PepsiCo

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details – Process is different based on location, department, HR and hiring manager. Utilize company website to submit applications for both internal and external jobs. Screened by HR and reviewed by hiring manager if person is worthy of interviewing.

Interview Question – different based on location, department, HR and hiring manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not negotated

Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with HR right after I applied for the position online. She asked me a lot of scenario questions and briefly wanted me to discuss my resume with her. General questions and then detailed ones such as "give me a time where you had to dispute a problem amongst a team you were supervising". I can't remember exactly, but work experience questions. I then was granted a 1:1 interview at the actual facility. I was given a tour and had a great discussion that was very similar to the one on the phone, just with a different person.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate your team to achieve better results?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person and how did it go?   Answer Question

Modesto, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2010.

Interview Details – The intial contact with HR was thru a thirty minute phone interivew, which consisted of two or three behavioral questions.

The second interview was an all day interview that lasted about 6 hours. It included a panel interview with six individuals, the applicants rotated through groups of 2 panel memebers.

Lastly, I was invited back for a job shawdow, by the end of the week I was offered the position.

Interview Question – How would you solve a complex problem?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Frito Lay typically hires engineers or business majors for their Operations Manager positions. I graduated with a degree in Civil Engineering and once through the process realized that the off shift hours, long hours, and lack of engineering work did not appeal to me.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lubbock, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in July 2011.

Interview Details – Consisted of 2 phone interviews and a 1:1 interview. All of the interviews mainly consisted of behavioral type questions. After the 1:1 interview, I was told that a decision would be made witin the next couple of days. The very next day the contacted me with a great offer.

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PepsiCo in July 2009.

Interview Details – Campus interview - then site interview meeting with 5 different managers - some talked more about the company and did not ask questions while others asked very technical questions or some philosophical questions regarding hourly employees. After job offer, there was a pretty good onboarding process that has since been abandoned. Today, it more or less - sink or swim. Limited onboarding, little formal training beyond technicians.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion of unions?   View Answer
  • Usual questions that demonstrate innovative problem solving, conflict management, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not very knowledgeable about negotiating at the time - would definitely attempt to get more vacation time if you have previous work experience -but, get it in writing.

La Canada Flintridge, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2011.

Interview Details – One on one, he asked 5-6 situational questions that related to my past work experiences. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. I have only gone through the 1st round so far so I am waiting to hear from them (it has been about 2 weeks) I was told it could take up to a month. Before the interview just think of tough situations you have dealt with and how you responded to them.

Harlingen, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with HR in the corporate office. Interview was fairly informal and not to detailed on either side. Basically a brief overview of the company and myself to one another. Received a callback to notify me of a second round of interviews, which will consist of two interviews with two people each. That is taking place tomorrow.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself and your experience.   View Answers (2)

Operations Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

Interview Details – Well what can I say. Interviews were very long, I'd say about 3-4hrs long for first interviews which consisted of 8 people interviewing you. After that was I lucky enough to get called back for a work-with out of a large group that interviewed. The work with went very well. Then the day right after I received a huge offer, graduating top of my class in starting pay without a doubt. Amazing company overall. They have a unique program in training new young talent which not that many companies do. Dream job hands down, endless growth opportunities available.

Interview Question – Have you ever faced a conflict with a worker? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Operations Manager

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2008.

Interview Details – Frito-lay is team work and team member empowrement company.

Interview Question – they were all equally difficul, i dont remember which one really stood up to me   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at PepsiCo

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo Operations Manager interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees and interview candidates.