PepsiCo Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

3.3

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2015.

Here is the format I had:
I went through an interview where two people interviewed me. It lasted about 15 minutes.
Then moved on to another interview where there was just one person interviewing me.
Took a tour around the facilities. Asked questions then.
Then went through another interview with one person.
Then the process was over.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you were in a conflict with a group and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Process is different based on location, department, HR and hiring manager. Utilize company website to submit applications for both internal and external jobs. Screened by HR and reviewed by hiring manager if person is worthy of interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • different based on location, department, HR and hiring manager   Answer Question
    Was not negotated

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2012.

Had a phone interview with HR right after I applied for the position online. She asked me a lot of scenario questions and briefly wanted me to discuss my resume with her. General questions and then detailed ones such as "give me a time where you had to dispute a problem amongst a team you were supervising". I can't remember exactly, but work experience questions. I then was granted a 1:1 interview at the actual facility. I was given a tour and had a great discussion that was very similar to the one on the phone, just with a different person.

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate your team to achieve better results?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person and how did it go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in July 2011.

Consisted of 2 phone interviews and a 1:1 interview. All of the interviews mainly consisted of behavioral type questions. After the 1:1 interview, I was told that a decision would be made witin the next couple of days. The very next day the contacted me with a great offer.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PepsiCo in June 2011.

Very thorough process for interviewing. You will interview with the Region Ops Director and the Zone OPs Manager first, and then if you are the preferred candidate, you will meet with the Region Vice President. Most of the questions will ask for specific examples about your ability to lead people, your ability to prioritize your work, ability to influence others with a different agenda, and your experience with leading the safety agenda.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions as long as you have an example and can phrase your responses in the format of Situation, Action, and Result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Canada Flintridge, CA
    Anonymous Employee in La Canada Flintridge, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in January 2011.

One on one, he asked 5-6 situational questions that related to my past work experiences. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. I have only gone through the 1st round so far so I am waiting to hear from them (it has been about 2 weeks) I was told it could take up to a month. Before the interview just think of tough situations you have dealt with and how you responded to them.

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2010.

The intial contact with HR was thru a thirty minute phone interivew, which consisted of two or three behavioral questions.

The second interview was an all day interview that lasted about 6 hours. It included a panel interview with six individuals, the applicants rotated through groups of 2 panel memebers.

Lastly, I was invited back for a job shawdow, by the end of the week I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Frito Lay typically hires engineers or business majors for their Operations Manager positions. I graduated with a degree in Civil Engineering and once through the process realized that the off shift hours, long hours, and lack of engineering work did not appeal to me.

Anonymous Employee in Harlingen, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Harlingen, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2010.

I had an initial interview with HR in the corporate office. Interview was fairly informal and not to detailed on either side. Basically a brief overview of the company and myself to one another. Received a callback to notify me of a second round of interviews, which will consist of two interviews with two people each. That is taking place tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo in July 2009.

Campus interview - then site interview meeting with 5 different managers - some talked more about the company and did not ask questions while others asked very technical questions or some philosophical questions regarding hourly employees. After job offer, there was a pretty good onboarding process that has since been abandoned. Today, it more or less - sink or swim. Limited onboarding, little formal training beyond technicians.

Interview Questions
    • What is your opinion of unions?   View Answer
    • Usual questions that demonstrate innovative problem solving, conflict management, etc.   Answer Question
    Was not very knowledgeable about negotiating at the time - would definitely attempt to get more vacation time if you have previous work experience -but, get it in writing.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

Well what can I say. Interviews were very long, I'd say about 3-4hrs long for first interviews which consisted of 8 people interviewing you. After that was I lucky enough to get called back for a work-with out of a large group that interviewed. The work with went very well. Then the day right after I received a huge offer, graduating top of my class in starting pay without a doubt. Amazing company overall. They have a unique program in training new young talent which not that many companies do. Dream job hands down, endless growth opportunities available.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever faced a conflict with a worker? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question