PepsiCo HR Manager Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

HR Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in July 2010.

My first communication with the company was very positive and inspiring. I was almost thinking that what they were telling me may not be true about the upbeat and innovative "culture" of such a large company. It was very obvious from the moment my on-site interview began that the initial sales pitch I was hearing from the recruiters was an honest reflection of how the teams were operating.

My interview process consisted of 3 interviews of which one was on the phone.

The people interviewing me seemed to be as concerned about my thoughts of fitting is as they were my qualifications for the job. This was really a big decision factor for me because I felt like they were looking at me as a potential team member rather than just another hire.

The interview wasn't terribly difficult but did consist of some tough questions that forced me to commit to responses and share my experiences in a way that I was very accountable to decisions and actions taken in the past on projects. While I thought this was tough initially, after 7 months with the company I can appreciate the approach as it reflects accurately the level of independence and accountability is allowed the management teams within the company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you were able to successfully manage a project through tough obstacles. Walk us through your decision making process and reasoning around your actions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

F2F competency-based interview, numerical teat, group interview, case-study and role play

No negotiations

HR Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo in July 2009.

Approached directly by a member of the Recruitment team. Came in for an initial informal interview/discussion to find out more about the role and was impressed with the lady that interviewed me. Was invited back for a full assessment (Case Study, 2 x Interviews, Psychometrics tests and a Role Play exercise. Revieved an offer that evening, and accepted the following day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about someone you consider to be mentor figure. What is it about the way they behave that makes them particuarly valuable for you?   Answer Question
    They positioned their offer as non-negotiable, but we'd had the discussion about expectations upfront and I was happy with the offer.