PepsiCo RSR Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2014

2.8

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2014.

Very laid back interview. Asked the normal questions for jobs that deal with customers/sales. " Name a certain time when I went above and beyond in order to satisfy a customer". Similar questions like what I could provide that other interviewees could not provide. Very non-threatening interview.

Very easy

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

first they contact you for a Interview then to arrange a work with, where you get to work with someone to see if you feel this is the job for you. then if you/they are still you begin the training program which is one week learning of the company and Procedures, and One Month training on a Route with a Trainer

Interview Questions
    • No difficult Questions but after Work With, they will ask what you felt about the job any and I mean Any Negative View or Comment may result in them not contacting you again   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2014.

Applied through campus website was invited to interview at my school's career fair. The first interview went very well, a couple weeks later I was invited to interview for a full day in Atlanta. The interviews in Atlanta at what they called a campus assessment consisted of one traditional interview, a sales pitch, a decision situation, a resume presentation, and a tour. All of these were conducted with 2 current employees.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince upper level executives to test a new product on your campus?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Mirada, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PepsiCo.

The process is long and difficult but for a reason. It starts with a prescreening online, then they invite you to fill out an app with a current DMV printout and schedule a full day ride along with an RSR to give you an idea of what you're getting into. then there's a couple more interviews before you're given the go ahead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

on line questionnaire initially. followed up by a telephone interview. then a target/selective interview

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when you had a great idea, but management was either reluctant to follow, or didn't follow   View Answer
    No negotiation. pay rate is set, dependent upon route type

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abilene, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Initial online questionnaire with basic math/grammar type questions. After passing this I was asked to come in for a person to person interview with staffing leader, and 2 district managers. STAR questions interspersed with typical "what have you done in past jobs" type questions

Interview Questions
    • STAR question "tell me about a time when you had an idea to improve a job or task, and it was not implemented"   View Answer
    No negotiation. Position pays a commission based on sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2013.

Basic questions about yourself and what you can do for the company nothing hard. Expect to give a lot of information about yourself including what you have done in the past and what would make you a great fit for the compnay.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next year?   View Answer
    None either take or leave

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Valley, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley, UT

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

You are required to take a written test with math probelms and senarios. Then, if you passed the test, you have a few more in person interviews. If you are hired, you have to take a DOT physical. Then they send you to Portland, Oregon for two weeks of training. Then you will train for six weeks with different trainers in different route types.

Interview Questions
    • The job require early start times and fast paced work schedule. They will ask you if you are able to meet those demands.   View Answer
    They will tell you what the pay is for the type of postition. No negotiations.

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2012.

You must check the Frito-Lay employment website daily as job openings are change on that basis. Once you apply online for an open RSR position you must take a "think like a robot" test. You should pass if you answer the questions as if you were a HR manager looking at your responses. If you pass the test then they may call you in for a group interview where you will be given an overview of the company, pay, benefits, a safety lecture and FAQ time. Then if they still like you then they will call you in for a one on one interview. If they don't select you for the job but still like you they may ask if you want to sit "the bench" and they may call you in next time a job becomes available (this could take months to years) then you must submit to a hair follicle drug test that can test up to a year back. Good luck.

set in stone

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsfield, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Pretty lengthy. People seem to get mad that they check DMV records but you drive a truck so they should. Hair Follicle drug test too. They want people with integrity and there is nothing wrong with that.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions that you take on Fritolayemployment.com are tough. Graphs and some actual math questions. I think all the questions are great though because if you can't make it through the testing then maybe you really fit for the job.   Answer Question
    I was 21 when I got hired. Hmmmm... negotiation was - "We have a route for you. You will probably make 50-55k this year. Sound good?" I was 21 with only a H.S. diploma. Incredible opportunity!!

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!