PepsiCo

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.8

Supply Chain Operations Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in November 2014.

Got an email after talking to their recruiters at my university's career fair notifying me that I'd be selected for an interview. In terms of their career fair personnel, they were fairly personable, though it was a bit off-putting to watch them take your résumé, affix a lined adhesive tag to the back, and busily scribble a few notes before tossing it into a visible pile with hundreds of other CV's.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were standard for behavioral interviews. Most could be answered in the STAR format, though my interviewer provided little physical or verbal feedback, even when I knew I'd fully-answered the question. One example was the multi-faceted "Tell me about a time you knew you weren't going to be able to meet a deadline. How did you approach your superior or professor? What was the result?   View Answer

Though Pepsico's interviewers were competent, I felt they lacked the ability to incentivize me as a candidate. In particular, they didn't really go into the specifics of their onboarding program. Instead, they merely mentioned that as a potential rotational program new hire, I would be assigned to a delivery route with a truck driver for the first few months of the job. While I appreciate the value of such a capacity to teach new hires about the nuances of the job for the ground up, I didn't feel the advancement opportunities following that time period were covered very well. As a soon-to-be graduate pursuing Six Sigma/LEAN Green Belt and APICS certifications, I felt my potential value as an employee was underestimated; relegated to an inflexible onboarding process that sent a message of, "We don't care how qualified you are, you're still going to have to pay your dues." A beneficial approach? Sure. But not exactly the selling point I would use for students who've spent considerable sums of money pursuing certifications and coursework for the exact purpose of getting a leg up.

Part Time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in November 2014.

I could never get an interview until I met a friend who set it up for me and it still was a long process. I put in my application in november and 2 weeks later I received an email to schedule an interview time. Interview was all star questions and the mgr told me that all positions are filled within first and then outside applicants will be chosen if position is still open. After the interview he stated that I will be in a pool for consideration and the next step I will be contacted via e mail if I am selected from that pool, and the hard part is over. I answered the questions quickly because they were easy but after the interview we spoke for awhile about the selection process. He was real laid back and hard to predict but he was cool. Two MONTHS later I was sent an email saying I was still under consideration...Dont know what that mean. Its February now and I havent heard anything else and I just knew my friend got me in there but I will continue to work until they call me.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to learn something on your own to complete a task.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Applied online. Attended a career fair at my school and spoke with the PepsiCo recruiters there. They were impressed by my resume and contacted me the same day. I did a phone interview. In person interview with a zone manager and DSL. Then a ride along (at 3:30am) with a RSR. My final interview is tomorrow which I was told would last from 8am-2pm!!!! They paid for my travel and hotel stay! :) Wish me luck

Sales Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

They asked general question asked about my goals and what I know about the company. They seemed to enjoy that I did a lot of community service. During the interview, there were two other guys being interview as well. I read that they do not hire many girls for the position and that person was right. I was told that I was the only girl selected to be interviewed for the program and I did not make it very far.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you were in the wrong and not your coworker?   Answer Question

Sales Development Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

interviewed after meeting with representatives at my school's career fair. 1 on 1 interview, all behavioral based, the guy was awesome and very positive. hear back 2 weeks later and was asked to attend a 2 day event for the final interviews at the regional location. networking dinner with interviews the next day. it seemed as though they wanted to weed out people who doubted if this was the job for them by talking about the difficulties of the job, but always reinforced how blessed they believe they were now to have had that experience and how much it pays off in the end. interviews the next day which included 2 behavior interviews, one case study, and one sales scenario, so 4 interviews total. intimidating but be confident and prepared and you will do well. Very much liked the company going into the final event of interviews, and left loving the company!

Interview Questions
    • sales scenario 1 on 1 interview if you are inexperienced in sales, they want to see how you handle the pressure of a real life b2b sales situation.   Answer Question
    no negotiation in starting salary for the campus sales development program, salary is based on geographic cost of living.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Interviewed twice the first one was professional yet very casual. I was interviewed by a panel of two. They just ran through my resume and asked me to explain my activities. The second one was behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person.

Your typical behavioral questions

Answer Question

Supply Chain Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Interviewed on campus by one previous Supply Chain Accounting Intern and a Plant controller. Both were very nice and made me feel comfortable. They asked me to briefly go over my resume. A lot of behavioral questions but all fairly easy to answer if you have any sort of leadership experience.

Interview Questions
    • Name an experience you had to handle critical information?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Beverage Sales & Customer Relationship Future Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo.

I applied through my school's online job site. I was accepted for an interview, and it lasted about 30 minutes. It started out with some basic questions about my resume etc. then it moved on to several behavioral and situational questions. The interviewer was very friendly and engaging and was also helpful with any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral and situational.   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Not personable at all. Reads off a sheet of paper and stares at you. Questions were straight forward and mostly behavioral. Allowed you to ask questions at the end.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview was not intimidating at all. I was interviewed by two people, they asked only a few questions and told me to just relax. They were very kind and talked about what the internship would be like. I asked a few questions, but the interview did not last very long. It only lasted about 10-15 minutes max. They said what the job was like and that I would be given a few projects over the summer.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were straight forward. They asked what are your strengths, when did you face adversity and how did you deal with, what are you proud of.   Answer Question