PepsiCo Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.6

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Great interview process, organized and managed well. A little lengthy considering the position I was applying for, but a company can never be too safe in regards to who they hire.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in May 2014.

Except for a long delay between the face to face interview and the offer, the process went well. I applied on the company website after seeing it on LinkedIn. I was contacted within a week about setting up a phone interview. From there, I was brought in just a few weeks later. Then due to other interviewing internal candidates and managers traveling, the offer was delayed by 4 - 5 weeks. There wasn't much communication in that time. I called several times a week to seek an update.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. Everything was reasonable.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating on the salary. I did get an extra week of vacation

Technology Intern for the Sales Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo in April 2014.

Applied online and received a phone call to come in for an interview. Scheduled for an interview the following week. I was told i will be interviewing with 5 people. I spent around half an hour with each interviewer. Questions weren't particular challenging, mostly talked about my previous work experiences and what i did. They also explained their positions and what they did for the company. It seemed i would be working with them so they were trying to figure out if i was a great fit. Overall the interview process was great. Not really any technical questions, but just understanding if i knew the basics.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a current project or previous project you have worked on and how you dealt with the problems.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2014.

Applied on corporate website and was asked to interview on campus. First round was all behavioral questions. 30 minutes pretty straight forward. Second round is on-site and has two different interviews, one with a sales VP and one with a HR rep.

Interview Questions
    • What is a recent important decision you had to make on the spot?   Answer Question

Trader Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in January 2014.

Very easy interview. More of a casual conversation. Very nice supervisor.

Non negotiable

Associate Quality Engineer - Packaging Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in November 2013.

The interview process was pretty standard except for I had lunch with the entire team. This was an informal way for them to ask me additional questions. Since Pepsi has many offices in North America I spoke with multiple people, but not all were in person as some were in other locations.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was that out of the ordinary, just be prepared because you get asked about what makes you want to work for them ALOT   Answer Question

Senior Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in September 2013.

A lengthy interview process! Six phone interviews and a half day of in person interviews were required for the role I am currently in. Never interviewed with my current manager though

Interview Questions
    Very receptive. They ask for what your salary preference is up front so be sure to be truthful about what you want in the beginning as it will be difficult to back pedal afterwards

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in August 2013.

I had 4 phone interviews, one with the recruiter and 3 with my managers and a director on the team. They all were fairly straightforward and everyone was very open to answering my questions. There were large gaps of time before I heard anything after some of the interviews, but I was told that was because they were trying to figure out where to place me on the team. I went in for 1 office interview and met with two people. I was offered the position the next week.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straightforward about my experience and the position.   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate the salary but they were more flexible with vacation.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in March 2013.

The interview was on campus. It was broken up in two sections. The first section was behavioral and lasted approximately thirty minutes. The second lasted about fifteen minutes and it was a short case study question that pertained to the position I was applying for. The first section was very pleasant and included a panel of three interviewers. The second was intimidating and included a panel of three interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • We have a store and Pepsi isn't selling well what steps would you take toward a strategy?   Answer Question

Vendor Managed Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in November 2012.

I was first referred to my employer by a friend. (He got a $1,500 bonus when I ultimately got the job, which is pretty awesome.) I waited for a call about setting up an interview for well over a month. The initial interview was over the phone, very easy, I’m sure they use this to weed out anyone terrible. The second interview consisted of 3 panels of 3 people each. They were pretty short and they asked the standard questions behavioral questions like “tell me about a time when you had to work with someone difficult”. If you google “standard interview questions” and prepare for those, you’ll be all set!

The timing was right, they called me a couple days after the interview because they needed someone immediately. I have, however, heard bad stories about people getting put in the “pipeline”. This means they call and tell you “we like you, we want to offer you a job, but there is nothing available right now. Hold tight.” Someone that interviewed the same day as me (also friends with the person that referred me) didn’t get an offer for about 2 months. By then he had already started another job and was no longer interested. So don’t wait around for them to call you.

Overall, pretty easy and good interview experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • Give me your top 3 weaknesses. I never know what a good answer would be for this one.   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate salary, because I felt like it was generous compared to what I was currently making. I tried to negotiate an extra week of vacation, and they promptly shot me down. I only get 2 weeks.