PepsiCo

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.8

Director of Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

I interviewed with the VP of HR, the General Manager of the west and then my VP of my business unit. They were all extremely professional and all about business.

Relief Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online – interviewed at PepsiCo.

Long process interview was straight forward took about 3 months not told of full job description at interview I was told shift was based on an 8 hour day when in reality they give you a 12 hour route daily

Offered wage no negotiations

District Sales Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Pretty lengthy and detailed interview process. The first interview was a behavioral interview with HR. Once I passed that, I was given a assessment online with situational questions (from a management perspective). After passing that I was contacted by HR to schedule a Hiring Conference in Portland. The Hiring conference was two days, one day consisting of meeting and taking a tour of the Frito Lay plant. The next day consisted of 3 separate 45min interviews. Overall was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions regarding positions in leadership and what you did to become successful. They want to know your thought process as well as the outcomes.   Answer Question
    Offered a generous starting salary.

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Disappointing interview process. After 2 interviews, one with hiring manager and regional director, I was verbally offered positions. One week later offer was retracted because HR did not approve of decision by hiring manager. It was a tough pill to sallow considering it happened before the holidays. Hoping to latch on in the future.

Interview Questions
    Verbal offer but was later retracted by HR

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo.

I attended an on-campus presentation and gave them my resume. They then asked me to apply and complete their online assessment test. After I passed that, I had an interview on my campus. The questions were general frequently asked interview questions. Then I had my ride along and now have my final interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't the questions that were difficult or unexpected it was that my interviewer pulled out a 2 page packet of questions that was so unexpected.   View Answer

Operations Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo.

First met with members of Pepsi at a campus career fair. Able to score an interview a week later. After the initial interview, I did not hear anything for a month regarding a possible follow up interview. I eventually did hear back and was scheduled for a plant visit from 9-12 on a Wednesday. Very typical in nature. Questions are what you have grown to expect from an interview situation.

Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Employee in South Wilmington, DE

It was the worst interview. Everyone I interacted with was so rude. I also did not see one female in the whole office. I got the interview after applying online at school the interview took about a week but waiting to hear back took two months.

Interview Questions
    • What grade you recieved in a leadership or business class?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

You basically just had a phone interview, followed by an interview in the office, all basic questions, you just need to prepare all of the basic behavioral questions and have answers to them

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were in a difficult situation and prevailed?   View Answer

Operations Resource Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo.

Got an interview on campus from the campus recruiting program and was called back for an on-site interview a week later. Standard behavioral questions: conflict resolution, problem solving, leadership. Were mostly looking for leadership skills. Those who got hired had the most leadership experience or communicated their leadership skills most effectively. Two, two on one interviews, plant tour, and lunch. All travel expenses reimbursed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time something did not go as planned how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Supply Chain Resource Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

I first contacted Frito-Lay at an on campus career fair. After speaking with them at the fair I applied both on their website as well as on my university's career site. Once applied, within a week or two I received an on campus interview. The night before the interview an information session was held that I attended which detailed many of the job specifics.

The next day I attended a 30min very typical interview (some behavioral questions, some industry related questions - i.e.. give an example of a process and have you improved it). After completing that interview I received a call inviting me to take part in the second round interview at their site in Killingly CT.

The day on site consisted of an information session from 8:15-8:54, a plant tour 8:45-9:45, then 3 rounds of interviews with 3 different individuals in various management positions. I found these interview to actually be quite casual with the managers trying to get a feel for who I was and why I was there (obviously required HR questions were asked- again some behavioral, others similar to the process question).

Finally I received a call the same day that i was going to receive an official offer the middle of the following week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all very typical. Some behavioral questions and some industry questions- "Give a time where you improved a product or process and explain to me how"   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. The offer was very good, with a great starting salary (65,000) and very good signing and relocation bonuses, being 2,500 and 5,000 respectively (withe the 5,000 relocation bonus being tax free)