PepsiCo

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

District Sales Leader Designate

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details – I applied online through the careerlink website at my college. I was immediately called in for an interview a few days after.

1st Interview - Basic behavioral questions. It's a preliminary to see whether you move onto the HR interviews

2nd Interview - Group interview with 2 interviewers. More detail questions about previous work history and how it relates to the current position you're applying for. Some behavioral questions.

HR online Assessment - About an hour long

Once you've passed the assessment you have another interview with the HR Director.

3rd Interview - HR Director - Wants to know your background, extra curricular activities that you participated in school that may get you ready for the position you're applying for. Where did you grow up? What clubs were you in? I believe the purpose of this interview is to get a better understanding of who you are.

4th Interview - With the head honcho who'll make the final decision on whether you're a good fit for the company. Asks questions/examples of previous work history.

If you made it through all the interviews and are job offered, you, then, must submit a drug test and physical.

Interview Question – Whether a positive or negative outcome, tell me about a coaching experience in the past.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

The process took 3 months - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

Interview Details – You need to stay on top of hiring process, you drive the process. This process took months.

Interview Questions

District Sales Leader Designate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact was through a friend who worked for the company. He passed my résumé to the Regional HR Director. I received a call from a HR representative a few weeks later. We had one phone interview. I then was directed to take an online test. They then flew me out for a series of face to face interviews. I was immediately impressed with the culture and people who worked there. Sold me on the company and career opportunities. After a week or so I was called about setting up a ride along with a local route salesman as it is a mandatory training step. And then within a week was called with a job offer. The total process took 3 months or so.

Interview Question – Frito Lay uses a structured interview process. All questions are predetermined and given to the hiring managers. The question is asked and the answer needs to be in the form of a situation, the action that took place, and then the result. Some of the possible subjects are teamwork, problem solving, giving feedback or coaching, selling, ect.   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Designate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details – An employee referred me for the position. I then e-mailed my cover letter and resume to the Regional HR Manager, who then set me up for a phone interview.

1st Interview

Phone Interview with HR Recruiter: Basic interview, lasted about 40 Minutes.

Tell me about yourself... What's your strongest weakness? Why Frito Lay? Why would you be a good fit?

Passed phone interview.

2nd Interview:

At future Distribution Center with my future boss (Zone Sales Leader), and another individual. Same type of questions

Passed second interview.

3rd Interview:

Panel interview up at the Regional Headquarters.

Interview was with the HR Director, Finance Manager, Key Account Manager, Zone Sales Leader

Passed Third Interview

They also have candidates do a ride along with an RSR (Truck Driver/Salesman) to make sure you can handle it. This is what you will do for the first 6 months and up to a year. I took the District Sales Leader position, but left for a better opportunity after 1 year of employment with Frito Lay. It was not the right fit for me.

I would strongly encourage candidates to make sure they want the position before taking it. This saves you and the company invested time, and money.

HR Recruiter will guide you through the entire interview process, and be in constant communication with you. It was swift, and very organized.

Interview Question – Questions were all pretty easy...Just be prepared. Glassdoor.com has most of the questions that would be asked.

Example:

Why would you be the ideal candidate for the position?
  Answer Question

Interviewed at PepsiCo

Interview Details – Hey, I interviewed for a Dsl position not this past monday but the previous one. How long does the process take? They said they would be making decisions towards the end of that week on who would go on but i have not recieved a rejection letter or a call either way. I would think after this time they would have notified the people either way on their status.

Interview Question – They really like to hear about Leadership, Execution, Communication, and Retail Store Operations.   Answer Question

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!