PepsiCo District Sales Leader Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014

3.3

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

District Sales Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

Interview is a behavioral question style interview. Questions included "Give a specific example of a time when you set a goal and were able to achieve it" and "Tell me about a time you delegated a project successfully" and "Describe a time when you had to make a decision that was not popular"

Interview Questions
  • "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a very upset customer or coworker"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Tough to get in, but stick with it jump through all the hoops. District sales leader is a tough job but a necessary stepping stone to get into a better position.

Interview Questions
    They are open to negotiation

District Sales Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in April 2014.

I applied through my university's career services. I had a first interview on campus with HR and another manager. I then went on a route ride along and had a second interview on campus with a zone sales leader. I then went to Birmingham for a third interview with several directors. They took me to dinner, put me in a hotel and payed for everything. I ended up not being offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were leading a team and someone wasn't doing their part. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Sales District Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo.

Completed first interview on campus at my University. Then was flown to Atlanta, Ga for 4 follow up interviews. Though interviews went pretty well and was told a final decision would be made the next day. Did not hear back for a couple of days and was told I had to go through one final interview. The process wasn't too difficult; however, they were really slow in making decisions and keeping me informed in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in November 2013.

Two interviews and luncheon.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem and came away with positive results.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in September 2013.

Submit Cover Letter and Resume on the Pepsico site, then if chosen you are asked to complete an hour long online assessment within 5 days. If you pass the assessment, then HR reaches out to you via email to set up a phone interview
    1st Step: 30 min phone interview with HR Manager ( ask you about your resume, leadership experience, why frito lay and etc) if chosen beyond this point, you find out within 5 to 7 days
    2nd Step: Route Ride along with a sales representative to see what they do, and then an interview with a district sales leader and the zone sales leader
    ( if you pass this stage you find out via email within a day or so)
    3rd and final step are back to back interviews with 2 members of frito lay's regions business team (HR Director, Sr Sales Director and etc)

If you pass all steps, then they make you a conditional offer ( mine was the very next day) via phone call and email. THEN, after you pass an extensive background check, mvr/hair follicle/and physical test, they contact with your orientation date.

This was a LONG PROCESS ( 2+ Months)

Interview Questions
    • All questions asked are already on INDEED. They want to know all your leadership skills and capabilities. They want to be impressed.   Answer Question
    Offer was great

Sales District Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2013.

This position was earlier known as "Territory Sales Manager" but now in a harmonization effort has acquired a new title hence, SDL (Sales District Leader)

1st step - Online application (Standard to most companies)
    2nd Step - Telephone Screener (self schedule option available in most cases) (Very basic)
    3rd Step - Face to Face Interview (Standard questions, basic exploring questions and then 3-4 behavior based questions). Its important to know the Pepsi Leadership Model to ace the Behavioral questions. Fairly easy though.

I love the company, awesome people. impeccable, down-to-earth humble management. Truly supportive and team based culture. Light years ahead of its primary competition (Coca-Cola, whom I have also worked for).

Job Specific: The job itself is very challenging though. Can make or break your career depending on which location/manager you work for. Very limited training opportunities especially if you get hired at a busy location, you will be held accountable for numerous KPIs from day 1 with little or no training. Very Very fast paced plus not much training support. Depending on location, you could be wearing multiple hats, doing job of multiple functions. (hence working 7 days a week plus evenings if you cater to Large Format Customers)

In summary, Love the company, love the job but work 7 long days a week.

Interview Questions
    • A set of behavioral questions like
      1. Give examples from the past how you overcame difficult relationships with annoyed customers
      2. Sell yourself in a minute or less
        View Answer
    Not much room for negotiation. Pay standard across company but varies depending on market (Cost of living differential)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in November 2011.

University of Arizona and Arizona State grads were recruited for this position. If initial interest is taken then you are invited to a lunch/dinner with other candidates where the process is explained in fine detail (seems a lot more personable then an information session). After the dinner, and if still interested, candidate applies and then has their first interview within 2 weeks which is a face to face interview lasting an hour. If successful, the 2nd and 3rd interview take place the same day with HR and with senior level management. Upon review and if you are deemed to be a fit to culture and the position they will get you an offer. They expect you to work anywhere from 50-60 hours a week for a flat salary of $52k. If one does the math it seems as if they are better off working for another company at an hourly rate equating to $30k a year only because with the 10-20 hours of overtime you can achieve the same financial compensation. However, if one realizes that the company, its people, and the opportunities are viewed as equivocal factors to income, then its a win-win situation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a deadline that wasn't realistic, what did you do, and what was the end result   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation as the set salary for campus recruits was set at a solid $52

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2011.

The interview consisted of three 20 minute interviews with 3 different people from different parts of the company. They all asked the same type of questions based on leadership, motivating people, and situation, action, result scenarios. I stayed consistent with my outlook on leadership and used different examples for each person. I also did not wear a tie and this worked perfectly because they were all dressed more business casual.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question

I did want to work in North Carolina.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2011.

I found the interview online with Pepsi Co Jobs. I was first asked a couple initial interview questions over the phone and then contacted through email to take a personality assessment. They usually cannot hire you unless you've "passed" the assessment. After that you are brought in to the closest district office and interview with several different people. I had 4 round interviews with a recruiter, managers and other HR staff. After that they extend an conditional job offer through email. You have to go meet with the zone leader that you'd be working with and then pass a background check and a hair follicle drug test.