PepsiCo Marketing Intern Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2014.

Pepsi came to my campus and interviewed through OCR [on campus recruiting]. The interview format was a fit interview followed by a case interview, back to back. The fit interview was 15 minutes. Two interviewers asked you questions about your resume and a few behavioral questions. They also asked more general questions about your likes and dislikes. The case interview was longer and involved analyzing data. I was presented with three different charts [bar graphs, data in a table] and asked to come up with a 360 campaign based on the information. The first table was data about growth of different segments [segmented by race and age]. The next charts included data about what drinks Hispanic customers bought the most of. I was asked to explain what drink I would market to which Hispanic age group. Then I was asked to come up with a complete campaign. There is only one round of interviews for this internship. I received an email a week after the interviews telling me I was not selected.

Interview Questions
  • What TV shows do you watch?
    Name a time you had to voice an unpopular opinion.
    Who would be the ideal Superbowl performer?
    Name a company doing a good job in the digital space now.
    Name a trend [very broad, asked for clarification and they said just any trend].
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2012.

I first learned about the company through on campus recruiting at my school. I talked with company representatives there and used student and alumni connections to network with as many people as possible. I then submitted my resume and cover letter and was selected fro an on campus first round interview.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviews was a fit interview and the other was more technical/creative questions. Two interesting questions were: If you owned a ping pong ball company and ping pong was suddenly banned what else could you do with the ping pong balls? and How could you capitalize on the trend of social media/celebrity obsession/reality shows for the benefit of Pepsi--other than what we are already doing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in September 2011.

They told me about the internship. It's a marketing internship that is paid. It's going to be in New York City working mostly with the sales team and marketing team.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't questions, it was more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in January 2009.

Two individuals came to recruit and host an information session. Interviews were approximately 30 minutes long. By mid-day, you would be notified if you received a second round. If so, you were asked to return that afternoon for a second round. An offer would be made within weeks.

The interview itself was standard behavioral questions, focused on marketing issues. They were really looking for a leader, someone creative, out of the normal mold.