PepsiCo Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Kankakee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo (Kankakee, IL).

Interview

Had 2 interviews with the same people..rejected both times..talk nice but knew I wouldn't get the job..was told I did a good job on the test..still got rejected...i have no positive feed back...PepsiCo may be a great company but real creeps doing the hiring...even my answers to the questions were excellent but not a good fit...good old boys club

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had difficulty meeting a customers needs? What did you do to accommodate them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at PepsiCo (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First is a phone interview and if they feel you're a great candidate then they set up a local face to face to interview. You receive an email which lets you schedule and on-site interview and assessment. That's when you have the face to face interview and also face opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time I went a little extra way to help somebody out and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PepsiCo (Rockford, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. They called days after i applied and called to setup an interview ASAP. did a skype call interview and was hired 2 days afer the interview. Orientation took about 7 hours to complete and covered everything from forklift operation to hazard safety

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

FIlled out online application
    1 Week later received telephone interview for Pepsi Co and was scheduled for person to person interview a week later.
    Conducted person to person interview with area manager, took about 15 mins and went well
    2 Weeks after interview I received a call from Pepsi saying I was selected and do I accept the conditional offer.
    Had to get drug screen and background check completed within 48 hours/ I went the next day.

36 hours later everything was cleared and I was told I can start training that next week.

Note..2 days after my person to person interview I was not allowed to apply for any other Pepsi jobs, so I guess I was selected then. (Just my guess)

Interview Questions

• What's your prior experience dealing with conflicts with supervisors, please give examples on how you resolved the conflict?
      What's your prior experience dealing with conflicts with co-workers, please give examples on how you resolved the conflict?
      How would you deal with a hostile customer?
      Why do you want to work for Pepsi?
      What do you know about Pepsi?
      Whats your experience merchandising products?

1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I had one interview. The interview was in a group panel setting. The interview took about 1 hour. The interview process was fairly painless. A lot of different questions were asked from the group panel interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you would handle an issue with an angry store manager. Also tell me about you have demonstrated keeping your composure in a intense situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

First you fill out the application and then wait for an email. The majority of the process is through email so make sure you're checking it. The first step is usually a kind of quiz and survey with basic questions with common scenarios and adding and subtracting math. Then what follows is usually a phone interview if all goes well. The Phone interview is scenario questions also and the face to face interview is very similar style as the phone interview. Just be honest be truthful and use whatever experience you have in the past to answer them. The process took a total of a month or a little over a month.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever felt like you wanted to change something about how the company you previously worked for and how did you attempt to change that? Did you speak with management? How did they respond?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and had to take an assessment test for the position. Didn't know the outcome until someone called and set me up with a phone interview the following week. After the phone interview I had an in person interview with two people at the same time. They asked me how I would handle certain situations and also asked me about prior jobs. After the interview they said that they had others to interview and whoever they selected their information would be sent in for the background check. So basically you didn't know if you were selected or not. After the background check is ran then they will call you if it passes and when they do call you they will set you up for a drug test. If you pass the drug test then you will be hired on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't get an offer right away. I had to wait to see who they selected and then they will run a background before you know if you are selected or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo (Des Moines, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

Step 1 - I applied for this position online and two weeks later I received a phone call to set up a phone interview.
    Step 2 - The phone interview was very brief, just asking if I am seriously interested and some personal information.
    Step 3 - About a week and half I received an email to set up a face to face interview.
    Step 4 - I went for the interview in a khaki and shirt with tie, the interview was kinda long and very detailed. They asked about skills I learned in used in my jobs and previous experiences. I thought the interview went well the interviewer was very nice and we chatted alittle about sports lol

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you learned a new skill in a job and how did you use it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo (Canton, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

The process is very long and drawn out. If you want to work at Pepsi, don't expect to get it in a few weeks, it can take a very long time. My advice for people who want to quit their job and work for Pepsi. Don't even think about quitting your job until you pass every step and get called by the plant for an actual start date because if you quit your other job too soon, you are in for a long wait. To make a long story short, I have been through the entire hiring process for almost 2 months (ten weeks to be exact) and I still have not been given a start date.

Step 1: If you applied for a position that was posted online right away and you have the qualifications they are looking for, you will get an email back from them pretty quickly in as soon as two days. I heard from them right away and was set up with a phone verification interview which I did the same week I applied for the job.

Step 2: The following week, I was set up for a face to face interview. The interview went very well. I did a lot of research about the company and answered some basic questions in detail like why I wanted to work for Pepsi, what I knew about the position, and about customer service experiences and scenarios. The following week after the interview, I received an email that said "I was still in consideration for the position."

Step 3: Two weeks after I received that email, I got a call from HR with a contingent job offer waiting on a drug test/fitness test and background check. I did both right away within 48 hours. 3-5 days later, my candidate care application status page said, "Congratulations on accepting an offer with Pepsi Beverages Company! Someone will be reaching out to you soon to determine your final start date." Almost three weeks have passed since then and I still have still heard nothing about a start date from the plant. I applied for the position on January 18th. It is now March 14th today. I'm not sure how much longer I can wait before I'll have to pursue other options because I really wanted this position but I can't sit on my butt without a pay check either.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were basic. One to look out for is, "How did you handle learning a new skill you weren't familiar with and how did you succeed with that?" (paraphrased).   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's none. The hourly rate is set when you apply for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Kansas City, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

I had final interview today. It went very well. I'm just waiting to hear back from them now. The interview process goes like this: They'll invite you to a pre job session and tell you the good, the bad, and the ugly. They were very open with everything. After hearing all the info you would then tell them you are interested and would like an interview. They will then call you and set up interview time and date. During the 1st interview they ask you how well do you work with others, how long do you see yourself with the company, etc. You'll have the interview with at least 2 district managers. They'll call you back if you did well in the 1st interview. You'll then have your final interview a week later. This interview was just one person. They basically ask you the same questions as in the 1st interview. Then they have you sign a paper saying you agree to having a hair drug test because they don't do urine tests and then you sign another paper saying is okay for them to do a background check on you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job just to work for us.   1 Answer