PepsiCo

3.3

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in November 2011.

University of Arizona and Arizona State grads were recruited for this position. If initial interest is taken then you are invited to a lunch/dinner with other candidates where the process is explained in fine detail (seems a lot more personable then an information session). After the dinner, and if still interested, candidate applies and then has their first interview within 2 weeks which is a face to face interview lasting an hour. If successful, the 2nd and 3rd interview take place the same day with HR and with senior level management. Upon review and if you are deemed to be a fit to culture and the position they will get you an offer. They expect you to work anywhere from 50-60 hours a week for a flat salary of $52k. If one does the math it seems as if they are better off working for another company at an hourly rate equating to $30k a year only because with the 10-20 hours of overtime you can achieve the same financial compensation. However, if one realizes that the company, its people, and the opportunities are viewed as equivocal factors to income, then its a win-win situation.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had a deadline that wasn't realistic, what did you do, and what was the end result   Answer Question
There is no negotiation as the set salary for campus recruits was set at a solid $52

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2011.

The interview consisted of three 20 minute interviews with 3 different people from different parts of the company. They all asked the same type of questions based on leadership, motivating people, and situation, action, result scenarios. I stayed consistent with my outlook on leadership and used different examples for each person. I also did not wear a tie and this worked perfectly because they were all dressed more business casual.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question

I did want to work in North Carolina.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2011.

I found the interview online with Pepsi Co Jobs. I was first asked a couple initial interview questions over the phone and then contacted through email to take a personality assessment. They usually cannot hire you unless you've "passed" the assessment. After that you are brought in to the closest district office and interview with several different people. I had 4 round interviews with a recruiter, managers and other HR staff. After that they extend an conditional job offer through email. You have to go meet with the zone leader that you'd be working with and then pass a background check and a hair follicle drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2011.

Basic interview style: walk me through your resume, work experience, etc. They also asked about leadership roles and strengths/weaknesses.

Sales District Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in June 2010.

Total of 4 interviews-- 2 phone interviews with HR Manager and HR Director, followed by interview with a Director and then a VP. You will also go through a drug test, background test, and also an online personality test, which is timed.

Interview Questions
    • If I called your best friend to ask for feedback about your weaknesses, what do you think he/she would tell me?   Answer Question
    • Why would a customer prefer Pepsi over Coca Cola?   Answer Question
    • Please name our top 10 competitiors   Answer Question
    10% of initial offer increase.

District Sales Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Had a phone screening interview initially and then had a route ride-along with an RSR. After that I interviewed with a ZSL who this position reports to. After that was a final interview which was about 2 days long; only 1 day of interviews, the 2nd day was activities to meet people and get to know the company. It took a couple weeks after that final interview until I had the offer letter in hand.

No negotiation

District Sales Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in August 2010.

I applied online and shortly after was asked to complete an online "assessment" test. Following this I had a short phone interview which pretty much consisted of finding out if I understood the position, this was followed by a route ride along. After spending 12 hours following an RSR on his route, I had a "conference call" interview with two others. They have scripted interview questions that they all ask, but they also asked more customized questions based on my experience. After getting through the phone interview, I went to their head quarters and had an interview with the Zone Sales leader.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Frito Lay?   View Answer
    • What is a challenge you have faced at work or school and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2010.

Interview process was straight forward, yet friendly.There were questions about leadership experience. You could tell that they are a results oriented-company, so life/work balance could be an issue. The job itself, sounded rewarding, yet challenging.

Interview Questions

I wasnt interested in the cities they were offering.

District Sales Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in December 2009.

I got my first interview with Frito-Lay through my Career Center on campus. The first interview was basically a joke. I was so nervous but it turned out to be very laid back and the guy who interviewed me basically just talked about himself and the company the whole time. When I mentioned something about the internship I completed over the summer, he was confused and looked down at my resume and then said "I'm sorry I haven't even looked at this thing!" Wow. At the end, he asked me if I understood the position and if I was still interested. I said yes and I was moved onto the next interview. Next, I had a phone interview. It was very simple and asked general questions about my resume and experience. I got through to the next part of the interview process which was a route ride with a route sales rep. I had a good time with the guy and he really showed me the ins and outs of his job. That was probably the most beneficial part of the interview process because he showed me exactly who I'd be managing if I got the job. After the route ride, I probably had at least 3 more phone interviews. It was absolutely ridiculous to be honest. I was asked the exact same questions in every interview. In the end, I was asked to participate in a final interview in Birmingham, AL. They paid for all of my expenses and put me in a hotel for the night. I went through two pretty intense interviews in Birmingham and it was about a week or two before I heard back from them. A woman called me and told me that they weren't ready to make a decision about me yet and that they would give me another call back at the beginning of February to tell me their final decision (whether or not they were going to hire me). I have never heard back from Frito-Lay since then. I think that is a little ridiculous.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you held a leadership position. What was the position? What did you accomplish?   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2009.

I went through roughly 3 phone interviews with various HR members. THen I met an HR director, sales director, and safety director. After all that, I met with the group VP and regional VP. THe interview process wasn't too intense as they were all extremely friendly and made me feel at home.

-Tell me about yourself
    -How would you sell me this cell phone?
    -How do you feel that our product is making Americans obese?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to work in a team   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you made a decision that didn't go so well and what did you do   Answer Question