Pepsi Bottling Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.7

Merchandiser Interview

Interview

It took about a month going through the process from initial internet contact to making it to the plant for an interview. Since they needed to fill the position, the interview was quick & dirty with a position manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work well without direct supervision?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Checker/Certifier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

interviewed at Pepsi Bottling (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

Ask your strengths and weaknesses why do you want to work for Pepsi.. What was a time when you had to deal with an irate customer how did you calm the situation..

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weakness   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Very complete. Met with several individuals at a plant site and at a bottling location. Great interview experience. They were able to show what HR professionals do at both their corporate and their bottling locations and have a commitment to the education of their professionals in their business.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the company to better the HR component?   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pepsi Bottling.

Interview

company does take applications and does interview frequently, there is a high turnover rate as a result of the manual labor aspect to the job. if you possess the skills meaning cdl license or ability to drive forklift it would make hiring more likely

Interview Questions

• are you willing to work overnight in a fast paced enviroment   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiating the pay is the pay union job so whats in the contract is what everyone gets

Campus Hire Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pepsi Bottling.

Interview

I applied through my university website. An HR representative came to campus for the first round of interviews. Very standard, basic first round interview. We went over my resume, work experience, involvement on campus, etc. As soon as the interview was over, she invited me to the next round which took place at the Pepsi plant in Chicago.

There I went through a series of two difference interviews - one with a sales operations manager and one with the HR director. I was required to give a 15-minute sales pitch (they provided me with an outline the night before). The whole process lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate because the offer was very fair.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pepsi Bottling (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Getting hired at Pepsi is a time consuming process. It takes a few weeks, as there is a phone interview then an in person interview. It seems like people that the managers already know in the industry can get on faster than people hired "off the street". It is a hard job as it seems they hire 2 or 3 people at a time but they don't last. I had a couple get hired the same time as me and never saw them after orientation.

Interview Questions

• Not really anything too difficult. You take some tests during the application process but they shouldn't be to difficult for people of average intelligence.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly position not negotiable

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pepsi Bottling (Somers, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager. Then interviews with the Vice President of the department. Then 2 other directors in the department that I would be working with. Overall the experience was not difficult. Only one of the directors asked difficult questions trying to test my financial knowledge and my knowledge of the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position?   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pepsi Bottling.

Interview

they ask all the basic interview questions there is nothing special. they might ask you to sell them so random object on their desk. this position is usually promoted from within and they will want you to use p.e.p.s.i sell skills. chances are the person interviewing you has no experience in the job and has no clue

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pepsi Bottling in May 2014.

Interview

Had an intiial phone screening and a phone interview with 2 people a few days later. The people I interviewed with during the second round were my future direct supervisor and a future lateral peer.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavior i.e. "tell me about a time when you had to incluence a difficult person and how did you do it".   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pepsi Bottling in April 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was 4 months before final interview, final interview included a tour of the plant, 3 different behavioral based interviews, and a resume presentation in front of the other candidates for the job and the Pepsi interviewers.