PepsiCo Packer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Modesto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they call me to set up an interview 3 days later. The first session was with 15 other applicants we watch a video about Pepsico and a video of the position we were applying for. After the video we sign some paper work stating wages, hours, shift etc.. The HR lady explain to us the background and drug test. She said within a week qualified applicant will be call for a one on one 30 minute interview. I was call in for the interview approximately a week later. They use the STAR Method for interviews. I had a background check the day after my interview. Beware do not lie on your resume they check everything including calling your past employer. I passed now im just waiting for the drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for Frito Lay?   Answer Question
  • How would you approach an employee who is shy and how did you encourage her to communicate better. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Safety is our top priority. What happen at your previous job where there was a safety concern and how did you fix the problem?   Answer Question
  • If you see an employee make a mistake what steps did you take to fix the mistake?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Packer Interview

Interview

3 interviews which took about a month and a half to complete.. regualr questions about if your able to perform certain things like work overtime, lift 30 pounds etc. had to take a hair test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo (Beloit, WI).

Interview

Applications are only accepted via computer/online during a very limited time. There is an initial interview and "Select Test." There is a drug test and background check that must be passed before being hired. The drug test is a hair test. They take the applicants into the production plant and let them try packing to get a feel and sight of what they'll be doing.

Interview Questions

• It's been too many years since I did a packer interview so I don't remember the questions but they were "basic" interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. It is what it is. Everyone starts at the same pay rate and benefits and everyone progresses at the same rate. There is no performance bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at PepsiCo (Aberdeen, MD) in February 2011.

Interview

First you have to watch a video then take a test then get called back a couple days later for a three person in a room interview and also you have to do a hair follicle drug test and pass.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's good pay and even thought there were three people in the room for the interview I was nervous but they were very nice and went by quick.

Packer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in December 2010.

Interview

Applied online and received a call around 3 weeks later.. then I did a phone interview and then followed that up with an interview that rotated between three different interviewers..then i received a call to come in for a drug test and then i was called telling me where to do my orientation

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you encountered an employee doing something unethical..what was your response and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Binghamton, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Drug test required. Interview was short and direct.

Packer Interview

Interview

Online application. They then called you and you did an in person interview. You also needed to take a drug test in order to receive a job offer. They would call you but it took several months for them to finally call you back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None negotiable

Packer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PepsiCo in May 2008.

Interview

You walk into a large room filled with other Frito-Lay job applicants. They ask you to fill out an application. You then put the application into an envelope and give it to the coordinator of the event. You then sit in the room and wait for the coordinator to call your name. During my interview, there were 2 interviewers. They ask you pretty simple questions really- mostly relating to your past experiences. Give them enough valid and useful information for them to write on your review- as they will be filling this out throughout your interview, and you will be set.