PepsiCo Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
640 interviews

2.8

Sales Interview

I went through a course of 3 interviews. All of the interview had a majority of behavioral questions and leadership experience questions. Pretty standard questions, nothing caught me off guard.

Interview Questions
    • What most do you like about PepsiCo that makes you want to work here?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in May 2014.

Except for a long delay between the face to face interview and the offer, the process went well. I applied on the company website after seeing it on LinkedIn. I was contacted within a week about setting up a phone interview. From there, I was brought in just a few weeks later. Then due to other interviewing internal candidates and managers traveling, the offer was delayed by 4 - 5 weeks. There wasn't much communication in that time. I called several times a week to seek an update.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. Everything was reasonable.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating on the salary. I did get an extra week of vacation

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2014.

Very laid back interview. Asked the normal questions for jobs that deal with customers/sales. " Name a certain time when I went above and beyond in order to satisfy a customer". Similar questions like what I could provide that other interviewees could not provide. Very non-threatening interview.

Very easy

Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at PepsiCo.

A previous associate had recommended me for a position. The management team was assertive in following up with me to interview. The process included multiple rounds of phone and face to face interviews ending with a dinner with 2 levels of management.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to exceed the positions goals today?   Answer Question
    Things that were outside of "norm" (ie. vacation time) were verbally agreed with managers because it would not be documented with HR.

Scientist Interview

Phone interview set by email. Followed by onsite invitation sent by email. Poor HR coordination of interview. I was served lunch alone in a conference room. One interviewer decided to Google me while I sat in front of him. The other interviewers were not very friendly either, almost seemed disinterested.

Interview Questions
    • most questions based off resume. How would you make this product low fat or what alternative sweetener would you put in this product?   View Answer

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Shreveport, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

I interviewed online - interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2014.

Filled out an online application, a week later received an email to set up a 1:1 interview. After setting up the interview you receive conformation. Face to face interview only took about 15min, then your you'll to check your application status in week.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions about customer service abilities.   Answer Question

Production Sanitizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at PepsiCo in July 2010.

As long as you performed the job previously or have similar experience, you should get hired. Dress formal, no jeans, no gym shoes, positive attitude, and come with a can do attitude.

Warehouse Material Handler Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at PepsiCo.

It was a long process didn't keep you informed with much information told you, you were hired then waited 2-3 weeks before you heard back from them. didn't really inform you on how much of your life would be spent at work they preached work life balance but never really saw it.

Interview Questions
    • if you saw a manger taking product out of warehouse what would you do   View Answer

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at PepsiCo.

I started out as a Part-Time Merchandiser before applying the Full Time Merchandiser (FTM) job. After applying for the job on June 23rd and taking the assessment test, a District Sales Leader (DSL) assigned me to do a ride along with a RSR (Route Sales Representative) in their 18 foot semi truck and would go and service all their assigned stores within the city/zone limit for the whole day (On the 3rd of July). So when you are with the RSR, you observe what they do when they are at each gas station/target/ convenience stores. The RSR will give you some pointers on how to do the job and what to expect from the job. Do not stay on your cell phone all day and act like you can care less, you would not have a follow up interview if the RSR think you would not be suitable for the job. You can give the RSR a hand if you want to learn more and have some 'hands on' experience and get done quicker. After you finished the ride along with the RSR, the DSL would ask him/her if the candidate is qualified for the job, if the RSR says yes, then you made it to the first step.

After that, two DSLs would lead you to a conference room and they would start the interview. They both have a packet with them and it has interview questions: Why Frito Lay? Tell me a time when you help out on a customer till they were satisfied. Please note, they do warn you that when you answer their questions, there would be awkward silences as they write down your answer on their packet word by word so there is a 1-2 minute of silence between each question.

You would get a call in about two weeks if you get the second interview (mine was on July 11th). You would get a call saying the Sale Zone Director would like to have an interview with you. You agreed on a time and come to the interview with a shirt and tie. When you have the second interview, make sure you answer the same questions as you did with the first interview. The interviewer will also have your answers in front of you and instead of asking the same question, they would look it over and comment on it, e.g. "I see that you have experience in this field", and you should know what to do from there. After the interview, they would tell you that they would call you within two weeks if you got the job (I was notified on July 18th). After they tell you that you have been hired, the call ask you to meet with them so you can grab the drug test form that is already paid for, and will send you the designated location to get your required drug test (they pull out strings of your hair, not pee in the cup, just so you have been forewarned!) If you pass the drug test, you would have a class session among with other hired candidates. The Drug takes at most two days to get the results back.

During the group session, the Sales Associate Zone Assistant is the instructor. Now, you have to go through a lot of process: You and among other hired candidates have to do a lot of paper work, union paperwork, your required iphone 4s to clock in your hours, how to clock in your hours, mileage, your field trip requirement (You will be compensated for everything in the field trip:contracts, talk about benefits, etc. After the session is over, they would give you information about your trainer for the first two weeks of training. During week one and week two, your trainer will evaluate on your performance and improvement. At the end of the second week, a DSL would certified you. Then it's the field trip requirement! After that following week, you are in your assigned route all on your own. So from Applying from June 23rd to start my training on July 27th, then going to a field trip from August 11th-15th, then officially having an assigned Merchandising route on the week of August 17th, it takes about a month to start your training after applying and being interviewed, then 3 weeks of training, it takes a LONG time for all that to process out.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are not difficult at all, they ask your basic questions like any other company would.   Answer Question

Builder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abilene, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in May 2010.

applied on line took 30 days total; to get hired the interview was relly chill only asked questions about my previous employer and then offered ne job i accepted and took some time befor ubndergoing the rest of the hirring procces

Interview Questions
    • are you okay with working 12hour shifts   View Answer
    there was none i accepted offer

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!