PepsiCo

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview was a panel. Nice people. Be prepared to answer all the standard behavioral questions. Hardest part of something … tell me about yourself … time you worked in a team, etc.

Also, should have knowledge of brands and advertisement campaigns you've particularly liked or disliked going into the interview

Manufacturing and Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

I met them at a career fair. I then was invited to an interview the next day. The questions were mostly behavioral - describe a time when there was this type of challenge, or when you faced a group problem. Then they told me to come down to the plant to interview. They put me up in a hotel and the next day I took a tour of the plant and started my interviews. I had 3 2:1 interviews, each one took about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • What are your greatest strengths/ weaknesses. There was also a case study.   Answer Question

Sales and Customer Relationship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo.

I applied for the position through my college's career site. In about a week, I received an invitation to apply for an on-campus interview, which lasted for 30 minutes. There were two interviewers in the room to ensure integrity. I received an invitation for a second interview at the company's headquarters about a few days later, but declined.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the biggest issue in the beverage industry?   Answer Question

RSA/RSR Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PepsiCo.

You have to apply online at the website. You start out as a merchandiser or an RSA which is basically someone who covers vacations or open routes. RSA position can be very tough because you are constantly running different route types, schedules and hours but when you get your own route the pay is very, very good for what you do. When you get your own route you become an RSR.

Interview Questions
    • There is about 6 structured questions that they ask first then there's a more open conversational part of the interview that explains the job in more detail. They also do a "route ride" as part of the interview process which allows you to see what an RSA or RSR Does each day which is nice.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo.

Contacted by an HR coordinator for an initial interview, although what surprised me was that he didn't email or leave a message to schedule the phone screen. I had to do it on the spot.

Warehouse Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2015.

Pepsico definitely judges the book by it's cover, they know who they will hire by just looking at them. When I went there, the interviewer did not take any notes, and he tried acting as if the technology they had was too advanced for me or something. I mean even if you are not going to hiring someone don't be a jerk about it. AT THE END OF THE INTERVIEW HE SAID "GOOD LUCK WITH YOU LIFE" the guy was a rude as hell. It's pathetic, I will never buy a pepsi product again based on this experience.

Customer Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2015.

I had a phone interviewer with a PepsiCo recruiter over the phone, then days later had my first interview via GreenJob Interview, then a week later met at a local PepsiCo distribution plant for a face to face interview, and finally had another face to face interview days later.

Interview Questions
    • Many generic behavioral-based questions, where I gave examples from my previous job experience.   View Answer
    There were no negotiations.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2015.

I applied through my university and was invited to interview on campus after about 2 weeks. The process consisted of two back-to-back interviews, with two interviewers in each. The first one was situational with some mini marketing cases. The second was behavioral and involved many in-depth questions about your personal experiences and skills. For the behavioral part, make sure you have many anecdotes to illustrate your skills and the way you approach challenges. The interviewers themselves were extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • What is your current favorite brand of all time? Why?
      What is your favorite PepsiCo brand? Why?
      How would you convince a lifelong Coke-drinker to switch over to Pepsi?

Answer Question

Carrier Manager Interview

first is the one way interview. They were all behavior questions in one way interview. then they called for a phone interview wanted to know the previous working experience & set up a on site interview with six people. They explained the opening and asked all the questions related to the opening.

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo.

It was a panel style interview. There were two people that were there and read scripted questions. Best to give in depth answers. There may have been five or six questions in all. Went fairly quick though.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had an upset customer, why were they upset and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.