PepsiCo

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.8

Supply Chain Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

Applies through a campus career fair and interviewed on campus about a week later. The interview was one on one with an HR rep who had been through the program herself. The questions were mostly behavioral and one technical.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in charge of a manufacturing line, and the line went down and there wasn't anyone to ask for help in solving the problem, What would you do?   Answer Question

Sales & Customer Relations Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

The interview was at the nearby Pepsi Facility. They separated applicants into groups . First, there was an information session for each applicant group, in which they outline what the position entails and identify some of the possibilities for career development within the company. Each member of the group then went into two back-to-back one-on-one interviews, each of which lasted around 30 minutes. These are behavioral based interviews and they're used to determine whether you're selected move on to the second round of the hiring process or not.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most significant achievement to date, and why?   Answer Question

Sales Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

My initial interview was on-campus. Within 24 hours of my on-campus interview, I heard that they would be flying me to Nashville, TN for a two-day interview event. The first day consisted of a presentation, panel discussion, and networking dinner. The next day consisted of four interviews: a case study, sales pitch, and two behavioral interviews.

For a global, billion dollar company I thought the process was somewhat unprofessional. A group of candidates drove, while a group of candidates flew. They did provide a shuttle to an from the airport; however, they did not provide a shuttle from PepsiCo to the hotel, the hotel to dinner, or etc. Flying candidates had to get rides with a candidate that drove.

Also, we were told that we would receive a phone call or e-mail the day after the interviews informing us of an offer or not. Multiple candidates received phone calls; however, other candidates received nothing. I find it unprofessional that those not receiving offers were not informed when calls were made. Apparently someone was supposed to facilitate the e-mails, but failed to do so. Again, unprofessional.

We were told we were the top candidates and there were 15 open positions. Assuming they were not lying, almost everyone should have received an offer. I got a sense that they already knew who they wanted to hire; therefore, wasting candidates time.

Overall, the experience was enjoyable until the final notifications. The PepsiCo interview process was great for practicing interviews as it was intense. I am not upset I did not receive an offer, simply upset that candidates not receiving an offer were not informed in the manner PepsiCo said we would be informed.

Operations Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

I applied online and was introduced to the opportunity through a campus operations program email. The initial interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews and a powerpoint group presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you thought you could finish a task that was asked of you in the workplace and or school but before completion you found out that you could not complete the task.   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

Initially met recruiter at college career fair. Was invited to an on-campus interview. Pretty basic interview here, mainly went over my resume with a few behavioral questions towards the end. Was invited to a second interview with zone leaders (don't remember exact title?) and ride-along with a route sales representative. Rode in a delivery truck with a seasoned sales rep; showed me the ins and outs of their daily route ride and helped prepare me for my interview the following day. The 40 minute interview briefly went over my resume then behavioral and situational questions after that. I personally thought I did great in all aspects of the interview but was not advanced to the final round. Recruiter told me he thought I was a top candidate and was shocked when I didn't make it though and had no explanation for me. All Pepsi did was talk about how diverse of a company they were and I honestly believe, after seeing who advanced, that was the reason I did not make it to the next round. No hard feelings though, there's a place out there for everyone but Frito Lay is not for me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one goal that you did accomplish and how? Then tell me a goal you did not meet and why?   Answer Question

Frito-Lay Supply Chain Operations Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

One on campus interview and one on site interview at a Frito factory. I thought my first on campus interview went terrible. Interviewer seemed liked she didn't care and wanted it to be over with. She wrote about 10 words at most in her interview booklet per question. And then she went on to tell me how I wouldn't like the job. But somehow I received a second round.

For the second round, first it was a meet-and-greet and at a restaurant. Just get to know everyone. The key is to talk to everyone and be friendly. I sat in the middle of the table, but the Pepsi employees sat at the end, so it was hard to talk. I think this may have affected me not getting an offer. Then the next day was plant tours, job previews, and interviews. For the interviews, it was two 30 minute interviews, 1-on-1. Some were asking the standard behavioral questions where others were more just sit and talk. There were some 15-odd people for about 4 positions, so poor odds of getting an offer. The job seemed like you would work 50-60 hours a week regularly.

Interview Questions
    • Would you like working in this environment even though you won't be using your formal engineering skills?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

I contacted a recruiter and was given a first interview. It was a short interview of about 5 behavioral based questions. I was offered a second interview on the spot. The second interview was with two different individuals. Each had about 6 behavioral based questions. Then I was asked to sell a product as my third interview. We didn't have long to prepare for that.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was the sales criterion. You have to be prepared to sell something.   Answer Question

Campus Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

Talked to the company at a college career fair and was invited for a preliminary on campus interview which took roughly 30 minutes. A week later I was informed that I was invited to do an on-site interview in Wythville, VA. The on-site consisted of presentations and tours of the facilities as well as an informal dinner. The actual interview was the next morning and consisted of a resume review, case study, location preferences, and general behavioral questions. I was contacted two weeks later that I was not getting an offer/

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

First you fill out the application and then wait for an email. The majority of the process is through email so make sure you're checking it. The first step is usually a kind of quiz and survey with basic questions with common scenarios and adding and subtracting math. Then what follows is usually a phone interview if all goes well. The Phone interview is scenario questions also and the face to face interview is very similar style as the phone interview. Just be honest be truthful and use whatever experience you have in the past to answer them. The process took a total of a month or a little over a month.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever felt like you wanted to change something about how the company you previously worked for and how did you attempt to change that? Did you speak with management? How did they respond?   Answer Question

Management Interview

The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult and unexpected question was a bunch of What if" and "An example of when..." kind of behavioral questions. I should have prepared these, I had not and really was stumped and ended up giving them real examples and expressed my honest opinions (not a good idea esp if you are opinionated like me).   Answer Question