PepsiCo

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2014.

Interview Details – Pepsi came to my campus and interviewed through OCR [on campus recruiting]. The interview format was a fit interview followed by a case interview, back to back. The fit interview was 15 minutes. Two interviewers asked you questions about your resume and a few behavioral questions. They also asked more general questions about your likes and dislikes. The case interview was longer and involved analyzing data. I was presented with three different charts [bar graphs, data in a table] and asked to come up with a 360 campaign based on the information. The first table was data about growth of different segments [segmented by race and age]. The next charts included data about what drinks Hispanic customers bought the most of. I was asked to explain what drink I would market to which Hispanic age group. Then I was asked to come up with a complete campaign. There is only one round of interviews for this internship. I received an email a week after the interviews telling me I was not selected.

Interview Question – What TV shows do you watch?
Name a time you had to voice an unpopular opinion.
Who would be the ideal Superbowl performer?
Name a company doing a good job in the digital space now.
Name a trend [very broad, asked for clarification and they said just any trend].
  Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2012.

Interview Details – I first learned about the company through on campus recruiting at my school. I talked with company representatives there and used student and alumni connections to network with as many people as possible. I then submitted my resume and cover letter and was selected fro an on campus first round interview.

Interview Question – One of the interviews was a fit interview and the other was more technical/creative questions. Two interesting questions were: If you owned a ping pong ball company and ping pong was suddenly banned what else could you do with the ping pong balls? and How could you capitalize on the trend of social media/celebrity obsession/reality shows for the benefit of Pepsi--other than what we are already doing?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo in September 2011.

Interview Details – They told me about the internship. It's a marketing internship that is paid. It's going to be in New York City working mostly with the sales team and marketing team.

Interview Question – There weren't questions, it was more of a conversation.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2009.

Interview Details – Two individuals came to recruit and host an information session. Interviews were approximately 30 minutes long. By mid-day, you would be notified if you received a second round. If so, you were asked to return that afternoon for a second round. An offer would be made within weeks.

The interview itself was standard behavioral questions, focused on marketing issues. They were really looking for a leader, someone creative, out of the normal mold.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PepsiCo

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo Marketing Intern interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees and interview candidates.