PepsiCo Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.9

Mobile Device Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great. I spoke with screener and hiring manager. We scheduled the interview and the hiring manager called me at the appointed time. Hiring manager was very friendly. They are generally seen as an industry leader so you could google their name and find industry related interviews. It helped me understand more about what they were looking for and their style.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know about specific MDM products used. In this position, they are looking for someone with extensive MDM product use. Sounds like someone who worked for an MDM Software OEM would be a great fit.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The entire process is long but worth it. Background checks will take a while. However the people involved in the process are absolutely wonderful.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

PepsiCo had a booth at the Career Fair
    Campus Hiring Event
    Spoke with a representative and gave them my resume
    Scheduled a personal Interview a few days later.
    After the 1 on 1 interview followed a phone Interview with a few more managers.
    Offer was extended and accepted.
    Drug screening and began work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for PepsiCo?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Internships don't really have much negotiating room. Just accepted the offer.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX).

Interview

Applied On . November 9th and received an email on November 11th to schedule a phone interview with the recruiter. The phone interview on November 15th was pretty basic questions from the resume by the recruiting manager.Got a Call back on November 18th informing that the hiring manager and the team wants to have an onsite interview. third party company set up for Friday 22nd 2013. The interview was with the team and it was explaining what the job is and also asking behavioral questions. I reached home and received an email that the team would like to meet for a 2nd interview and it was scheduled for Friday 27th and this time it was a little more tougher with technical questions. On December 3rd got a call from recruiting manager letting me know that the team is interested and would like to make me an offer and that she has to get approval for my salary and vacation.Dec 4th received a formal offer letter with the salary I asked for.I accepted on December 5th. Overall this whole interview process was pretty smooth. Recruiting Manager was really helpful and kept me in the loop.

Interview Questions

• you often meet people and sometimes you like their approach or traits and think maybe i need to be like them, what are some of the traits you have seen you dont want to adapt?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received what I asked for.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX).

Interview

They (Frito Lay division) came to recruit MBA students for full time jobs at my school for the first time in 2006 and I was fortunate to be selected for an interview.

I interviewed in a two on one at school with either a Finance Manager or Sr. Finance Manager who came in from Plano, plus someone in Sales leadership from the local office in St. Louis. They asked a lot of behavioral questions. It was extremely in depth and something that a lot of preparation paid off for. They did not care about Finance experience, which I respected a lot. What they cared about, and what their questions were designed to uncover was if you were intelligent, had drive, and proactively found ways in your past work to be successful. I passed this round and was flown to Plano to the final round with a group of other MBA students from a variety of schools.

When we got into town, that night we had a nice dinner and networking session where we got to talk with many people from the Finance organization including the Frito Lay CFO. The next day I had one one on one followed by two two on one interviews with people ranging from Finance Manager to Director/Group Leader levels. One interview focused a lot around potential to work in the food industry I thought. We talked a lot about innovation, ways to incorporate more healthy yet good tasting snacks, and I was given a chance to relate these topics to past experience. The second interview was really focused on my potential for cross functional leadership and it got very in depth. The final interview was very technical and related around how the P&L is impacted by a variety of decisions around elasticity, pricing, COGS.....they pretty much seemed to want to see that you had a grasp of what drives margins. Amidst all that there was a lunch hosted by HR where they explained the benefits of being at Frito Lay.

Overall it was an amazing experience, my best recruiting experience ever actually. I ensured the recruiter knew that it set the standard. I also appreciated the respect many of the people showed for my Army officer background, which I never expect but very much appreciate. One interviewer went out of her way to thank me before we got to any questions.

I had to decline my offer for family reasons, but it broke my heart to do so. I would love to have worked there and would still like to some day. They have such a tremendous Finance program that offers advancement opportunities that few other corporations offer.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find anything unexpected. I knew it would be very thorough.   Answer Question

Family reasons - wife (fiance at the time) had already accepted a strong job offer in Chicago and we didn't think it would be right for her to rescind, so Plano was no longer possible for us to relocate to.

District Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Two interviews and luncheon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem and came away with positive results.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Resource Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Irving, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume through university career office. Had an on campus interview which was a typical behavioral interview and took about 45 minutes. A few days later I was invited to travel to Fort Worth for final round interviews at a plant.

At the plan I had two interviews, each with two managers/directors. Both were behavioral interviews again, but this time there was a much bigger focus on leadership, managing people, and achieving results. In this job you are in charge of people and a section of the plant so those attributes are important.

We also got a tour of the plant by one of the people who had this job. Looking at what he was doing and the plant overall, I realized that was not something I wanted to do with an engineering degree.

Interview Questions

• Do not remember the exact wording, but there was a questions about giving an example of a situation when you as a leader made a mistake that negatively affected others working around you or under you.   Answer Question

Working in a plant, especially a snacks plant is a very unique experience. You have to be willing to get your hands dirty and run around a lot. I did not find myself doing that neither did I see any room for growth in this field. But everything else about the offer was great.

Engineering R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

On campus screening interview (20 min) during job fair. On campus technical and behavioral interviews (30 minutes each) two weeks later. They'll call you right away if they want you!

Interview Questions

• Given this PFD, and several problems we have with a potato chip line, come up with a solution using engineering principles.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A for internship

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I met them at a job fair, attended an info-session, and the signup for interviews was pretty open to all engineering majors. There were two interviews, both held on campus. An initial interview with one team member from the college recruit team, and a second interview at a later late (approx 2 months later) with two interviewers. I was contacted the same day after my first interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time whenever you had to prioritize a set of events in order to achieve a goal. How did choose how to prioritize these events and how did the way you prioritized them help you to achieve your goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple. They are very excited to have you on once you go through the interview process. I was very satisfied with the pay they agreed to.

HSE Manager-Mesquite Texas Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PepsiCo (Mesquite, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Lack of communication, before and after the interview

Interview Questions

• Expect the candidate to know everything from Environmental to Transporation   1 Answer