PepsiCo Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
640 interviews

2.8

Future Sales Leader, Frito Lay Division Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at PepsiCo.

The process is long and structured. I met my recruiter at a career fair at my university, and I followed up via email the next day. Had a phone screen with my initial contact, and I was passed along to another senior HR manager after being vetted.

Next was another phone screen focusing on customer service skills, and leadership experience. After that, you have to take a management assessment quiz (wasn’t too bad, most of it was common sense). Next, I had an in-person interview with the HR manager which also focused heavily on selling skills and leadership. Finally, I was invited to the regions “recruiting seminar”, which was a two day process in Portland, OR.

Frito Lay makes accommodations for a hotel room downtown. All travel related expenses are covered. The first day was an overview of the company, the internship, career progression, etc. You also get to go into the market with a current salesperson, and see how they might evaluate and score a store. Finally, they give you a plant tour of the production facility (you get to eat chips fresh off the line), and finally dinner with the interviewers in the city. It was a causal setting which let us get to know those who would be interviewing us, which made the next day a bit better.

The final day was a series of panel interviews all located in the hotel. The interviewers are primarily Zone Sales Leaders, HR Managers, and the Region VP also made an appearance. There were three 45 minute interviews again focusing on leadership, customer service skills, process improvement, and general work ethic.

Something to note, it depends on the region you interview in that also determines the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you had to convince someone from a different backgroud to see something your way. What was your strategy and what was the result?"

"What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?"
        View Answer
    As an intern, there is no flexibility for salary negotiation. Pay is competitive, and you recieve a generous signing bonus as well. Got a call from HR the day of my final interview with an offer and salary details.

Finance MBA Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo.

One day of interviewing on campus with two interviews--one fit and one case. Beyond getting comfortable with a corporate finance case, make sure you don't bring competitor products to the interview! This seems like it should be common sense, but it clearly wasn't for all of the people at my school who interviewed...

Interview Questions
    • A case where we had to project the profit margin associated with a new innovation   View Answer

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2012.

You must check the Frito-Lay employment website daily as job openings are change on that basis. Once you apply online for an open RSR position you must take a "think like a robot" test. You should pass if you answer the questions as if you were a HR manager looking at your responses. If you pass the test then they may call you in for a group interview where you will be given an overview of the company, pay, benefits, a safety lecture and FAQ time. Then if they still like you then they will call you in for a one on one interview. If they don't select you for the job but still like you they may ask if you want to sit "the bench" and they may call you in next time a job becomes available (this could take months to years) then you must submit to a hair follicle drug test that can test up to a year back. Good luck.

set in stone

Bottler Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, ME
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, ME

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PepsiCo in May 2014.

The hardest thing about the interview was trying to answer questions about myself, this job is not that difficult however it is hard to answer questions about yourself that have nothing to do with that actual job that you will be performing. I also believe that they are looking for hard working people who are willing to put the time in at the company to eventually move up the chain. It seemed as if you put the time in at this company you will eventually be promoted.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to be a team player and how you responded.   Answer Question

Vendor Managed Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2012.

I was first referred to my employer by a friend. (He got a $1,500 bonus when I ultimately got the job, which is pretty awesome.) I waited for a call about setting up an interview for well over a month. The initial interview was over the phone, very easy, I’m sure they use this to weed out anyone terrible. The second interview consisted of 3 panels of 3 people each. They were pretty short and they asked the standard questions behavioral questions like “tell me about a time when you had to work with someone difficult”. If you google “standard interview questions” and prepare for those, you’ll be all set!

The timing was right, they called me a couple days after the interview because they needed someone immediately. I have, however, heard bad stories about people getting put in the “pipeline”. This means they call and tell you “we like you, we want to offer you a job, but there is nothing available right now. Hold tight.” Someone that interviewed the same day as me (also friends with the person that referred me) didn’t get an offer for about 2 months. By then he had already started another job and was no longer interested. So don’t wait around for them to call you.

Overall, pretty easy and good interview experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • Give me your top 3 weaknesses. I never know what a good answer would be for this one.   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate salary, because I felt like it was generous compared to what I was currently making. I tried to negotiate an extra week of vacation, and they promptly shot me down. I only get 2 weeks.

Engineering R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2013.

On campus screening interview (20 min) during job fair. On campus technical and behavioral interviews (30 minutes each) two weeks later. They'll call you right away if they want you!

Interview Questions
    • Given this PFD, and several problems we have with a potato chip line, come up with a solution using engineering principles.   View Answer
    N/A for internship

RSR Interview

Phone Interview, then called in for a face to face with 2 managers. Then i got a call over a month later to come in for another interview with 2 different managers. Then i got hired.

No negotiation.

Marketing Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

The interview process was shady. The interviews already knew that they were going to hire someone from the inside but had myself and one other candidate interview and told us both that each of us had strengths and weakness and we were both liked. In the end they chose a candidate from another dept.

Interview Questions
    • Do I have experience in areas in which I already hold a degree (Bachelors and Masters)   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tucker, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

I interviewed online - interviewed at PepsiCo in June 2014.

Two person Interview, On Line "skills assessment test" more of a personality, Basic comprehension, and math skills test, Why do you want to work for Pepsi, Where do you see yourself in five years, This can be a high pressure demanding position, Describe how you have dealt with that in a past experience, or describe a previous similar situation! Draw a standard Motor controller circuit, How would you align Three pulley on separate shafts, How would you troubleshoot a VFD conveyer system, Still in process but Hopeful, sounds like a great Opportunity, sounds like a good learning Opportunity, people seemed like they would be Good to work for, Knowledgeable, and diligent, Left a strong Implication that there would be routine Overtime, Often and expected, Company comes first situation, Understandable in a Maintenance environment since the equipment must run for anyone to work, and you don't make money or product when the line is down! Implied that there would be future Upgrades, and replacing older equipment, so Much to learn, Long Hours inevitable! Sounds exciting exhilarating and demanding! Pay seemed more than fair, looking forward to call back!

Interview Questions
    • They askes several times if I had any questions for them? I did extensive reserch Online, prior, So I did not. But I fear the fact that I did NOT, may reflect lack of interest, which is NOT the case, Fact is I already found out all I needed to know to be interested in the position!   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Great interview process, organized and managed well. A little lengthy considering the position I was applying for, but a company can never be too safe in regards to who they hire.