PepsiCo

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview was performed by an HR rep and the purpose was to get a feel for the candidate and asked questions about previous work experiences and any other activity involvement. The second interview was on site, which also included a tour of the facility. All prospective intern and permanent job candidates were also brought in to learn more about Frito Lay operations. The interview was performed by two managers. They already had a list behavioral questions prepared and wrote responses accordingly. The final interview, which was about a couple of weeks later was just to gain more personal information about you and was performed by an HR rep. After that, you should receive a letter in the mail and/or an email with their decision.

Interview Question – They were all behavioral questions so they were along the lines of: Give an example of a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker or group member and tell us how you resolved that conflict. Another question dealt with how do effectively communicate your ideas to the team and how do you respond when your ideas are not taken into consideration?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PepsiCo in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was a mix of personal and technical questions.

Interview Question – Identify the three stabilizers in the product provided and why we use all three, rather than just one.   Answer Question

Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PepsiCo in September 2013.

Interview Details – Basic interview. It was 2 on 1 and was asked situational questions.

Interview Question – Was prepared for all questions   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got an email a few days after talking to them at career fair. Interviewed by 2 ladies, on campus a few weeks later, as the initial round.

Interview Question – When was a time when you had to persuade someone to do something?
Describe a conflict you had with someone and how you resolved it.
  Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details – I interviewed for an internship position in manufacturing. I applied through campus career services and got accepted for a first round interview. The interview was a 2:1, 30 minute session with two senior management guys. They were very friendly and looked interested in what I had to say. Overall, the difficulty of the interview was normal. 3-4 traditional questions and 5 behavioural questions, nothing out of the ordinary. For every question the interviewers gave me some context/background to help me out.

Some questions I remember are:
-Tell us about a time when you worked in a team and you had to step up as the leader.
-Tell us about a conflict you faced as a team, and how you helped to solve it.
-How would you manage a team in a manufacturing plant?
-Walk us through your weekly schedule.
-What are your hobbies?
-Tell us about yourself.

I got invited to a second on-site interview, but I had to respectfully decline due to personal reasons.

Interview Question – How would you manage a team in a manufacturing plant?   Answer Question

Interviewed at PepsiCo

Interview Details – I met the interviewer at a career fair, talked to him, got an initial interview. I thought I did well in the interview, but never heard back. They asked typical behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions. Describe a time when you faced adversity and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Plano, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PepsiCo in September 2013.

Interview Details – I met them at a job fair, attended an info-session, and the signup for interviews was pretty open to all engineering majors. There were two interviews, both held on campus. An initial interview with one team member from the college recruit team, and a second interview at a later late (approx 2 months later) with two interviewers. I was contacted the same day after my first interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time whenever you had to prioritize a set of events in order to achieve a goal. How did choose how to prioritize these events and how did the way you prioritized them help you to achieve your goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple. They are very excited to have you on once you go through the interview process. I was very satisfied with the pay they agreed to.

Interviewed at PepsiCo

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview. 2. Panel Interview.

Kind of straightforward interview questions. Talk about your experience and how/what you will bring into the organization. Questions about Ethical behavior, behavioral and academic knowledge.

Negotiation Details – On-boarding took an extra 2-3 weeks before starting.

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo in September 2012.

Interview Details – They came to my University at a career fair. They wanted you to submit your resume. As long as you had a GPA of 3.0 then you would automatically get an interview. The lady interviewed students and it was really great.

Interview Question – They were all pretty great questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another internship

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details – I was brought in to the plant about a month after submitting my resume at a college career fair. I was surrounded by chemical engineers and seemed to be interviewed for a mechanical engineering position (I'm an electrical engineer). Each of us was interviewed by two people (HR & technical) - one of mine was brought in that morning and seemed unprepared. He admitted not knowing what to ask me (because he didn't know anything regarding electrical engineering) and seemed bored.. Besides the technical questions, I got the typical personality questions (tell me about a difficult situation, 3 words that describe you, signs of leadership - describe a situation, etc.).

We were shown around the plant, fed, and given a goody bag. They definitely tried to make us feel welcomed.

Interview Question – How does a refrigerator and/or cooler work?   Answer Question

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!