PepsiCo Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Plano, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I had two separate on site interviews. First with the direct hiring manager of open position. A week later I met with the director of the newly formed team. I received very positive feedback from both managers.

Interview Questions

• What were my current duties and how did they align with the open position   1 Answer

Campus Hire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

Starts with an initial interview at the campus. Followed by an additional face to face interview with HR rep.

They fly you and other candidates across the a specified market, usually 10+ candidates, to a major city hub where they have a dinner with senior leaders who will be assessing you through out the process. They give you a role playing scenario that first night in which you will have to present the next day at one of the interviews. Mine was selling a T-Shirt.

The next day is a long series of interviews. Everything from resume review, sales role play, time management and priority scenarios, and standard face to face interviews. It is pretty long and exhausting, but not too difficult. They just want honest, hard working people that have good social skills... leaders.

You will be likely meeting unit managers who are the general managers of a specific city. These are the people that will be requesting you to join their team if your assessments go well. So spend time with these individuals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Route Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Appleton, WI).

Interview

Management was very easy going, easy to talk to, and you interviewed with two people. It was a good experience. They gave me a chance when I had no experience. The interview was done in the boardroom and we all fed off of each others questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had any Class B driving experience, or a class B driver's license. They also asked why I was interested in working for Pepsi. They wanted to know if lifting up to 75 pounds is going to be a difficulty.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo (Newport News, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I first went through a phone interview that was conducted by two higher up PepsiCo employees from different states and then eventually a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview consists of a situation you are given to prepare for 24 hours before the interview and two other interviews with different level managers, equaling close to 3 hours total for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an ongoing problem and how did you eventually fix it?   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo (Mesquite, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Standard interview with canned questions. Ask multiple times for examples of situations and sales experiences that pertain to the position applied for followed by role play and follow up phone call. Professional dress. A little advice, if bringing a beverage make sure it is a Pepsi product

Interview Questions

• Was asked to role play a sales scenario as sales person to store manager.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Many different rounds that consisted of many different types of interviews. It was a long process that had me going back and forth for months. Started off with easy on-campus interview, then continued to an on-site all day interview with other applicants. After that interview i was invited to a 2 day interview at one of their big locations; there were 4 different rounds of interviews that included role-play, behavioral and situational as well as a presentation. Overall the people were very friendly and made me feel comfortable during all of the interviews but I was just not what they were looking for. It was disappointing after all of the time spent but it was great interview and learning experience.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PepsiCo (Cairo (Egypt)) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone call from hr recruitment specialist
    HR interview with hr recruitment specialist for half hour
    Direct manager interview for a hour
    department head interview for hour
    Senior engineering manager interview for half a hour

Interview Questions

• situations questions to know how can i deal or manage a team of techniains   Answer Question

Frito Lays Route Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Potsdam, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Potsdam, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very down to earth. Couple questions. The DSR and the HR person sat down with me and talked about the business and what they require.Very comfortable interview. All in all, it was a very good experience.

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Newport News, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online about a week later got an e mail for the phone inverview went well she said she needed to get the managers schedule and I'd get an e mail to schedule another week or so goes by I get the e mail with only one date and time how convenient but I made arrangements anyway got to the plant for the interview watched a video then on to the physical assessment which was pretty much outside in 90 degree weather I sweat a lot obviously but thought I did well I was stopped right before going back to get the last soda type for the display which he changed mid demonstration (in total I had moved nearly 50 two liters both as single bottles and in shells of 8 on and off pallets and onto a display rack) I did not quit or complain was asked if I wanted to continue said yes he asked me about 3 questions told me all about the job the hours etc. even said its hard work but nothing I can't handle and that If selected to move forward I would be getting an e mail to set up a drug test so I left feeling pretty good today is the day after I haven't gotten any e mails but upon checking the status it states I have been blocked from applying and although my resume is impressive blah blah blah they have selected candidates that more closely match.... Keep in mind all of my jobs have been retail dealing directly with merchandising I have a B.S. In fashion merchandising consumables and apparel are two different things but merchandising is merchandising I honestly feel I was discriminated against because I am a young women who doesn't appear to be as physically fit as men who may have applied. Although I haven't gotten the official rejection e mail its on the site so I'm taking it for face value big waste of time.

Supply Chain Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo (Columbia, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

Very casual- one woman interviewing asking basic interview questions but also trying to really get to know me beyond my resume. I was really impressed with her and felt she represented the company well. Not intimidating

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you could be successful in this position?   Answer Question