PepsiCo District Sales Leader Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Start off with a phone interview with the recruiter, then moves on to a online test. Then if you pass you move onto a face to face interview with a rep from HR and another person. From there you have a face to face or phone interview with the Sales Director

Interview Questions

• Name a time when an employee of yours was not performing up to your or the companies expectations and how you handled it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Carrollton, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

3 step interview First interview was over the phone with HR for about 20-30 minutes, Talk about yourself, why interested in Frito Lay/ what know about it, how can impact their company positively the normal questions Second interview computer questionaire, asked behavioral and situational questions (if this were to happen while you were in charge, what would you do (multiple choice)) and personality (psychology) question (do you work best alone or with others) third interview Went to Corporation and had panel interview (2 managers and 2 HR people) make sure to have different stories for the panels to add diversity

District Sales Leader Interview

Interview

Great interview process, the persons interviewing are very friendly and care a lot about each candidate. The process was great. There are a series of interviews with different people. Two persons in each interview and multiple interviews back to back. The process was very competitive with the other candidates as well. overall a great experience with great feedback and a great interview.

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Three stages to the hiring process. First is an initial interview with simple basic questions. Then if you move on, you do a ride-along with a truck driver in the area, where you are evaluated based on your attitude and interest level. Then finally, I was called up for a final interview and it consisted of a 2 day even with lots of networking opportunities and 3 interviews, each with 2 people in the room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Short and to the point - basically it all depends on who you are and who you know as one of the present managers did mention its not what you know but what they think that you know. Seems like they already know who that want in the different slots and they simply go through the process to satisfy requirements.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years   1 Answer

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Pretty lengthy and detailed interview process. The first interview was a behavioral interview with HR. Once I passed that, I was given a assessment online with situational questions (from a management perspective). After passing that I was contacted by HR to schedule a Hiring Conference in Portland. The Hiring conference was two days, one day consisting of meeting and taking a tour of the Frito Lay plant. The next day consisted of 3 separate 45min interviews. Overall was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Many questions regarding positions in leadership and what you did to become successful. They want to know your thought process as well as the outcomes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered a generous starting salary.

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

Interview

Initially met recruiter at college career fair. Was invited to an on-campus interview. Pretty basic interview here, mainly went over my resume with a few behavioral questions towards the end. Was invited to a second interview with zone leaders (don't remember exact title?) and ride-along with a route sales representative. Rode in a delivery truck with a seasoned sales rep; showed me the ins and outs of their daily route ride and helped prepare me for my interview the following day. The 40 minute interview briefly went over my resume then behavioral and situational questions after that. I personally thought I did great in all aspects of the interview but was not advanced to the final round. Recruiter told me he thought I was a top candidate and was shocked when I didn't make it though and had no explanation for me. All Pepsi did was talk about how diverse of a company they were and I honestly believe, after seeing who advanced, that was the reason I did not make it to the next round. No hard feelings though, there's a place out there for everyone but Frito Lay is not for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one goal that you did accomplish and how? Then tell me a goal you did not meet and why?   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

Interview

Interview is a behavioral question style interview. Questions included "Give a specific example of a time when you set a goal and were able to achieve it" and "Tell me about a time you delegated a project successfully" and "Describe a time when you had to make a decision that was not popular"

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a very upset customer or coworker"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Sioux Falls, SD) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very long. Posted my resume to Pepsico and was contacted within a week for the phone screen. One week later went on RSR ride a long to learn that aspect of the job. Second phone interview followed the RSR ride and a scheduled ride with a DSL was scheduled this is as much an illumination of what you responsabilities as a DSL will be as it is a third interview. A third phone interview was conducted the next day as well as scheduling a face to face interview with the Zone Leader the following month. After the interview with the Zone Leader I was scheduled s phone interview with the Senior Director of Sales and Marketing. One week later I was tendered a job offer contingent with passing the background check and drug test. The questions asked are normal for this level of management. How do you organize your day. How well do you think you will fit in the culture. Describe a difficult situation you were in and your resolution. How would you handle a problem employee. In answering the questions I used an iron man argumentative approach. In some cases I didn't really answer the question asked as much as direct the conversation where I wanted it to ho - the mark of a true salesman... Advice, be yourself, be honest, be awesome!

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have faced as a salesman and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated mid range salary. Salary is 52,000 - 87,000 DOE. Negotiated full relocation package and area of operation.

District Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2014.

Interview

Upcoming college graduates applying for this position--unless you have an extremely impressive resume, it's not worth the shot. However, it was a good experience but a VERY LONG process and in my opinion, not worth. First Interview: An HR recruiter immediately contacted me and we had a very easy phone interview. Next Step: I had to complete a tedious assessment test online. If your results came out good, you made it to the second interview. Second Interview: Had a conference call with two HR reps and they asked me a ton of questions about my leadership. They seemed more interested in my leadership skills than my sales experience. They also asked me a lot of questions about myself. Third Interview: Put me up in a hotel and flew me in for my third interview. I met with an RSR and went out on a route at 5:30am. Then met up with DSL leaders and had the opportunity to ask them questions. Then I had an interview with the Zone Sales Leader. Final Interview: Video conference with the Regional VP. After the long process they had strung me along as if I would get the job. But when I spoke with the Regional VP he was unimpressed that I had no internships. The interview pretty much ended after he asked me about internships. Then he told me there were several other candidates they are looking at and he would get back to me. It's been two weeks and I still haven't heard from them. I'm assuming I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight forward. Nothing surprising. They asked a lot about conflicts you've had in the workplace and how you addressed them.   Answer Question