PepsiCo Full Time Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2014

1.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Applied online. Within 2 days received an email to schedule interview. 3 days later came the interview. Was told there was only one job opening and lots of candidates. Interview went well, after two days received an email updating stating I was currently being under consideration. 5 days letter received a contingent offer. Next day did my drug screen and background. 2 days later got a call from HR saying my background and drug screen came back good. And gave me a start date.

Interview Questions
  • What new skill have you learned from your current or previous job?   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you were in a stressful situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Merchandiser Full/Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

I applied online – interviewed at PepsiCo in September 2014.

The Phone Interviewing process was quite fast for me took about 1 week. I first applied and now phone interview on 9/16;2014 today is 9/12/2014. Now I'm waiting and will update further in the interview process.

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at PepsiCo.

I started out as a Part-Time Merchandiser before applying the Full Time Merchandiser (FTM) job. After applying for the job on June 23rd and taking the assessment test, a District Sales Leader (DSL) assigned me to do a ride along with a RSR (Route Sales Representative) in their 18 foot semi truck and would go and service all their assigned stores within the city/zone limit for the whole day (On the 3rd of July). So when you are with the RSR, you observe what they do when they are at each gas station/target/ convenience stores. The RSR will give you some pointers on how to do the job and what to expect from the job. Do not stay on your cell phone all day and act like you can care less, you would not have a follow up interview if the RSR think you would not be suitable for the job. You can give the RSR a hand if you want to learn more and have some 'hands on' experience and get done quicker. After you finished the ride along with the RSR, the DSL would ask him/her if the candidate is qualified for the job, if the RSR says yes, then you made it to the first step.

After that, two DSLs would lead you to a conference room and they would start the interview. They both have a packet with them and it has interview questions: Why Frito Lay? Tell me a time when you help out on a customer till they were satisfied. Please note, they do warn you that when you answer their questions, there would be awkward silences as they write down your answer on their packet word by word so there is a 1-2 minute of silence between each question.

You would get a call in about two weeks if you get the second interview (mine was on July 11th). You would get a call saying the Sale Zone Director would like to have an interview with you. You agreed on a time and come to the interview with a shirt and tie. When you have the second interview, make sure you answer the same questions as you did with the first interview. The interviewer will also have your answers in front of you and instead of asking the same question, they would look it over and comment on it, e.g. "I see that you have experience in this field", and you should know what to do from there. After the interview, they would tell you that they would call you within two weeks if you got the job (I was notified on July 18th). After they tell you that you have been hired, the call ask you to meet with them so you can grab the drug test form that is already paid for, and will send you the designated location to get your required drug test (they pull out strings of your hair, not pee in the cup, just so you have been forewarned!) If you pass the drug test, you would have a class session among with other hired candidates. The Drug takes at most two days to get the results back.

During the group session, the Sales Associate Zone Assistant is the instructor. Now, you have to go through a lot of process: You and among other hired candidates have to do a lot of paper work, union paperwork, your required iphone 4s to clock in your hours, how to clock in your hours, mileage, your field trip requirement (You will be compensated for everything in the field trip:contracts, talk about benefits, etc. After the session is over, they would give you information about your trainer for the first two weeks of training. During week one and week two, your trainer will evaluate on your performance and improvement. At the end of the second week, a DSL would certified you. Then it's the field trip requirement! After that following week, you are in your assigned route all on your own. So from Applying from June 23rd to start my training on July 27th, then going to a field trip from August 11th-15th, then officially having an assigned Merchandising route on the week of August 17th, it takes about a month to start your training after applying and being interviewed, then 3 weeks of training, it takes a LONG time for all that to process out.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are not difficult at all, they ask your basic questions like any other company would.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

I applied online – interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2014.

Filled out an online application, a week later received an email to set up a 1:1 interview. After setting up the interview you receive conformation. Face to face interview only took about 15min, then your you'll to check your application status in week.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions about customer service abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online – interviewed at PepsiCo.

Screening phone interview. Set up an appointment for a in-person interview right away. The next day I was called and asked to reschedule.

When I arrived for the in-person interview there were multiple people waiting for an interview as well. It was very unorganized. The people conducting interviews decided that it was a good idea to take a meeting right in the middle of interviews so a few of us were waiting for quite a while – about 45 minutes before we interviewed. The interview was very short – only about 5 minutes. He basically gave me a run down of what the job entails and asked if I was willing do do that, I said yes.

He then informed me that I would have to schedule a 'ride-along' sometime during the week. They do this to find out if people have what it takes to do the job. I didn't have a problem with this because I wanted the job. I have done this in previous jobs only to a smaller extent. The 'ride-along' that i scheduled I later found out was an 8-10 hour excursion with one of the employees. It was from 3AM-??? (They didn't know how long his shifts were but knew it was somewhere from 8-10 hours).

I was told from another employee that I would be expected to work along side the employee during this ride along to prove that I wanted to job and so they could see how well I worked. I decided to call back and decline the offer because after all this was for a chance at a second interview with a panel – not a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

I applied online – interviewed at PepsiCo.

I applied online and about 3 weeks later I received an email stating that they would like me to schedule a phone interview which i promptly did. I then received the phone "interview" which was nothing more than answering about 5-6 yes or no questions that basically verified information about the position. The entire call lasted about 2 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I had all of the qualifications for the position and was extremely disappointed when i was not contacted for a face to face interview after I was told they felt I had the qualifications for the position?!? I received an email about a week later stating the position was "no longer available". Interesting to say the least.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in June 2012.

3 strengths, weaknesses, describe how you handled a conflict