PepsiCo

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.8

Sales Interview

You basically just had a phone interview, followed by an interview in the office, all basic questions, you just need to prepare all of the basic behavioral questions and have answers to them

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were in a difficult situation and prevailed?   View Answer

Operations Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beloit, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beloit, WI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo.

Got an interview on campus from the campus recruiting program and was called back for an on-site interview a week later. Standard behavioral questions: conflict resolution, problem solving, leadership. Were mostly looking for leadership skills. Those who got hired had the most leadership experience or communicated their leadership skills most effectively. Two, two on one interviews, plant tour, and lunch. All travel expenses reimbursed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time something did not go as planned how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo.

They like to have about 4 people interview you on the same day so it can be a bit taxing but if you take your time and present yourself well it won't be too bad.

Product Development Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Applied online numerous times for openings on their outdated and cryptic hiring portal (in 2012). Finally received a phone call (screen), talked for a bit about my experience, then learned about the role they were looking to fill.

Was called for an in person interview, however this took 1 month to schedule due to the centralized process of an HR person downtown Chicago scheduling time with 5 managers in Barrington (1+ hours away) for each interview slot. This person held no regard for my time to the point of rudeness, making her problems my problems, as I was currently employed and could only be available certain days. We found common ground and decided on a day after 5 back-and-forth exchanges, with a period of 2 weeks of radio silence.

Arrived for the interview and chatted with 4 managers and 1 director. Each had a list of prescribed, required questions, but then quickly got to the point asking about my experiences and how I would tackle problems.

Interview Questions
    • None asked. I wasn't pressured by any means to respond perfectly or correctly to anything, most questions were prodding to ask how I would approach problems, or how I had in the past. Very down to earth.   View Answer
    No negotiations possible. I was told base salary and vacation time allowed (meager 2 weeks), and that I had 48 hours to decide.

Supply Chain Campus Development Program - Supply Chain Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

I applied after meeting reps at a career fest on campus. Two days later I got a call and a follow up email letting me know I was selected for a first round interview. The interview went well but I wasn't sure how well I did. I got a call a 1/2 week later telling me I was selected for the second round and would be flown to a regional headquarters for two days. Flew down, got put up in a hotel, had a nice dinner with HR reps and new hires (and about 30 other candidates), after the dinner there was a very realistic panel discussion with the new hires giving us the opportunity to ask 'real' questions that we couldn't around HR. The next morning there was a plant tour, 3 rounds of interviews with different pairs of managers, and a 'resume review' where our resume was projected on a screen in front of 8 of the other candidates and two managers and we had to present to them running through our resume's highlights. Honestly I had a great experience regardless of whether I got the position, I think I learned a lot and got a new perspective on the beverage industry.

Interview Questions
    • "You're a production manager and a shipping manager tells you he needs more space in the warehouse where you typically store your raw material (syrup in this case) for the allocation of high traffic finished goods. The only space large enough to store your raw material is very far in the back of the warehouse (I would infer causing a deficiency in the picking of said raw materials). How would you resolve the situation?"   View Answer

Supply Chain Operations Associate Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo.

Applied via my University career website and was granted an interview within a couple weeks. The first interview was fairly challenging with very specific questions involving job experience, leadership experience, etc. Was then granted a plant tour, followed by a request to fly to Phoenix for "2nd round" interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a lingering problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

RSR Route Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

It takes an on line knowledge test after which you go through a group interview of two or three district managers who asked questions on situations and past work experience that involves taking passionate care of an irate customer.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiations, the salary for the position is already established,no more no less.

Suppy Chain Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

One on campus interview followed by an on sight interview. The interview was fairly simple. The questions were typical interview questions. The interview took about 10min.

Interview Questions
    • 3 Questions, Describe a situation of disagreement with your boss. Describe a situation in which you had to prioritize tasks. Describe a situation where communication was a problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

A very long process. First talked to recruiter on campus. Had 1st real interview on campus about 3 weeks later. Lots of personality type questions and what would you do in this situation type of questions. A few weeks later was invited to a location about 4 hours away. They paid for everything. It was a two day event with a dinner discussion and then interviews and tour the following day.

Supply Chain Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

On campus recruit. You were either interviewed with two managers or a manager and human resource personnel. The atmosphere is not intimidating and the questions they ask are very basic. Overall there were six questions for 30 minutes and you needed to conquer them by demonstrating leadership skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you lead a difficult project   Answer Question