PepsiCo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales District Leader Interview

Sales District Leader
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details – Completed first interview on campus at my University. Then was flown to Atlanta, Ga for 4 follow up interviews. Though interviews went pretty well and was told a final decision would be made the next day. Did not hear back for a couple of days and was told I had to go through one final interview. The process wasn't too difficult; however, they were really slow in making decisions and keeping me informed in the process.

Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PepsiCo in September 2013.

Interview Details – Submit Cover Letter and Resume on the Pepsico site, then if chosen you are asked to complete an hour long online assessment within 5 days. If you pass the assessment, then HR reaches out to you via email to set up a phone interview
1st Step: 30 min phone interview with HR Manager ( ask you about your resume, leadership experience, why frito lay and etc) if chosen beyond this point, you find out within 5 to 7 days
2nd Step: Route Ride along with a sales representative to see what they do, and then an interview with a district sales leader and the zone sales leader
( if you pass this stage you find out via email within a day or so)
3rd and final step are back to back interviews with 2 members of frito lay's regions business team (HR Director, Sr Sales Director and etc)

If you pass all steps, then they make you a conditional offer ( mine was the very next day) via phone call and email. THEN, after you pass an extensive background check, mvr/hair follicle/and physical test, they contact with your orientation date.

This was a LONG PROCESS ( 2+ Months)

Interview Question – All questions asked are already on INDEED. They want to know all your leadership skills and capabilities. They want to be impressed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was great

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews and luncheon.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a problem and came away with positive results.   View Answer

Sales District Leader Interview

Midland, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2013.

Interview Details – This position was earlier known as "Territory Sales Manager" but now in a harmonization effort has acquired a new title hence, SDL (Sales District Leader)

1st step - Online application (Standard to most companies)
2nd Step - Telephone Screener (self schedule option available in most cases) (Very basic)
3rd Step - Face to Face Interview (Standard questions, basic exploring questions and then 3-4 behavior based questions). Its important to know the Pepsi Leadership Model to ace the Behavioral questions. Fairly easy though.

I love the company, awesome people. impeccable, down-to-earth humble management. Truly supportive and team based culture. Light years ahead of its primary competition (Coca-Cola, whom I have also worked for).

Job Specific: The job itself is very challenging though. Can make or break your career depending on which location/manager you work for. Very limited training opportunities especially if you get hired at a busy location, you will be held accountable for numerous KPIs from day 1 with little or no training. Very Very fast paced plus not much training support. Depending on location, you could be wearing multiple hats, doing job of multiple functions. (hence working 7 days a week plus evenings if you cater to Large Format Customers)

In summary, Love the company, love the job but work 7 long days a week.

Interview Question – A set of behavioral questions like
1. Give examples from the past how you overcame difficult relationships with annoyed customers
2. Sell yourself in a minute or less
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation. Pay standard across company but varies depending on market (Cost of living differential)

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2011.

Interview Details – University of Arizona and Arizona State grads were recruited for this position. If initial interest is taken then you are invited to a lunch/dinner with other candidates where the process is explained in fine detail (seems a lot more personable then an information session). After the dinner, and if still interested, candidate applies and then has their first interview within 2 weeks which is a face to face interview lasting an hour. If successful, the 2nd and 3rd interview take place the same day with HR and with senior level management. Upon review and if you are deemed to be a fit to culture and the position they will get you an offer. They expect you to work anywhere from 50-60 hours a week for a flat salary of $52k. If one does the math it seems as if they are better off working for another company at an hourly rate equating to $30k a year only because with the 10-20 hours of overtime you can achieve the same financial compensation. However, if one realizes that the company, its people, and the opportunities are viewed as equivocal factors to income, then its a win-win situation.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a deadline that wasn't realistic, what did you do, and what was the end result   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation as the set salary for campus recruits was set at a solid $52

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of three 20 minute interviews with 3 different people from different parts of the company. They all asked the same type of questions based on leadership, motivating people, and situation, action, result scenarios. I stayed consistent with my outlook on leadership and used different examples for each person. I also did not wear a tie and this worked perfectly because they were all dressed more business casual.

Interview Question – Describe a situation you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did want to work in North Carolina.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2011.

Interview Details – Basic interview style: walk me through your resume, work experience, etc. They also asked about leadership roles and strengths/weaknesses.

Interview Question – Explain a project that you have led.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2011.

Interview Details – I found the interview online with Pepsi Co Jobs. I was first asked a couple initial interview questions over the phone and then contacted through email to take a personality assessment. They usually cannot hire you unless you've "passed" the assessment. After that you are brought in to the closest district office and interview with several different people. I had 4 round interviews with a recruiter, managers and other HR staff. After that they extend an conditional job offer through email. You have to go meet with the zone leader that you'd be working with and then pass a background check and a hair follicle drug test.

Interview Question – Why have you interested in food sales?   Answer Question

District Sales Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details – Had a phone screening interview initially and then had a route ride-along with an RSR. After that I interviewed with a ZSL who this position reports to. After that was a final interview which was about 2 days long; only 1 day of interviews, the 2nd day was activities to meet people and get to know the company. It took a couple weeks after that final interview until I had the offer letter in hand.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when safety was an issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

District Sales Leader

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2009.

Interview Details – First you go through a "ride along" with a route sales rep. Then you have your first interview. Then you have a second and possibly a third interview in a panel setting. Then a final interview with an RVP. Then you take a personality test, complete a drug screen and backround check. Then an offer is presented based on the outcome of these results.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is not really an option.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PepsiCo

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo District Sales Leader interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees and interview candidates.