PepsiCo Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Interviews started with HR screen, then I came in a few weeks later and had 2 one hour interviews back to back with some senior leaders on the team. There were a few positions open, but they had about 15 candidates alone for that day. The first guy only sat with me for 30 minutes and just had me waiting around. I didn't have CPG experience, but I had a strong finance and leadership background. I don't think he was interested at all in me and clearly showed that. The next interviewer was very nice and down to earth and we chatted back and forth the whole hour

Interview Questions

• How would you be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with other departments on a project or task   Answer Question

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Baton Rouge, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online last week and had a phone interview on 7/2/2015. I did well and she scheduled me a face to face for this morning. Man I tell you they were kind of unprofessional. I sat in the lobby and the guy asked me what I was here for with a puzzled look. I said I have a 10:00am interview. Minutes later another comes and brings me in a room to watch a video that lasted 12 mins. Then he asked me some interview questions. It went fast and then came the physical exercise. But they didn't have it in a pallet...it was on a roll cart. I was kinda of worried cause I prepared to use the pallet Jack. But I roles the cart near the shelf that had 4 shelves. I was given a planogram sheet that showed 2 rows of Pepsi, 1 row of Dier Pepsi, 1 row of Sierra Mist and 1 row of Mt Dew. It didn't even have enough product to fully complete the exercise. They were to lazy to have a pallet Jack and enough bottles. They half did everything that was required to do my exercise correctly. I'm a biracial female around 5'2 130lbs...I think they wants taking it seriously cause they don't think I'm capable of performing the job. And I'm 23. But have worked overnight stocking and freight for 2 years at Target. I'm more than capable and I work out lift weights and all about 5-6 days a week. I just hope I get back from them. If I don't I know it's discrimination--sexist a least.

Interview Questions

• What knowledge level of technology do you have and how have you used it?   1 Answer

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online-Got an email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview- basic work related questions, took maybe 15 mins Face to Face interview-watched a video, did some work related exercise and then did an interview. The work exercise was a complete joke, wanted me to put pepsi bottles on a shelf for 15 mins. They give you a paper that has directions but the paper clearly states that you have more than 15 mins to complete the work. I completed the work and they said I did great. The face to face interview was 3 questions and took no more than 5 mins. I'm pretty sure they must have already hired someone and were just getting me done has quickly has possible.

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Farmington, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

very quick process, basic questions about previous work history and what skills can you bring to Pespico. The process seemed a bit rushed but it was on a Friday afternoon.

Interview Questions

• do you work well with groups or do you work best by yourself   1 Answer

I had a better offer closer to home

Part Time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Nashville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Online application and assessment. Phone interview. On site physical assessment and face to face interview. Was told the next step is handled by a third party and would hear something in acouple of weeks. My advice.... if your not good with behavioral interviews, practice practice practice! Everyone I have dealt with was super

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were given a task with little or no direction, and how did you handle it? (SAR format)   Answer Question
    • What's the most difficult customer service problem you've had and how did you handle it (Requested answer be in SAR format)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you noticed a process being handled poorly and what action did you take?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2015.

Interview

Got an email 2days after I submitted my application. My resume had been screened by a computer. The next day a talent agent called and asked questions about my resume and experience. I think it was to verify everything or for better words, to screen it with a human. The next day the hiring manager called me. We talked for about 45 minutes. At the end of the phone conversation, he asked me to come in for a face to face a week from that day. I did my in person interview today. It went really well and even took me to lunch after the interview was over. I was told by the hiring Manger that he had to interview two more people within the company and I would have an answer within the next two days. Fingers crossed.

Warehouse Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (South Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

First I had the phone interview and it went smooth, they sent out an email letting me know when my second interview was. They said wear pants and tennis shoes. Let me tell you how unethical that is. In phoenix its at least a buck o five everyday. The hands on activity was outside and they didn't warn you about staying hydrated because no one knew it would be outside. Since the hands on activity is 90% of the interview process if you slow down because you are over heating in this Arizona weather you don't get the job. I'm not from Arizona so I felt like they should have told me. Bad experience didn't get it.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Once I had applied I received a phone a call. On this call I did a short questionnaire/interview. It was nothing to difficult. Just your basic background questions. Then received a phone call from the local facility to set up an in-person interview. I went in and answered some more in-dept questions that were job related. While at this interview I also performed a job skills test to assess my skills for the applied job.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

The interview process was grueling - met with multiple people each time. Total of two or three interviews including a case study (test). The process itself took almost three months from start to finish.

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Gathered n room with 9 other people. Told we had all passed the sales test we took online. 6 were called into another room, I was last to b interviewed. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• When last time you lifted 15 lbs or more? Do have problem bending stooping? Why Frito lay?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a little