PepsiCo

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Getting the Interview

574 candidate interviews

District Sales Leader Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career services. I had a first interview on campus with HR and another manager. I then went on a route ride along and had a second interview on campus with a zone sales leader. I then went to Birmingham for a third interview with several directors. They took me to dinner, put me in a hotel and payed for everything. I ended up not being offered a position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were leading a team and someone wasn't doing their part. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Quality Control Supervisor Interview

Johnstown, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2012.

Interview Details – Went through a 3 round interview process for campus hire position. First was on-campus, second was at the large fair in Michigan, third was at the plant itself. Very thorough and very long. The on-campus was pretty simple/basic. However, the second interview was a 2-day ordeal. Many different interview styles.

Interview Question – Situational questions (in which you've never been in the situation) are very difficult to answer. Aka: how would you react this issue or this issue happening at the same time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interviewed at PepsiCo

Interview Details – after sending the application i got invited for 2 interviews. both were quite challenging as they did not only ask stressful questions but also asked me to do some excel exercises which I was not prepared to do.
In general the atmosphere was very good and the whole time I felt welcomed.

Interview Question – Market analysis   Answer Question

Senior Excel Analyst-Contractor Interview

I interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2013.

Interview Details – Did in-person interview with one of the team members, then a separate phone interview with a different team member. Mostly talked about past experience and what I can bring to the table. Detailed explanation about the job description and the project that I would be involved with immediately

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, average interview questions   Answer Question

Toca Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details – Filled out application on line. Went for 3 interviews and 2 special skills tests

Negotiation Details – Everything I expected

IT Specialist Interview

Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in May 2010.

Interview Details – Many calls, multiple interviews and several 2nd. Interviews

Interview Question – Why did you leave your other job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Took time to determine the pay to the level and not exceed the high mid-point

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in April 2010.

Interview Details – Online test, interview, written test, drug test, final interview

Operations Resource Interview

Bakersfield, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in December 2010.

Interview Details – Structured interviews at the production facility with the Executive Team at the plant. We were provided a tour, then went through five separate one-on-one interviews. We were also given an opportunity to have lunch with other frontline managers currently performing the job that we were interviewing for.

Interview Question – No one question was particularly difficult, however one of the interviews was simple awkward as the interviewee simply stared at you following your answer which created an extremely uncomfortable feeling.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The organization made an offer the day after my interview. I was told that the company did not negotiate compensation, bonus or vacation.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details – My resume was introduced to Frito Lay through a recruiter. I received a call from HR asking general questions. A 30min-1 hour phone interview was set up. After the phone interview, i had an all day on site interview with several people.

Interview Question – Tell me about the most challenging project you have worked on.

behavioral and technical interviews
  Answer Question

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Burnsville, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2013.

Interview Details – The initial Communication after I first sent them my resume was pretty poor. It took a couple weeks before I received any type of confirmation that my resume had been received. When I did receive confirmation, they were quick to offer me an interview, which I gladly accepted. The interview process was pretty quick and easy. They had a two part interview set up, the first of which was with their Product Availability Supervisor (PAS), and Product Availability Manager (PAM). The second was with the Warehouse Manager and another Supervisor. Each interview had a lot of situation / what if questions. I felt very good about the interview when I left and I new I would get the job even though one of the managers seemed very worried about by me being in the Marine Corps and how much time it would take away from the business. It took them forever to make their decision. I received a call about two months later with a job offer, I initially told them I would need a couple days to think about the offer which they allowed for, I accepted the offer two days later.

Interview Question – Who would you place more of your time and or loyalty towards if a conflict of scheduling or career advancement came about, Pepsi or the Marine Corps.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a whole lot of negotiation with the offer they gave me, as I was fairly happy with the offer, especially since it wasn't a straight salary, I would be overtime eligible.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PepsiCo

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo interview questions and advice. All 574 interview reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees and interview candidates.