PepsiCo RSR Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Tulsa, OK) in August 2013.

Interview

Basic questions about yourself and what you can do for the company nothing hard. Expect to give a lot of information about yourself including what you have done in the past and what would make you a great fit for the compnay.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None either take or leave

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (West Valley, UT).

Interview

You are required to take a written test with math probelms and senarios. Then, if you passed the test, you have a few more in person interviews. If you are hired, you have to take a DOT physical. Then they send you to Portland, Oregon for two weeks of training. Then you will train for six weeks with different trainers in different route types.

Interview Questions

• The job require early start times and fast paced work schedule. They will ask you if you are able to meet those demands.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will tell you what the pay is for the type of postition. No negotiations.

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2012.

Interview

You must check the Frito-Lay employment website daily as job openings are change on that basis. Once you apply online for an open RSR position you must take a "think like a robot" test. You should pass if you answer the questions as if you were a HR manager looking at your responses. If you pass the test then they may call you in for a group interview where you will be given an overview of the company, pay, benefits, a safety lecture and FAQ time. Then if they still like you then they will call you in for a one on one interview. If they don't select you for the job but still like you they may ask if you want to sit "the bench" and they may call you in next time a job becomes available (this could take months to years) then you must submit to a hair follicle drug test that can test up to a year back. Good luck.

Negotiation

set in stone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Pittsfield, MA).

Interview

Pretty lengthy. People seem to get mad that they check DMV records but you drive a truck so they should. Hair Follicle drug test too. They want people with integrity and there is nothing wrong with that.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions that you take on Fritolayemployment.com are tough. Graphs and some actual math questions. I think all the questions are great though because if you can't make it through the testing then maybe you really fit for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was 21 when I got hired. Hmmmm... negotiation was - "We have a route for you. You will probably make 50-55k this year. Sound good?" I was 21 with only a H.S. diploma. Incredible opportunity!!

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Federal Way, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard interview consisting of selling the company, the district and the local manager pretty heavily. There were a few questions about sales but, because I am overweight, the interviewer began to focus on how "Hard" the work was and that when "I worked the truck, I was in pretty good shape and it was still a workout for me". It was pretty obvious that they weren't interested in anyone that is overweight.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Augusta, ME) in November 2011.

Interview

Took a test - sat down with District Sales Leader - then met regional sales leader. It was a relatively easy hiring process - however it took forever.

Interview Questions

• What does hard work mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ely, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at PepsiCo (Ely, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

Apply online and pass a bunch of personality tests, get accepted and hr calls and sends you for hair sample drug test and full background check, go on a route ride to see if you really want to do the job. Pass those and go to first interview. Zone business manager comes to you for second interview and official Job offer (business manager drove four hours to the middle of no where to interview me and buy my lunch). Get officially hired and start this week training process, one of these weeks you are flown to a region specific training location for a week to learn business models and basics and get wined and dined all week

Interview Questions

• Personality questions ? None were to hard.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PepsiCo (Richmond, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

Not so bad if you do not mind the tribunal treatment. I can handle interviews pretty well though so I was not bothered by sitting in front of 3 to 4 people and answering their questions. You just need to be yourself and have all of your composure gathered if you do not know how to handle your stress in these kinds of scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had previous sales experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

First you have to apply online, and take a test. The test had a number of multiple choice questions about how you would handle diffrent situations. There were also some math, and reading sales charts. You then go for a group presentation, and split off for individual interviews. I went in for route sales, but was offered a diffrent job puting stock out. Never heard for a second interview for route sales.

Interview Questions

• Very targeted on saftey, and you work till the route is done.   Answer Question

The job I was offered was few hours, low pay, and far from my home.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Salem, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Started by applying online. They called back after passing online personality test. Set up interview with district sales leader. After passing that, went in ride a long for full day with a representative. Final interview followed with background check and drug test.