperl+Fuchs in January 2009.

Meeting with HR Manager and Hiring Manager.
    Good impression, very kind and warm and professional people handling the interviewees.
    Only 2 interviews conducted: first with the HR Manager, second one with the Hiring Manager.
    Within one week, I was called again and offered the job.
    Since I was unemployed for 1 month plus already, and they gave the opportunities to me to explore this new job, I took the offer.

Not really.