PepsiCo Operations Resource Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.1

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Resource Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

I had met the recruiters at my college's career showcase and then submitted my application. A week later I was contacted to schedule an interview with them and then that next week I interviewed.

Interview Questions
  • What is a time you had to persuade a group of people towards an idea or project?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Operations Resource Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in July 2014.

3 stage process--stage 1 is a phone interview--one person on the phone asking behavioral questions--stage 2 is video interview--3 people sit in the interview and all ask you behavioral questions and stage 3 is final interview--3 interviews--all one on one interview before offering the job. I got an offer from Frito-Lay in Perry, GA. I think the interview process in simple. They will ask about the company. Do your homework on the company. Also make sure you are prepared for behavioral questions. 90% of the questions are behavioral and rest is just general.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a decision you made that wasn't popular and how you handled implementing it?   View Answer

Operations Resource Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PepsiCo.

2:1 interview. Met with one half of the plant leadership for an half hour and then met with the other half. Behavioral based interview questions. That was the only interview process that I had to go through. I was called a few days later with an offer. Offer was a bit less than what I hoped for but they were willing to negotiate on salary and other benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to supervise a continuous operation and how did you manage your team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perry, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perry, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo.

-Phone interview
    -Two day interview with various section managers alongside 14 other job contestants. Consisted of plant tour, dinner, bowling, breakfast, three interviews, lunch, depart.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were common team building examples. Name a time when as a team you overcame an obstacle...... Strong emphasis on leadership
      -Name a time you witnessed an unethical act... How did you respond?
        Answer Question

Operations Resource Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2013.

Met at college career fair and talked with a representative for 15 minutes. Next morning I got a call setting up an interview and plant tour for the next week. Got to the plant with 16 other candidates. Had a presentation about the company and then broke off into 2 groups: one group doing interviews while the other took a tour. Spoke with 2 different managers who were going through questions in a packet and taking notes. Questions were mostly behavioral based with some questions about previous experience listed on resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Operation Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview began with tour of facility by an Operations Manager, followed by three sets of interviews with various business unit leaders, senior directors and other operations managers depending on staff availibility. Each interview consisted of two interviewers for approximately 30 minutes. If selected to move on, you're invited to job shadow for an entire shift to see if you truly like the position and for them to get a better impression of you.

Interview Questions
    • What major setback have you had and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    HR manager did a thorough evaluation of the current market, my experience, and education to determine a salary. I had a good expectation of range from using GlassDoor, and the offer came in above my expectation, so there wasn't a need to negotiate.

Operations Resource Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PepsiCo in July 2012.

I was interviewed for about 4 hours. They brought us all in as a group and gave us an Interview Schedule. I was interviewed by five members of the LT and BUL Group. So, essentially five independent interviews. The questions were the exact same in every interview. I was then interviewed by the DM by phone after it was announced that I was head to head with another candidate.

I was given the offer and asked for 3 days to think about the acceptance, which they were very hesitant to allow.

There was little negotiation. I told them what my current offer was and that I was flexible. They told me later what they decided in the

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at PepsiCo in March 2012.

Initial interview was done in the career center at my university. The interview consisted of a handful of behavioral questions (i.e. describe a time when....you used your technical skills to solve a problem... something didn't go the way you had planned...) just answer these questions honestly and in the Action Response Result format.
    Second interview is an on-site interview where you get a tour of the plant. Then you interview with three people from the 'leadership team' and a less formal interview with HR. The interviews are again very behavioral and are a bunch of questions that they have prepared. Formatted behavioral interview I guess you could say. This whole process went on for about 5 hours with time for lunch.

Interview process was very god practice - everyone that I met was extremely friendly.

Operation Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2011.

Met a couple of frito lay guys at a career fair at my campus, and had an interview with three of them later that day. I dont know what they were looking for but it wasn't me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult team environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in September 2011.

Met with college recruiters at Job fair at University. I was then asked to apply online. It see,ed the recruiters didn't care much about my pas experience during the job fair. I applied online at the Pepsico careers website and received a phone call a few days later and they performed a quick phone briefing. Typical questions but didn't get a chance to talk too much about how I could be valuable to their organization. Received a generic thank you letter in the mail the following day.