PepsiCo

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in June 2010.

Interview Details – Total of 4 interviews-- 2 phone interviews with HR Manager and HR Director, followed by interview with a Director and then a VP. You will also go through a drug test, background test, and also an online personality test, which is timed.

Interview Questions

• If I called your best friend to ask for feedback about your weaknesses, what do you think he/she would tell me?   Answer Question
  • Why would a customer prefer Pepsi over Coca Cola?   Answer Question
  • Please name our top 10 competitiors   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 10% of initial offer increase.

Portland, OR

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details – Tough to get in, but stick with it jump through all the hoops. District sales leader is a tough job but a necessary stepping stone to get into a better position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you exhibited patience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are open to negotiation

District Sales Leader

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career services. I had a first interview on campus with HR and another manager. I then went on a route ride along and had a second interview on campus with a zone sales leader. I then went to Birmingham for a third interview with several directors. They took me to dinner, put me in a hotel and payed for everything. I ended up not being offered a position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were leading a team and someone wasn't doing their part. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details – Completed first interview on campus at my University. Then was flown to Atlanta, Ga for 4 follow up interviews. Though interviews went pretty well and was told a final decision would be made the next day. Did not hear back for a couple of days and was told I had to go through one final interview. The process wasn't too difficult; however, they were really slow in making decisions and keeping me informed in the process.

Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PepsiCo in September 2013.

Interview Details – Submit Cover Letter and Resume on the Pepsico site, then if chosen you are asked to complete an hour long online assessment within 5 days. If you pass the assessment, then HR reaches out to you via email to set up a phone interview
1st Step: 30 min phone interview with HR Manager ( ask you about your resume, leadership experience, why frito lay and etc) if chosen beyond this point, you find out within 5 to 7 days
2nd Step: Route Ride along with a sales representative to see what they do, and then an interview with a district sales leader and the zone sales leader
( if you pass this stage you find out via email within a day or so)
3rd and final step are back to back interviews with 2 members of frito lay's regions business team (HR Director, Sr Sales Director and etc)

If you pass all steps, then they make you a conditional offer ( mine was the very next day) via phone call and email. THEN, after you pass an extensive background check, mvr/hair follicle/and physical test, they contact with your orientation date.

This was a LONG PROCESS ( 2+ Months)

Interview Question – All questions asked are already on INDEED. They want to know all your leadership skills and capabilities. They want to be impressed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was great

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews and luncheon.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a problem and came away with positive results.   View Answer

Midland, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2013.

Interview Details – This position was earlier known as "Territory Sales Manager" but now in a harmonization effort has acquired a new title hence, SDL (Sales District Leader)

1st step - Online application (Standard to most companies)
2nd Step - Telephone Screener (self schedule option available in most cases) (Very basic)
3rd Step - Face to Face Interview (Standard questions, basic exploring questions and then 3-4 behavior based questions). Its important to know the Pepsi Leadership Model to ace the Behavioral questions. Fairly easy though.

I love the company, awesome people. impeccable, down-to-earth humble management. Truly supportive and team based culture. Light years ahead of its primary competition (Coca-Cola, whom I have also worked for).

Job Specific: The job itself is very challenging though. Can make or break your career depending on which location/manager you work for. Very limited training opportunities especially if you get hired at a busy location, you will be held accountable for numerous KPIs from day 1 with little or no training. Very Very fast paced plus not much training support. Depending on location, you could be wearing multiple hats, doing job of multiple functions. (hence working 7 days a week plus evenings if you cater to Large Format Customers)

In summary, Love the company, love the job but work 7 long days a week.

Interview Question – A set of behavioral questions like
1. Give examples from the past how you overcame difficult relationships with annoyed customers
2. Sell yourself in a minute or less
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation. Pay standard across company but varies depending on market (Cost of living differential)

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2011.

Interview Details – University of Arizona and Arizona State grads were recruited for this position. If initial interest is taken then you are invited to a lunch/dinner with other candidates where the process is explained in fine detail (seems a lot more personable then an information session). After the dinner, and if still interested, candidate applies and then has their first interview within 2 weeks which is a face to face interview lasting an hour. If successful, the 2nd and 3rd interview take place the same day with HR and with senior level management. Upon review and if you are deemed to be a fit to culture and the position they will get you an offer. They expect you to work anywhere from 50-60 hours a week for a flat salary of $52k. If one does the math it seems as if they are better off working for another company at an hourly rate equating to $30k a year only because with the 10-20 hours of overtime you can achieve the same financial compensation. However, if one realizes that the company, its people, and the opportunities are viewed as equivocal factors to income, then its a win-win situation.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a deadline that wasn't realistic, what did you do, and what was the end result   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation as the set salary for campus recruits was set at a solid $52

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of three 20 minute interviews with 3 different people from different parts of the company. They all asked the same type of questions based on leadership, motivating people, and situation, action, result scenarios. I stayed consistent with my outlook on leadership and used different examples for each person. I also did not wear a tie and this worked perfectly because they were all dressed more business casual.

Interview Question – Describe a situation you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did want to work in North Carolina.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2011.

Interview Details – Basic interview style: walk me through your resume, work experience, etc. They also asked about leadership roles and strengths/weaknesses.

Interview Question – Explain a project that you have led.   Answer Question

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!