PepsiCo Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.8

Manager Interview

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. First interview was easy. Two supervisors came to campus and asked basic questions. The second round is more difficult. The head of the plant asks you questions and can be more intimidating. However, they are not mean, they just want to know your experiences.

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

basic questions. this process was in 2008. there was application online, then phone screen from HR recruiter, then meet with "Zone Business Manager (2nd in charge of zone)", then "District Sales Leader"

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to? how do I fit in the position. what makes me a qualified candidate.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

The interview was very organized with standard questions that you would expect from an interview. The interviewers were new staff to Pepsico, and seemed very easy to relate to. Walking in they both greeted, and shook my hand. We exchanged how our days were going. The interview lasted roughly 30 min, and was very smooth/ standard. After they asked standard questions then you had the opportunity to ask them about their experiences at Pepsico.

Interview Questions

• Explain your leadership roles... Give an example of a conflicting time in your life where you had to make a decision, and explain how you went about solving the problem.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Applied through my University. Interviews were in 2 person and then 1 on Skype. Interviewees were outgoing and friendly, made you feel very comfortable. Be sure to keep Frito and Pepsi interview discussions separate. It was basic behavioral questions along with some industry questions.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Interview process was two days. Had to go to a 3-part interview with 4 different people all altogether. This is a sales position so be prepared to provide a sales presentation.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate?   1 Answer

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Applied on line , went through the process of the job session where hiring manager explains job description , salary, and interview process. Did the drive along first then a 20-30 minute interview five days later. Asked about my background experience ,knowledge, and skills. Was told after interview that I may get a call a week later if they find interest in me or a refusal letter. Two hour later I got a call to meet with the district sales manager in 5 days. Don't know if this is a good sign but will be ready for the next step . Best is to practice and research company you are looking for and memorize best answers of questions they may throw at you.

Supply Chain Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayville, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Dayville, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Met a representative at my college fair, spoke with him and was told to expect a call. Interviewers called about a week and a half later and immediately jumped into a phone interview. After the phone interview I was called in for an on site interview approximately two weeks later. Two weeks after that I received the decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to tackle a difficult situation in a group.   Answer Question

Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Modesto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they call me to set up an interview 3 days later. The first session was with 15 other applicants we watch a video about Pepsico and a video of the position we were applying for. After the video we sign some paper work stating wages, hours, shift etc.. The HR lady explain to us the background and drug test. She said within a week qualified applicant will be call for a one on one 30 minute interview. I was call in for the interview approximately a week later. They use the STAR Method for interviews. I had a background check the day after my interview. Beware do not lie on your resume they check everything including calling your past employer. I passed now im just waiting for the drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for Frito Lay?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach an employee who is shy and how did you encourage her to communicate better. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Safety is our top priority. What happen at your previous job where there was a safety concern and how did you fix the problem?   Answer Question
    • If you see an employee make a mistake what steps did you take to fix the mistake?   Answer Question

Future Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Janesville, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

First I applied on the job board for my university. After that I received an interview at my school. It was 2 on 1 and only lasted about fifteen minutes because there were only three questions. After that it took them approximately a month to get back to me to schedule a second round interview. The interview was at their facility. It consisted of one interview with the HR manager, one interview with the district sales manager and one "mock sales call" with another sales manager. They emailed me the information for the sales call in advance and I was able to prepare my speech.They were all very relaxed and friendly at the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work, but through someone else.   Answer Question

Packaging Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Rochester, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school then had a on campus interview. A very good interview process because they were accommodating to my schedule and time constraints. A well structured interview in the fact it was professional yet relaxed and was a packaging focused interview as well as personal. After receiving a verbal offer, apply online and then a offer is given.

Interview Questions

• What is one packaging change to a current product you would make and why?   Answer Question