PepsiCo

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2012.

Interview Details – The position was for a summer internship at a Gatorade bottling facility. I initially met the recruiter at a university career fair. The first interview was scheduled for the next day on campus. It lasted 30 minutes and was with two recruiters. All questions were behavior based. I was contacted via email in about a week to offer me a second interview that would be later that week. The second interview was broken into three parts. The first part was a presentation style interview. It was with the 'Leadership Team' which consisted of seven people higher up in the company with various positions. Also present were two other job candidates that had to present after me. This was the first time I had to interview with so many people and it was a little awkward having people competing for the same position watching me. I was not told this was part of the interview process, but in all fairness, I did not ask. I was told what topics I should focus on while introducing myself. My resume was projected onto a screen behind me and I was asked to describe myself and why I thought I would be a good fit for the position. The leadership team then asked me questions stemming from my presentation. I then sat through the presentations of the other two candidates. This portion lasted approximately one hour. The second part was a sit down interview with just myself and two Pepsi employees. All questions were behavior based. This portion lasted 30 minutes. The third part was a tour of the bottling facility where we had the opportunity to see the plant in action and ask questions. In all, I was on site for about five hours. I was emailed in about two weeks to let me know that I had not been selected for the position.

Interview Question – When has there been a process change you've been involved with and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Plano, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of three separate interviews with separate managers and associates and a tour of Frito-Lay's Plano, TX headquarters. The interviews mostly focused on past experiences, future career goals, personality and coursework. Each of the interviewers was very personable and open to answering questions that I had. Frito-Lay also did a great portraying the positive working environment and culture that they have and giving you the impression that it would a place that you would enjoy working.

Interview Question – Describe a time whenever you had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined a position with Frito-Lay because I had received an offer from another company.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!