PepsiCo Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.8

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PepsiCo (Baton Rouge, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online last week and had a phone interview on 7/2/2015. I did well and she scheduled me a face to face for this morning. Man I tell you they were kind of unprofessional. I sat in the lobby and the guy asked me what I was here for with a puzzled look. I said I have a 10:00am interview. Minutes later another comes and brings me in a room to watch a video that lasted 12 mins. Then he asked me some interview questions. It went fast and then came the physical exercise. But they didn't have it in a pallet...it was on a roll cart. I was kinda of worried cause I prepared to use the pallet Jack. But I roles the cart near the shelf that had 4 shelves. I was given a planogram sheet that showed 2 rows of Pepsi, 1 row of Dier Pepsi, 1 row of Sierra Mist and 1 row of Mt Dew. It didn't even have enough product to fully complete the exercise. They were to lazy to have a pallet Jack and enough bottles. They half did everything that was required to do my exercise correctly. I'm a biracial female around 5'2 130lbs...I think they wants taking it seriously cause they don't think I'm capable of performing the job. And I'm 23. But have worked overnight stocking and freight for 2 years at Target. I'm more than capable and I work out lift weights and all about 5-6 days a week. I just hope I get back from them. If I don't I know it's discrimination--sexist a least.

Interview Questions

• What knowledge level of technology do you have and how have you used it?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

The interview process was grueling - met with multiple people each time. Total of two or three interviews including a case study (test). The process itself took almost three months from start to finish.

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PepsiCo (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Gathered n room with 9 other people. Told we had all passed the sales test we took online. 6 were called into another room, I was last to b interviewed. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• When last time you lifted 15 lbs or more? Do have problem bending stooping? Why Frito lay?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a little

Warehouse Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PepsiCo (South Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

First I had the phone interview and it went smooth, they sent out an email letting me know when my second interview was. They said wear pants and tennis shoes. Let me tell you how unethical that is. In phoenix its at least a buck o five everyday. The hands on activity was outside and they didn't warn you about staying hydrated because no one knew it would be outside. Since the hands on activity is 90% of the interview process if you slow down because you are over heating in this Arizona weather you don't get the job. I'm not from Arizona so I felt like they should have told me. Bad experience didn't get it.

Manufacturing Resource Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Binghamton, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took about three weeks. Met with an HR intern at a career fair. A few days later she called to ask qualification questions and set up a half hour interview with one Business Unit Leader and herself. Started with introductions and then just a couple of behavioral interview questions. Then she called next week to call me in for the second phase which included a presentation, site tour and interviews with three business unit leaders. Interviews were semi formal. HR called a few days later to tell me I wasn't the perfect match.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something did not go as planned how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Sales Representative/Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo (South Florida, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Easy over the first interview then second interview in person either offer you the job then fairly simple nice personnel . Great environment tour of facility watched a video of the position. Then proceeded to the interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable set as is

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Many different rounds that consisted of many different types of interviews. It was a long process that had me going back and forth for months. Started off with easy on-campus interview, then continued to an on-site all day interview with other applicants. After that interview i was invited to a 2 day interview at one of their big locations; there were 4 different rounds of interviews that included role-play, behavioral and situational as well as a presentation. Overall the people were very friendly and made me feel comfortable during all of the interviews but I was just not what they were looking for. It was disappointing after all of the time spent but it was great interview and learning experience.

Route Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Appleton, WI).

Interview

Management was very easy going, easy to talk to, and you interviewed with two people. It was a good experience. They gave me a chance when I had no experience. The interview was done in the boardroom and we all fed off of each others questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had any Class B driving experience, or a class B driver's license. They also asked why I was interested in working for Pepsi. They wanted to know if lifting up to 75 pounds is going to be a difficulty.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Like PhD qualify exam, asking food chemistry questions and other food science related questions. Never had this kind of interview before. For example, they asked water activity, Browning reaction and main steps.

Interview Questions

• What's happening in the oven during baking?   1 Answer

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Newport News, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online about a week later got an e mail for the phone inverview went well she said she needed to get the managers schedule and I'd get an e mail to schedule another week or so goes by I get the e mail with only one date and time how convenient but I made arrangements anyway got to the plant for the interview watched a video then on to the physical assessment which was pretty much outside in 90 degree weather I sweat a lot obviously but thought I did well I was stopped right before going back to get the last soda type for the display which he changed mid demonstration (in total I had moved nearly 50 two liters both as single bottles and in shells of 8 on and off pallets and onto a display rack) I did not quit or complain was asked if I wanted to continue said yes he asked me about 3 questions told me all about the job the hours etc. even said its hard work but nothing I can't handle and that If selected to move forward I would be getting an e mail to set up a drug test so I left feeling pretty good today is the day after I haven't gotten any e mails but upon checking the status it states I have been blocked from applying and although my resume is impressive blah blah blah they have selected candidates that more closely match.... Keep in mind all of my jobs have been retail dealing directly with merchandising I have a B.S. In fashion merchandising consumables and apparel are two different things but merchandising is merchandising I honestly feel I was discriminated against because I am a young women who doesn't appear to be as physically fit as men who may have applied. Although I haven't gotten the official rejection e mail its on the site so I'm taking it for face value big waste of time.