PepsiCo

Updated Jul 24, 2014

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in March 2014.

The entire process is long but worth it. Background checks will take a while. However the people involved in the process are absolutely wonderful.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Applied On . November 9th and received an email on November 11th to schedule a phone interview with the recruiter. The phone interview on November 15th was pretty basic questions from the resume by the recruiting manager.Got a Call back on November 18th informing that the hiring manager and the team wants to have an onsite interview. third party company set up for Friday 22nd 2013. The interview was with the team and it was explaining what the job is and also asking behavioral questions. I reached home and received an email that the team would like to meet for a 2nd interview and it was scheduled for Friday 27th and this time it was a little more tougher with technical questions. On December 3rd got a call from recruiting manager letting me know that the team is interested and would like to make me an offer and that she has to get approval for my salary and vacation.Dec 4th received a formal offer letter with the salary I asked for.I accepted on December 5th. Overall this whole interview process was pretty smooth. Recruiting Manager was really helpful and kept me in the loop.

Interview Questions
    • you often meet people and sometimes you like their approach or traits and think maybe i need to be like them, what are some of the traits you have seen you dont want to adapt?   Answer Question
    I received what I asked for.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo.

They (Frito Lay division) came to recruit MBA students for full time jobs at my school for the first time in 2006 and I was fortunate to be selected for an interview.

I interviewed in a two on one at school with either a Finance Manager or Sr. Finance Manager who came in from Plano, plus someone in Sales leadership from the local office in St. Louis. They asked a lot of behavioral questions. It was extremely in depth and something that a lot of preparation paid off for. They did not care about Finance experience, which I respected a lot. What they cared about, and what their questions were designed to uncover was if you were intelligent, had drive, and proactively found ways in your past work to be successful. I passed this round and was flown to Plano to the final round with a group of other MBA students from a variety of schools.

When we got into town, that night we had a nice dinner and networking session where we got to talk with many people from the Finance organization including the Frito Lay CFO. The next day I had one one on one followed by two two on one interviews with people ranging from Finance Manager to Director/Group Leader levels. One interview focused a lot around potential to work in the food industry I thought. We talked a lot about innovation, ways to incorporate more healthy yet good tasting snacks, and I was given a chance to relate these topics to past experience. The second interview was really focused on my potential for cross functional leadership and it got very in depth. The final interview was very technical and related around how the P&L is impacted by a variety of decisions around elasticity, pricing, COGS.....they pretty much seemed to want to see that you had a grasp of what drives margins. Amidst all that there was a lunch hosted by HR where they explained the benefits of being at Frito Lay.

Overall it was an amazing experience, my best recruiting experience ever actually. I ensured the recruiter knew that it set the standard. I also appreciated the respect many of the people showed for my Army officer background, which I never expect but very much appreciate. One interviewer went out of her way to thank me before we got to any questions.

I had to decline my offer for family reasons, but it broke my heart to do so. I would love to have worked there and would still like to some day. They have such a tremendous Finance program that offers advancement opportunities that few other corporations offer.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find anything unexpected. I knew it would be very thorough.   Answer Question

Family reasons - wife (fiance at the time) had already accepted a strong job offer in Chicago and we didn't think it would be right for her to rescind, so Plano was no longer possible for us to relocate to.

Engineering R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2013.

On campus screening interview (20 min) during job fair. On campus technical and behavioral interviews (30 minutes each) two weeks later. They'll call you right away if they want you!

Interview Questions
    • Given this PFD, and several problems we have with a potato chip line, come up with a solution using engineering principles.   View Answer
    N/A for internship

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in September 2013.

I met them at a job fair, attended an info-session, and the signup for interviews was pretty open to all engineering majors. There were two interviews, both held on campus. An initial interview with one team member from the college recruit team, and a second interview at a later late (approx 2 months later) with two interviewers. I was contacted the same day after my first interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time whenever you had to prioritize a set of events in order to achieve a goal. How did choose how to prioritize these events and how did the way you prioritized them help you to achieve your goal?   Answer Question
    Very simple. They are very excited to have you on once you go through the interview process. I was very satisfied with the pay they agreed to.

Director of Indirect Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in April 2013.

Initial communications started through email correspondence to establish a time for phone conversation with recruiter. A 30 minute telephone discussion occurred to assess mutual interest in the position. Questions around why I was seeking new opportunities and description of recent roles. The next session was a 30 minute "Green Interview" with the hiring manager, which consisted of a web cam & conference call set up by a 3rd party provider.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when some asked you to do something unethical. What did you learn from it?   View Answer

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in April 2013.

Hired by a third party consulting firm, interview included case and behavioral questions. There was one case related to energy efficiency and several behavioral interviews emphasizing on team work.. Once finalized I had a phone interview with my manager where he explained the scope of the project and the timeline.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2013.

One interview on campus was behavioral questions. There were two interviewers and they were very nice and receptive to my answers and questions. The next interview was at PepsiCo in Plano,TX. I went there with around 30 other candidates from other schools around the area. They fed us breakfast and gave information on the company, and then a tour. There were 3 interviews with various people at the company. The questions were mainly about how you work with other people in group settings.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you used leverage in group project at school.   Answer Question

BIS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in January 2013.

On Campus interview followed by on-site interview in Plano TX. All interviewers were friendly and conversational. About 45 mins - 1 hr each. Most questions were behavioral, "describe a time when you..."

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to take on a leadership role with in a team project   Answer Question

Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Apllied via website and attended career fair. Received call from recruiter and began a series of 2 interviews with the internal team.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult of unexpected questions. Just know your resume and the details of the positon you are interviewing for.   Answer Question
    Negotiated additional vacation days.