PepsiCo

26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was on campus. It was broken up in two sections. The first section was behavioral and lasted approximately thirty minutes. The second lasted about fifteen minutes and it was a short case study question that pertained to the position I was applying for. The first section was very pleasant and included a panel of three interviewers. The second was intimidating and included a panel of three interviewers.

Interview Question – We have a store and Pepsi isn't selling well what steps would you take toward a strategy?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on corporate website and was asked to interview on campus. First round was all behavioral questions. 30 minutes pretty straight forward. Second round is on-site and has two different interviews, one with a sales VP and one with a HR rep.

Interview Question – What is a recent important decision you had to make on the spot?   Answer Question

Associate Quality Engineer - Packaging Interview

Barrington, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard except for I had lunch with the entire team. This was an informal way for them to ask me additional questions. Since Pepsi has many offices in North America I spoke with multiple people, but not all were in person as some were in other locations.

Interview Question – Nothing was that out of the ordinary, just be prepared because you get asked about what makes you want to work for them ALOT   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Trader Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. More of a casual conversation. Very nice supervisor.

Interview Question – Why pepsi?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly straight forward. Consisted of three rounds of behavioral based interviews.

Interview Question – How did you get where you are today?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had 4 phone interviews, one with the recruiter and 3 with my managers and a director on the team. They all were fairly straightforward and everyone was very open to answering my questions. There were large gaps of time before I heard anything after some of the interviews, but I was told that was because they were trying to figure out where to place me on the team. I went in for 1 office interview and met with two people. I was offered the position the next week.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty straightforward about my experience and the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate the salary but they were more flexible with vacation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PepsiCo in December 2011.

Interview Details – My interview was setup through a recruiting firm, but it was conducted by the department head and (essentially) the assistant department head.. After going through my job history and background, basic questions were asked (nothing out of the ordinary). About 2 days later, the recruiting firm called asking me if I would accept the position.

Interview Question – The interview questions were basic and to the point about my background, work experience, etc, but varied and in no perceived logical order. I later learned that the questioning was done intentionally to see if I was capable of thinking quickly on my feet and for adaptability.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst
Bridgeview, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus, then went on-site for a final round interview. On-campus interview was with a manager and a supply chain analyst from my university. Final round interview consisted of 4 1-on-1 interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing too challenging, mostly behavioral based. Know what is on your resume and how to explain it.   Answer Question

Change Management Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at PepsiCo in September 2012.

Interview Details – The whole thing was an awful experience. They rushed me in as if there was a fire - and then I never heard anything from them in 4 months...not even a rejection. My first interview was with some HR person on a serious power trip who was grilling me beyond any possible necessity - particularly since she didn't really even understand my background (based on her questions, I am not even sure if she understood my resume) or knew what the role entailed. Her canned behavioral interview questions were banal and revealed nothing about my background that my resume did not. Then, my "escort" got lost and managed to royally screw up a phone interview I had with someone in the NYC office (there was no phone for him to call me on). So, after I dialed the Pepsi operator and got his number, I called him from my cell phone. Then, he went on for like 40 minutes longer than his allotted time, leaving my would-be manager without an office because I was using her office to talk to him while she was in a meeting. Could it get any more messy? My would-be manager seemed nice enough, and I suppose I would have liked working for her - but I've since heard she is pretty flaky and fake.

Pepsi's global nutrition group strategy is a mess & will probably end up in the CEO being fired. This was the group in which I was supposed to work. They could not even explain the value of realigning the company to me this way in my interview (nor could anyone who worked there). All the people who interviewed me seemed bitter, worn out, angry, or depressed - and they all have pristine LinkedIn profiles (so they are all on their way out of this mess themselves). I heard Pepsi pays a lot, so that's one reason to stay.

One interesting thing is that they are selecting for "risk takers" (I was asked a few times about when I took a risk) - which is lovely - apparently nobody there has read the book by Babiak and Hare about what happens when you select for this trait...

In the end, my friend who works for the company said nobody was even hired in this role. It was just an awful experience and waste of time.

Interview Question – Most questions were idiotic cliche behavioral interview questions that anyone who actually reads the management literature would realize are useless. Also, they were asking me questions that simply could not be answered in an interview context. I couldn't solve all of the company's problems in a 30 minute interview - sorry - but I explained the data that would be required. I assume they wanted me to bring my magic wand, but I left it at home.   Answer Question

Senior Director of Shopper Marketing Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2012.

Interview Details – This was one of the most seriously flawed interview processes that I have ever endured. My last tally of interviews (phone, live, and green) was about 15. 15 different people and interviews!!! It started with phone interviews and a really good communication process. I got feedback and kept moving to the next phase. I flew to Chicago and did a day of interviews that went extremely well. They told me they would have a decision the next week. I heard nothing so I called the recruiter (internal Pepsi recruiter). She said that I now needed to interview with their president of marketing via a video interview. I did that and they said they would have a decision the next week. I never heard a word so called. Now, I was supposedly tied with another candidate and a new internal posting and we needed another round of interviews. So I was set up with more 'green' video interviews. I was told this was it and the decision would come early the next week. Nothing!!! I called. They said they neeeded another green interview. I did it. Nothing!!!!! I called to follow up ....no return calls. Weeks go by and the president called me and said they chose the other person. TERRIBLE PROCESS. Disrespectful of both people and time.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees and interview candidates.